Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: NEW ink brand - Colorverse

Thanks

Default Re: NEW ink brand - Colorverse

Quote Originally Posted by migo984 View Post

Live perfectly without inks?! Surely you jest? 🤔😉
    Of course, this is something that I say to everyone who talks to much about pricing instead of just buying and enjoying what they like.
    It is completely out of place, coming from someone who has 300+ ink bottles and is on a mission to collect all the Japanese shop exclusive inks. :P

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Dhruv For This Useful Post:

Rossler (February 7th, 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 10,377 Times in 3,982 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dhruv View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrissy View Post

I can live without buying Korean inks at £45 per pack thanks.
    All the members of this board can perfectly live without FP's and inks, they aren't necessary for sustainence.
    This hobby in itself is an indulgence. So might as well go all the way if you like the colours instead of trying to justify each and every expenditure.
    I already have plenty of inks, in every possible colour that I might ever need. I don't need to justify each and every expenditure, but sometimes I just choose to do that.

Thanks

All the members of this board can perfectly live without FP's and inks, they aren't necessary for sustainence.
    This hobby in itself is an indulgence. So might as well go all the way if you like the colours instead of trying to justify each and every expenditure.
    You know perfectly that we, in Europe, have such a fantastic manufacturer of Inks, rather cheap, rather crappy, but cheap nevertheless. One can evaluate their quality by the number of posts in the Ink Review section. /s

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Rossler For This Useful Post:

Dhruv (February 7th, 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,155 Times in 1,103 Posts

I don't buy Pilot Iroshizuku inks at UK list prices, if I want them I buy them on Amazon. Nor do I pay £30 for 50ml bottles of Montblanc inks because if I decide I want them, I get them when there is a discount on them. Nor will I ever pay £45 or even £40 for any Korean inks. If people are prepared to pay that then good luck to them. I'm not.
    I quoted “list price”, to enable a like-for-like comparison. The point I was making was that, for a lot of people, they are really no more expensive than Mb, Iroshizuku or Louis Vuitton for example. It is possible to get Colorverse for less than UK list, as you do other brands. As an experienced ink buyer, with lots of contacts, I assume you could get cheaper prices too, or buy them in the US.

As with lots of stationery from Korea, they really are great quality, & original, inks, with one or two exceptions. It’d be a shame not to give them a go, even if just by cadging some of the small 15ml bottles, or samples, from mates 🙂. That’s the best thing about the small 15ml bottles; they make for ideal swaps. Then you’d have no need to fork out £45.

But if you’re dead set against them, then fine. We all have personal preferences.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to migo984 For This Useful Post:

Rossler (February 7th, 2018)

Thanks

Live perfectly without inks?! Surely you jest? 樂
    Of course, this is something that I say to everyone who talks to much about pricing instead of just buying and enjoying what they like.
    It is completely out of place, coming from someone who has 300+ ink bottles and is on a mission to collect all the Japanese shop exclusive inks. :P
    Ah - I tease 😉🙂
    How is your mission going, by the way? What’s currently on your target list?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rossler View Post

You know perfectly that we, in Europe, have such a fantastic manufacturer of Inks, rather cheap, rather crappy, but cheap nevertheless. One can evaluate their quality by the number of posts in the Ink Review section. /s
    😂😂😂😂

Thanks

Ah - I tease 😉🙂
    How is your mission going, by the way? What’s currently on your target list?
    Really good. I got a few inks last year that were considered unobtainable - office Vender, tomiya Akita, Bungu no Kura rihei, Hirayama Mannendou, etc. Etc. The list I started out with in 2015 is more or less complete with the exception of:

Kobayashi inks from Shizuoka
    Voltaire Juni-Hitoe inks from Kyoto
    Hankyu Maroon and Kurikawa
    Pelle Penna inks from Osaka

That aside, also getting whatever colours I like from colorverse. Have the Black hole, supernova, Quasar and some other from season 2. Will have to order again since I like vortex motion too (thank you for the review &#128522. They almost feel like sailor inks.
    Those Kuretake inks from Anata Burando are also interesting. I have the Black (Ryu Nou), and behaviour and performance is on par with sailor.

Thanks

Nor will I ever pay £45 or even £40 for any Korean inks.

Okay I have to ask:

You went out of your way twice to mention specifically Korean inks. That's an odd distinction to make, that you won't pay £45 for inks specifically made by Koreans.

Not £45 for overseas inks, not £45 for inks from Asia or merely that you are not willing to pay £45 for any inks. You didn't say, "I am not willing to pay £45 for inks from half way around the world when there are plenty of inks right here" or that "£45 is too much for an unproven brand" or whatever. Just that £45 is too much for Korean inks.

Perhaps nothing was meant by it but I can't imagine why the nationality of the ink maker was important enough to make explicit in both your statements. That seems rather odd. Have you had bad experiences with Korean made inks before (egoistar, 8 oysters, colorverse) or what?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by stub View Post

Nor will I ever pay £45 or even £40 for any Korean inks.

Okay I have to ask:

You went out of your way twice to mention specifically Korean inks. That's an odd distinction to make, that you won't pay £45 for inks specifically made by Koreans.

Not £45 for overseas inks, not £45 for inks from Asia or merely that you are not willing to pay £45 for any inks. You didn't say, "I am not willing to pay £45 for inks from half way around the world when there are plenty of inks right here" or that "£45 is too much for an unproven brand" or whatever. Just that £45 is too much for Korean inks.

