Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Using only visconti Homo Sapien fountain pens

Thanks

Default Re: Using only visconti Homo Sapien fountain pens

Quote Originally Posted by grainweevil View Post

P.S. "London Fog" annoys the hell out of me as a name for a pen - we've only had the Clean Air Act since 1956, ffs. Love George Gershwin and his lovely wife Ira to death and back, but dammit, I wish they'd never written that particular damn song...
    I always took “London fog” to refer to, well, fog. And, for the record, George and Ira were, er, *brothers*, not spouses.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Kulprit View Post
    And, for the record, George and Ira were, er, *brothers*, not spouses.
    Oh, do you not know that one? It's a bit of a classic.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to grainweevil For This Useful Post:

Kulprit (January 23rd, 2019)

Thanks

I love my Visconti HS Bronze Age oversized, especially with my new Pendleton Brown CI nib. But, it will never lead to my use of only Visconti pens. I love my Pelikans, my Omas, my Nakaya, Platinums and Pilots too much to shelve them, much less to dispose of them. By the way, my HS stub wrote beautifully out of the box, just too little line variation. Besides, the potential of a great pen is not just what it does out of the box. It is what it can do out of the box, when adjusted, or when modified. Mine is far superior with its CI, than with its very nice original stub.

Thanks

I've been using a Visconti HS Elegance Oversize for a while. A Fine nib wrote perfectly out of the box. It is acrylic and/but it is a hefty pen. It feels heavier than it looks. That is a good thing. Very solid and put together. It has a converter and I like it much. Very easy to swap inks. With that said, I also recently ordered a new HS Bronze Age, also Fine. When it arrived the collar around the nib looked mauled and the nib was not parallel to the feed. I did not even ink it. Within an hour of receipt it was back in the postal system for an exchange. Hopefully the replacement will be better (the vendor said he's done a through inspection and confirms no apparent issues for this next one). With the above said, I have too many excellent pens for me not to use the others... and, in fact actually have several additional (non-Visconti) pens ordered and on their way. There are too many amazing pens in market for me to be committed to 1 brand. That kind of commitment is only between me and my wife.