Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: A Dilemma? What to do for the best?

Thanks
    Thanked 10,367 Times in 3,978 Posts

Default Re: A Dilemma? What to do for the best?

Quote Originally Posted by SIR View Post
    Hi Chissy,

Firstly, I must reiterate others' praise for your contributions, you are a valued member and would certainly be missed; indeed, i'd go so far as to say the forum wouldn't be the same without you.

However... I am extremely troubled by the deletion of a post which posed the question of whether or not you might be professionally associated with the Diamine company.
    To me, that is FPN behaviour and one of the main reasons I exclusively limit my interest to this site and not that one.
    Thanks. The post was deleted because the "member" who posted it was merely another brand new registration, at that moment, from the same troll. Zippy & Bungle...as in Rainbow?
    That is the kind of inflammatory question that trolls deliberately ask. I wouldn't let it trouble you because you know I'm not the owner of the Diamine Company. I wish......
    It would appear that at least we can now guess that at least one of the trolls is British as that's a CBBC TV show.
    Last edited by Chrissy; January 8th, 2018 at 04:49 AM.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,927 Times in 842 Posts

I always liked Rainbow. It'll never be the same for me again. Zippy and Bungle trolls? Who would have guessed?
    Regards,
    Deb
    My Blog

Thanks
    Thanked 3,712 Times in 1,610 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Chrissy View Post
    It would appear that at least we can now guess that at least one of the trolls is British as that's a CBBC TV show.
    Of course, the person didn't ask if you owned Diamine but rather if you were professionally associated; as in working for them as employee or contractor. Since your reviews pretty much deal with those features that can be evidenced I'm not at all sure how it would be a relevant issue anyway unless you took a pro-Diamine and anti-Everything else position Else position which you have not done.

But remember CBBC is aimed at the audience I mentioned in Message #2; the kiddies at the little table. Perhaps if you put one of his posts up on the refrigerator he would be dead chuffed.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Deb View Post
    I always liked Rainbow. It'll never be the same for me again.
    Ashes to Ashes did that to me years ago. I can only be grateful they didn't use Bod or The Flumps.

Anyway, fwiw, Rainbow was on ITV, not BBC. Not important, but wildly more important than wasting all this energy and thread on such persons as earn the label "troll", imo.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by grainweevil View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Deb View Post
    I always liked Rainbow. It'll never be the same for me again.
    Ashes to Ashes did that to me years ago. I can only be grateful they didn't use Bod or The Flumps.

Anyway, fwiw, Rainbow was on ITV, not BBC. Not important, but wildly more important than wasting all this energy and thread on such persons as earn the label "troll", imo.
    Very true.
    Regards,
    Deb
    My Blog

Thanks

Oooh sorry. I didn't realise that Rainbow wasn't BBC Not that it was a show I watched.

FWIW I see today in the Radio Times that Ashes to Ashes is starting a rerun tonight on Drama at 8 o'clock. I spotted it earlier today.
    Last edited by Chrissy; January 8th, 2018 at 08:14 AM.

Thanks

Sorry guys, but what evidence exactly is there that 'Bungle' was a troll?

I can understand there is a possible connection (if you care to see it) between their name and another poster who has been judged to be a troll, but otherwise it would seem as though you are being rather hypocritical - abusing another new member for no good reason.

Thanks
    Thanked 11,039 Times in 4,010 Posts

I can understand there is a possible connection (if you care to see it) between their name and another poster who has been judged to be a troll, but otherwise it would seem as though you are being rather hypocritical - abusing another new member for no good reason.
    Past history and behavior.

The deal is that, here on FPG, we pretty much have to clean up the joint on our own. The owner will often respond if posts are reported for ill behavior but it isn't a given. With no active mods, it falls upon the community to look at posting patterns and content to ascertain whether remarks are done with valid purpose or if they seem to be simply for the activity of causing issues. I didn't follow that thread in-depth but when new members jump into a rather innocuous thread and start behaving in an insulting manner, it isn't a giant leap of concept to understand the psychology involved. On balance, the FPG community is exceedingly tolerant and allows a lot of dissent. Sometimes, though, the bullshit meter has it's needles pinned to the right and one simply needs to call it. I think this was the case here. Others may feel different, as is their right.
    "When Men differ in Opinion, both Sides ought equally to have the Advantage of being heard by the Publick;
    and that when Truth and Error have fair Play, the former is always an overmatch for the latter."

~ Benjamin Franklin

Thanks

Unhappy Re: A Dilemma? What to do for the best?

"Maybe Chrissy is the Director/owner of Diamine?" seemed like a fairly innocuous comment to me, certainly not insulting; there is no denying 'Chrissy' could be an abbreviation of Diamine's director's first name and Chrissy publicly declares her location for this forum as Berkshire which was, until recently, where Diamine had their business address registered - so, wtf..?

