Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Article: American reams: why a paperless world still hasnt happened

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    382
    Thanks
    289
    Thanked 322 Times in 135 Posts
    Rep Power
    4

    Default Article: American reams: why a paperless world still hasnt happened

    "In a world seduced by screens, the future of paper might seem uncertain. But many in the industry remain optimistic after all, you cant blow your nose on an email"
    https://www.theguardian.com/news/201...hasnt-happened

  2. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to catbert For This Useful Post:

    Brilliant Bill (December 29th, 2017), Chrissy (January 10th, 2018), dfo (December 29th, 2017), fountainpenkid (January 17th, 2018), KKay (January 10th, 2018), Marsilius (December 29th, 2017), Morgaine (January 10th, 2018), ShugPug (December 29th, 2017), writingrav (December 29th, 2017)

  3. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    637
    Thanks
    2,418
    Thanked 457 Times in 230 Posts
    Rep Power
    6

    Default Re: Article: American reams: why a paperless world still hasnt happened

    Quote Originally Posted by catbert View Post
    "In a world seduced by screens, the future of paper might seem uncertain. But many in the industry remain optimistic after all, you cant blow your nose on an email"
    https://www.theguardian.com/news/201...hasnt-happened
    May not be able to blow my nose on an email, but gotten some interesting things on my phone and screen . . .
    Fortibus es in ero

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to Marsilius For This Useful Post:

    Morgaine (January 10th, 2018)

  5. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    1,410
    Thanks
    1,880
    Thanked 545 Times in 354 Posts
    Rep Power
    6

    Default Re: Article: American reams: why a paperless world still hasnt happened

    Quote Originally Posted by Marsilius View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by catbert View Post
    "In a world seduced by screens, the future of paper might seem uncertain. But many in the industry remain optimistic after all, you cant blow your nose on an email"
    https://www.theguardian.com/news/201...hasnt-happened
    May not be able to blow my nose on an email, but gotten some interesting things on my phone and screen . . .
    Like nose prints and dog slobber on my iPad.
    We have met the enemy and he is us.
    -Pogo

  6. #4
    Senior Member KKay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    586
    Thanks
    1,618
    Thanked 227 Times in 157 Posts
    Rep Power
    3

    Default Re: Article: American reams: why a paperless world still hasnt happened

    As long as there is a demand for it, someone will make paper. Digital copies can be lost. Many people want hard copies for receipts, and for printer paper etc...
    As far as fountain pen friendly paper, that is not an issue right now. As long as fountain pens are popular, we will be in luck. In the future if people turn their back
    on fountain pens, then we may be facing a real issue. I still get junk mail frequently here, and that also uses paper. Now junk mail is something I could live without.
    I could write on printer paper if that is all there was available, although it wouldn't make my very happy.

  7. #5
    FPG Donor ♕ Chrissy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Berkshire UK
    Posts
    3,741
    Thanks
    1,672
    Thanked 3,160 Times in 1,120 Posts
    Rep Power
    8

    Default Re: Article: American reams: why a paperless world still hasnt happened

    Quote Originally Posted by KKay View Post
    As long as there is a demand for it, someone will make paper. Digital copies can be lost. Many people want hard copies for receipts, and for printer paper etc...
    As far as fountain pen friendly paper, that is not an issue right now. As long as fountain pens are popular, we will be in luck. In the future if people turn their back
    on fountain pens, then we may be facing a real issue. I still get junk mail frequently here, and that also uses paper. Now junk mail is something I could live without.
    I could write on printer paper if that is all there was available, although it wouldn't make my very happy.
    Agreed. As long as there's a need for it, someone will make paper. Fountain pens? I'm not so sure about those. I know I won't be around to worry about a world where no-one makes fountain pens anymore.

  8. #6
    Senior Member Morgaine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Wales
    Posts
    725
    Thanks
    369
    Thanked 274 Times in 171 Posts
    Rep Power
    5

    Default Re: Article: American reams: why a paperless world still hasnt happened

    How long did you keep your first ever email!?

    I tried to make paper from vegetable peelings a while back. Rather thick and fibrous. Only attempted it once!
    I am a Penpaller and Correspondent. I have a blog. I have a snail mail forum for discussion and postal challenges.... 2018: I took part in InCoWriMo-2018.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •