Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Trouble with inks?

Thanks
    Thanked 10,367 Times in 3,978 Posts

Default Re: Trouble with inks?

Quote Originally Posted by KKay View Post
    Chrissy I don't have a Custom 74. The only Pilot I have is a Prera. The Platinum 3776 B is a clear demonstrator, and I can see the feed. I'm pretty sure I put this ink in a Noodler's Konrad with no issues as well. Whatever I put it in, it likes a wetter pen. I've had this ink quite a while, so it may not be as fine of particles as they possibly make today. I'm not sure about that. I like it so much I have a back up bottle. The EOC in a wet pen on Tomoe River paper is pure magic. I love it.
    I believe that both Pilot's have the same feed, although not the same nibs. I'm pretty sure that the shimmer particles are nano sized particles, exactly like particles in pigment inks, but shimmer pigment rather than colour pigment. I have pots full of them from when I restored ceramics. It's likely that you might just need a wetter pen.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Chrissy For This Useful Post:

KKay (January 10th, 2018)

Thanks

The Prera has a steel nib, so they aren't the same. I did put some Sailor-Sei boku in that Pilot Prera CM yesterday. It is a sample. So far it has done well. The pen that had a clog from EOC was an Edison Collier with a F nib. I tuned it later on, and now it writes much wetter than initially. It didn't fully clog the pen, but it was a definite clog nonetheless. I flushed it and put in Diamine-Autumn Oak next. It was a much murkier color. I started to flush that ink out, and the teal color showed up. I was shocked because I thought I had flushed it good. It took a bulb syringe to get the feed of the Collier to flush out the clog.

Thanks

I found that Diamine Deep Dark Green caused the diaphragm on my P 51 Vac to become ‘gooey’. I like the color so it will be used in a C/C pen. Has anyone else had the same result?
    We have met the enemy and he is us.
    -Pogo