Thread: A Dilemma? What to do for the best?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,502 Times in 4,015 Posts

Default A Dilemma? What to do for the best?

I have encountered a "troll" on a recent Ink Review thread that I posted in the Ink review forum. This person has been a member for a long time, although it's noticeable that they haven't posted many posts. So, yes they could still be a "sleeping troll." I was trying my best to be polite and answering in an entirely normal way.

Today, a relatively new member has posted a post that thanked me for my reviews. However, despite saying they weren't coming back to the thread, the "troll" has called that member a 'Creep' with a smiley.

As far as I'm concerned, this is absolutely unacceptable. It makes me want to leave this forum for good because I actually don't need to have to deal with 'trolls' like this. I'm happy to live my life without having to do so. On the other hand, I feel really sorry for this relatively new member, who did absolutely nothing wrong, yet found themselves called a 'creep'

What kind of an impression is this "troll" giving to relatively new members who come on here to make reasonable posts rather than to just sell stuff? No wonder this forum is what it has become.

I suppose I could just leave negative feedback on the Reputation Board, but to be honest, this doesn't affect 'trolls' in the slightest. Especially those who stay under their bridges for prolonged periods.
    Last edited by Chrissy; January 7th, 2018 at 09:38 AM.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chrissy For This Useful Post:

dfo (January 8th, 2018), welch (January 8th, 2018)