Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 2018 February letter frenzy - InCoWriMo / A handwritten letter every day

Thanks

Default Re: 2018 February letter frenzy - InCoWriMo / A handwritten letter every day

Quote Originally Posted by Chrissy View Post
    Is it cheating to
    .... all answers are no.
    If you start one early and finish it on a day in February, hooray - your writing more.
    If you pre-write a bunch of letters and deliver them in February, hooray - your writing more.
    If you .... anything that involves putting thoughts into something which transports it to another person, hooray - your making a connection that you wouldn't normally have made.
    If you miss a day (or two), think of all the extra writing you are doing that you normally wouldn't.

Keep it low stress, high enjoyment, silly, and a joy.

May your ink not run and you letters bring happiness to all,
    Mark

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Type40 For This Useful Post:

Chrissy (February 1st, 2018), fountainpenkid (February 3rd, 2018)

Thanks

Default Re: 2018 February letter frenzy - InCoWriMo / A handwritten letter every day

Is January 31 the non-holiday with the smallest number of hand written letters mailed in the entire year?

Thanks
    Thanked 3,788 Times in 1,642 Posts

Oh my gosh. It starts TOMORROW!
    "Nolo esse salus sine vobis ...” —St. Augustine

Thanks

Life got sneaky and pulled me away from here and most replies. Finally caught up and back in here, just in time to start up InCoWriMo. Between cleaning the house and applying to grad school, hopefully I can stick with it again this year. I am in the InCo.org book under Sam Weaver
    "Writing is its own reward" - Henry Miller

Get a letter from me

Thanks

Ok, definitely trying to participate again this year after missing out last year. First letter to my grandparents today, but I have my address on the website list and looking forward to connecting with some new people now.

Thanks

Picked a few victims from InCoWriMo-2018 site, and the letters have been posted.

Thanks
    Thanked 10,336 Times in 3,966 Posts

I'm still on course...for now. I've posted 8. (Feels almost saintly. )

(I haven't actually run out of "replies" yet...)
    Last edited by Chrissy; February 6th, 2018 at 05:22 AM.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,379 Times in 2,500 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by VertOlive View Post
    Oh my gosh. It starts TOMORROW!
    Thank goodness. I thought I was a week late!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to FredRydr For This Useful Post:

ShugPug (February 6th, 2018)

Thanks

I've done the required dailies plus a few extra so far... I'm doing a lame sort of close-eyes-wiggle-mouse method of randomizing. Had to buy more international stamps. I've come up on Australia twice!

Thanks

In the interests of forward planning, I bought a good batch of unused "E" stamps on eBay during January. They work for Europe up to 20grams weight and Worldwide up to 10grams weight. For US friends, I have to use airmail envelopes and TR paper to get down to 10grams.

Thanks

Okay, I gave up on the close-eyes wiggle-mouse technique. Now I've got a mature and scientific rolling the D&D dice method going on

Thanks
    Thanked 6,379 Times in 2,500 Posts

In the interests of forward planning, I bought a good batch of unused "E" stamps on eBay during January. They work for Europe up to 20grams weight and Worldwide up to 10grams weight. For US friends, I have to use airmail envelopes and TR paper to get down to 10grams.
    It hardly seems to matter. A postcard arrived today from Scotland with only a 5p stamp.

Thanks

As of this morning twenty have gone out. (this does not include the five that were hand delivered, rather than mailed.) Three new ones arrived in today's mail. One reply is ready, another is in process. I expect all will go no later than Tuesday. (Monday being a postal holiday here in the US)
    Brad "Words are, of course, the most powerful drug used by mankind" - Rudyard Kipling

"None of us can have as many virtues as the fountain-pen, or half its cussedness; but we can try." - Mark Twain

Thanks

I am waaaayyy ahead of the game. Counting the two which arrived today, which I have completed replies to, that brings my count to 25 with a week to go.
    Brad "Words are, of course, the most powerful drug used by mankind" - Rudyard Kipling

"None of us can have as many virtues as the fountain-pen, or half its cussedness; but we can try." - Mark Twain

Thanks

I suppose I should work on replies before sending too new victims

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Runnin_Ute View Post
    I am waaaayyy ahead of the game. Counting the two which arrived today, which I have completed replies to, that brings my count to 25 with a week to go.
    Did you receive one from me yet?

Thanks

Not yet. Do you recall when it was sent?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Thanks

Feb 19th or 20th....

Thanks

Feb 19th or 20th....
    I will watch for it.

Thanks

Well, today is February 24, 2018, and I have kept up with INCOWRIMO 2018. My practice is to write a letter to a man, a woman, one in the U.S. and one foreign, on alternating days. Haven’t missed a day, and only four to go. And I’ve looked up each address on Google Maps so I can see where my recipients live. Some of my recipients have sent return mail, and I’ve received one letter that was from a nice person who selected my name from the address list. It’s been fun, and in a few cases I see the possibility of ongoing correspondence. This is a great way to make friends, and frankly, I’m having a great deal of fun.