Perhaps nothing was meant by it but I can't imagine why the nationality of the ink maker was important enough to make explicit in both your statements. That seems rather odd. Have you had bad experiences with Korean made inks before (egoistar, 8 oysters, colorverse) or what?
    Nothing "sinister" was meant by it as I have plenty of inks and don't worry about where in the world they come from. I have already mentioned somewhere that the likely reason for the very high price of these inks is that they have to be shipped halfway around the world from South Korea. So that, and the fact that they have a "gimmick" where they choose to put two different sized glass bottles in a "duo" pack, that makes their ink even heavier to ship, might be the only reason for the high price.

Therefore the pack price doesn't necessarily reflect the ink quality. And yes, many inks may be like that. However, because of this, I personally consider Colorverse as a new and an unproven "gimmiky" brand from an unproven Company in a Country I've not previously heard of for the manufacture of premium quality fountain pen inks.

I never said anywhere that I "won't pay £45 for inks specifically made by Koreans." that was an incorrect interpretation on your part.

It's not a bandwagon on which I want to jump. I'm currently not buying inks from anywhere. But you are right, I should have said "I am not willing to pay £45 for inks from half way around the world when there are plenty of inks right here" and that "£45 is too much for an unproven brand" because those phrases sum up my feelings.
    Last edited by Chrissy; February 8th, 2018 at 12:05 AM.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Chrissy For This Useful Post:

Woody (March 31st, 2018)

Thanks

That seems entirely reasonable. Thanks for the clarification. These inks are nearly as expensive here too $30 = ₩30,000 and are unavailable to purchase other than directly from them. I don't have any inks from them yet either and I live 2 subway stops away from their office.

Thanks

That seems entirely reasonable. Thanks for the clarification. These inks are nearly as expensive here too $30 = ₩30,000 and are unavailable to purchase other than directly from them. I don't have any inks from them yet either and I live 2 subway stops away from their office.
    NP. At $30 a pack I would have considered trying them.

Thanks

So the new Mb inks (oops sorry, “Elixirs”) are over $70 per 50ml bottle. Read the blurb and have a snigger. “Precious natural inks”.......

Violet de Cobalt:
    http://www.montblanc...ttle-50-ml.html

Azure:

Pourpe:

Thanks

So the new Mb inks (oops sorry, “Elixirs”) are over $70 per 50ml bottle.
    Sweet lord that is insane.

First Sailor more than doubles their per ML prices.

Now Monty has gone mad too.

I think I am going to get a 350ml Pilot Blue-Black and just forget about ever getting any new inks.

Fuck this noise.

$72 for 50ml of ink? That is bonkers.

Thanks

Oh dear, dear!!!

It's not as if MB are a top choice for me, but anyway it is rather sad.
    I have dozens of Montblanc's pens (only limited edition) but in my list of favourite inks I only have one worthy of mention.
    Someone else can have their inks, enjoy the "Preciousness"...

Screen Shot 2018-02-13 at 16.12.57.jpg
    Last edited by Rossler; February 13th, 2018 at 09:26 AM.

Thanks

I started a new thread about Montblanc Elixir inks.
    This is a thread specifically about New Colorverse inks so I didn't wish to go

Thanks

Been scouting around -- Colorverse will be available from Goulet Pens soon, the range is also available now from Jet Pens, and from Vanesse as someone already mentioned. Jet Pens has some good scans. There was a 3rd with some more flowery colors. I rather like the blue/purple and the brown scans.

Colorverse1.jpgcolorverse2.jpg

21. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Woody For This Useful Post:

KKay (May 5th, 2018), Pterodactylus (May 12th, 2018), Rossler (April 6th, 2018)

Thanks

Does anyone know if these are pigment-based or dye-based?
    Quid rides? Mutato nomine de te fabula narratur. — Horace
    (What are you laughing at? Just change the name and the joke’s on you.)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by calamum View Post
    Does anyone know if these are pigment-based or dye-based?
    It depends on the colour. Most are dye-based, but some are pigment-based & there are a few ‘metallic’ shimmering inks too.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to migo984 For This Useful Post:

calamus (May 4th, 2018)

Thanks

I think I am going to get a 350ml Pilot Blue-Black and just forget about ever getting any new inks.

Fuck this noise.

In the UK these Montblanc Elixir inks are £50 per 50ml bottle. Colorverse inks are £45 per pack. Yes you get more mls of ink with Colorverse. However for me personally, it's not enough of a price difference to make Montblanc totally ridiculous. Especially as I know of somewhere that might get them in stock that regularly has 20% off days. On the other hand I've now seen some swabs and can live without them.

Atsu or "21tgif" is currently selling Sailor 20ml ink bottles for £22.13 on ebay. So at £1 per ml the Montblanc inks are cheaper and probably come in better bottles & boxes. It's all relative really.
    Last edited by Chrissy; May 9th, 2018 at 04:52 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,804 Times in 1,697 Posts

Fuck this noise.

In the UK these Montblanc Elixir inks are £50 per 50ml bottle. Colorverse inks are £45 per pack. Yes you get more mls of ink with Colorverse. However for me personally, it's not enough of a price difference to make Montblanc totally ridiculous. Especially as I know of somewhere that might get them in stock that regularly has 20% off days. On the other hand I've now seen some swabs and can live without them.

Atsu or "21tgif" is currently selling Sailor 20ml ink bottles for £22.13 on ebay. So at £1 per ml the Montblanc inks are cheaper and probably come in better bottles & boxes. It's all relative really.
    45£ means 51€ this is way too much.

In the meanwhile I couldn’t resist to buy also a couple of Colorverse inks (including mystery ink #16 Crystal Planet).

I bought it from a shop in Germany for 29,5€, which still is expensive.

But 29,5€ and 51€ is quite a huge difference.
    Last edited by Pterodactylus; May 12th, 2018 at 05:41 AM.