Thread: Shangas Sez..."O Hai Tharr!"

Shangas

Default Shangas Sez..."O Hai Tharr!"

Hello.

My name is Shangas. *waves*

I'm a 22-year-old university student studying a Masters of Art in Writing. As you can imagine, this involves a LOT of...well...writing.

I am an avid and enthusiastic writer, and have been ever since I learnt that pens were for making things called 'letters', and not to doodle on the wall with. This seemed to make my parents incredibly happy, and I found a new hobby other than feeding the birds.

Even though I'm young, my experience with fountain pens is pretty extensive, having been trained in the Ways of the Nib since the age of seven. I have a collection of some three dozen fountain pens of varying ages and brands, all of which work and all of which are much loved by their owner. I'm able to do most basic fountain pen repairs and this is something that's enabled me to expand my collection significantly.

Apart from collecting fountain pens, I also collect other writing paraphernalia. Boxes, dip pens, pen holders, seals, wax, ink and other writing accessories such as inkwells, rocker blotters, etc.

I am a fulltime fountain pen user. I haven't touched a ballpoint for the past thirteen years (before which I used fountain pens & BPs side by side, but never enjoyed it, so I kicked BPs out of my life).

I am always to be found with at least one fountain pen in my pocket, often two, on rare occasions three or more. I love antiques and I'm a massive massive massive history buff/nerd/freak (whatever!). I also love vintage pocket watches. I may be found at the Fountain Pen Network and at the Watchuseek forums under the username of "Shangas" as well.

I welcome any chance to speak to any one of you about pens, history, pocket watches and other such-related topics (writing, writing paraphernalia, literature, etc) and I am reachable on MSN & Yahoo Instant Messengers (see my profile for details).

Yours,

Shangas.

michael

Hi Shangas, and Welcome!

Spectacular introduction! A pleasure to meet you.

I guess I'll need to an introduction for myself as well, but then I may have to admit that I do not yet own a fountain pen. Yikes!

=) Michael

Shangas

No fountain pen!!??

Blasphemy! Treason! Heresy! He shall be Burnt at Bic!!

...I mean...

Hi, Michael

Thanks
    Thanked 1,837 Times in 439 Posts

Shangas, I think you'll fit right in around here. We're all about embracing the inner geek.
    I see you've found the chat box on the front page. Hopefully we'll catch each other there sometime.

Oh, and Michael, no worries about not owning a FP yet. Yours will come soon.