Thanks

Personally I hope you do not leave. I find your ink reviews to very through and very helpful. That will always be one person that wants to spoil it for others. That person desires to have attention with negative thoughts to stir discontentment,

InCoWri 2018, Letter Writers Alliance Member, Postable link: www.postable.com/bradharris, postcrossing

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to southpaw52 For This Useful Post:

Chrissy (January 8th, 2018), inklord (January 8th, 2018)

Thanks

One good reason is that the only "Bungle" I am aware of is the character in Rainbow who is the partner of Zippy and George.
    Regards,
    Deb
    My Blog

Thanks

"Maybe Chrissy is the Director/owner of Diamine?" seemed like a fairly innocuous comment to me, certainly not insulting; there is no denying 'Chrissy' could be an abbreviation of Diamine's director's first name and Chrissy publicly declares her location for this forum as Berkshire which was, until recently, where Diamine had their business address registered - so, wtf..?
    There are quite a few people in Berkshire, many of whom may share the name. If she actually is either the owner or a director of Diamine she really isn't doing her company any good by giving other ink manufacturers equal time and praise.
    Regards,
    Deb
    My Blog

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Deb For This Useful Post:

Chrissy (January 8th, 2018), inklord (January 8th, 2018)

Thanks

Of course Chrissy may just like their inks.

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to RocketRyan For This Useful Post:

Chrissy (January 8th, 2018), inklord (January 8th, 2018), Jon Szanto (January 8th, 2018), penwash (January 8th, 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 11,039 Times in 4,010 Posts

Are you fucking kidding me? Yeah, the head of a major ink manufacturer has been reviewing inks online in at least two public forums for *years*, of course that is a perfectly reasonable extrapolation from a name.

As if.

BTW, "Are you fucking kidding me?" seems like a fairly innocuous comment to me. YMMV.
    "When Men differ in Opinion, both Sides ought equally to have the Advantage of being heard by the Publick;
    and that when Truth and Error have fair Play, the former is always an overmatch for the latter."

~ Benjamin Franklin

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jon Szanto For This Useful Post:

Chrissy (January 8th, 2018), Dreck (January 9th, 2018), jar (January 8th, 2018), mhosea (January 8th, 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,712 Times in 1,610 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Szanto View Post
    Are you fucking kidding me? Yeah, the head of a major ink manufacturer has been reviewing inks online in at least two public forums for *years*, of course that is a perfectly reasonable extrapolation from a name.

As if.

BTW, "Are you fucking kidding me?" seems like a fairly innocuous comment to me. YMMV.
    Some kids have far too much free time and far too little supervision.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jar For This Useful Post:

Chrissy (January 8th, 2018), Jon Szanto (January 8th, 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,819 Times in 786 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Szanto View Post
    OK, that made me laugh. I seem to have missed all the fun. The offending posts have been removed, have they not? Or did I look at the wrong thread?
    --
    Mike

Thanks

I can't believe what I'm seeing on this thread. SIR: Are you being serious or is this some sort of a wind-up?

Bungle was not a new member but a new registration from the same troll. I already gave you this information and I did not tell you a lie. The site owner decided that fact, based on all of the evidence that he had in front of him. So if you have an argument about that I suggest you take it up with him rather than throwing wild accusations around.

I'm not even going to dignify anything to do with the other wild accusation about Diamine with any other answers apart from the fact that the Diamine factory is in Liverpool. I didn't lie to you when I answered that before either.

I can't believe you are actually seriously discussing this. Those trolls are sitting there at their little kiddies table laughing their socks off at you because they've wound you up.
    Last edited by Chrissy; January 8th, 2018 at 04:05 PM.

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chrissy For This Useful Post:

inklord (January 8th, 2018), Jon Szanto (January 8th, 2018)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by southpaw52 View Post
    Personally I hope you do not leave. I find your ink reviews to very through and very helpful. That will always be one person that wants to spoil it for others. That person desires to have attention with negative thoughts to stir discontentment,
    Thanks.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hansdown View Post
    I would wager that there are quite a few members like myself who post rarely but read regularly. I always enjoy your ink reviews and make it a habit to check if you have a review of an ink before I try it. Keep up the good reviews and ignore trolls!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    What they said! Thank you for all your work Chris's!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ShugPug View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by hansdown View Post
    I would wager that there are quite a few members like myself who post rarely but read regularly. I always enjoy your ink reviews and make it a habit to check if you have a review of an ink before I try it. Keep up the good reviews and ignore trolls!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    What they said! Thank you for all your work Chris's!
    Cheers. Posting rarely and reading regularly sounds like a good plan.