Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: NEW ink brand - Colorverse

Thanks
    Thanked 3,155 Times in 1,103 Posts

Default NEW ink brand - Colorverse

Some exciting new inks have arrived and I absolutely love the packaging! If you're an astrophysics / Space fan you will love these.

Here are some pictures of the packaging. Apologies for the blurriness!

Each colour comes in a brilliantly designed box and includes a 65ml bottle and a 15ml bottle of each. The bottle shape manages to be really original, yet somehow classic at the same time.

I have swabbed the inks & initial impressions are very good indeed (colour, saturation, sheen). But it is an extremely dull & dreary day here, so I'll post more and better photos and reviews of the inks (Quasar 13, Andromeda 16 and Vortex Motion 17) tomorrow, weather permitting.

3 INKS 09-01-2017.jpg3 INKS.jpg

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to migo984 For This Useful Post:

Ahriman4891 (January 9th, 2018), dfo (January 9th, 2018), fountainpagan (January 10th, 2018), KKay (January 10th, 2018), MarisaCactus (January 31st, 2018), Morgaine (January 10th, 2018), Rossler (January 10th, 2018)

Thanks

Default Re: NEW ink brand - Colorverse

Looking forward to seeing the results, interesting idea of having two bottles in one box.

Link attached for those who cannot wait

https://www.colorverseink.com/company/brandstory.html

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fermata For This Useful Post:

fountainpagan (January 10th, 2018), Rossler (January 10th, 2018)

Thanks

Oh, neat. Looking forward to your reviews. I did some browsing and like a few of the colors, but would like to see what you think about the writing properties. I apparently also need to wait for the "season 3" inks to be available as there are a couple combos there that I find interesting.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Scooby921 View Post
    Oh, neat. Looking forward to your reviews. I did some browsing and like a few of the colors, but would like to see what you think about the writing properties. I apparently also need to wait for the "season 3" inks to be available as there are a couple combos there that I find interesting.
    So far I can say they are very “Sailor-like” in their properties. Andromeda has lots of sheen. And Vortex Motion is extremely paper dependent colour-wise. It is a chameleon; it changes colour as it dries. Not yet inked a pen with Quasar.
    Will review them asap.

Some of the Season 3 ink combos are interesting although I have no interest in the shimmer inks.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,728 Times in 1,976 Posts

Thanks for this, migo.

The Einstein Ring maybe (just maybe) is the purple ink I'm searching for...

https://www.colorverseink.com/produc...isplay_group=1
    - Will
    Unique and restored vintage pens: Redeem Pens

8. The Following User Says Thank You to penwash For This Useful Post:

Woody (January 9th, 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,807 Times in 1,648 Posts

Absolutely love those bottles!
    "Nolo esse salus sine vobis ...” —St. Augustine

Thanks

I reviewed some of the inks back in November — I like them!

https://ukfountainpens.com/2017/11/2...lorverse-inks/

Thanks
    Thanked 10,481 Times in 4,009 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Eciton View Post
    I reviewed some of the inks back in November — I like them!

https://ukfountainpens.com/2017/11/2...lorverse-inks/
    Thank you for the reviews. I don't understand the gimmick of the smaller bottles or the measurements of the surface tension.

Thanks

Einstein Ring for me!

Thanks

Was looking at these the other day, and bemoaning the fact that datainadequate's and my brilliant idea of space themed inks had been scooped. Ah well, our fortunes will have to be made elsewhere!

I like the concept and the bottles are very attractive, although like Chrissy, I don't really get the point of the small one. Now if it was a different, complimentary colour or something, that'd be cool. I think I read somewhere that some folks did a group buy and swapped the small ones round between themselves, which isn't a bad idea - and maybe that's the point? From what I've seen thus far they're way too saturated and sheening for my taste, but if a UK distributor eventually rolls round, no doubt I'll conveniently forget that and be compelled to try one.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by grainweevil View Post
    Was looking at these the other day, and bemoaning the fact that datainadequate's and my brilliant idea of space themed inks had been scooped. Ah well, our fortunes will have to be made elsewhere!

I like the concept and the bottles are very attractive, although like Chrissy, I don't really get the point of the small one. Now if it was a different, complimentary colour or something, that'd be cool. I think I read somewhere that some folks did a group buy and swapped the small ones round between themselves, which isn't a bad idea - and maybe that's the point? From what I've seen thus far they're way too saturated and sheening for my taste, but if a UK distributor eventually rolls round, no doubt I'll conveniently forget that and be compelled to try one.
    Check out Colorverse Season 3. The small bottle will be a complementary/contrasting ink.

Personally I think the small bottles are a brilliant idea. I often use brushes and dip pens with inks and the small bottles are perfect for that. They are also great for when away from home, and for sharing. Can also be topped up from the larger bottle too.
    And to be honest, I just love them because they are a fabulous design, well-made and very cute! So much easier on the eye than other refill bottles.

Currently testing the inks and they are indeed saturated, but the degree of saturation varies. Season 1 inks tend to be more muted and shading. And Colorverse are nowhere near as saturated and sheeny as many others on the market, and nothing like the latest Organic Studio inks. They are ridiculous, and nearly unusable.

I think new ink ranges are exciting. I like to explore new colours. Only time will tell if these new inks are successful, but they seem to be proving very popular so far.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to migo984 For This Useful Post:

Rossler (January 20th, 2018)

Thanks

You're selling it to me, migo - stop it!

In fairness, on the sheen side, there seems to be such a fixation on it these days people seem to be pouring ink onto paper with a spoon to achieve it, I may well have been mislead as to the degree.

Thanks

You're selling it to me, migo - stop it!

In fairness, on the sheen side, there seems to be such a fixation on it these days people seem to be pouring ink onto paper with a spoon to achieve it, I may well have been mislead as to the degree.
    This is why I eagerly await migo's reviews. I'm hoping to see what the inks look like out of a pen. I really don't care what they look like when wiped around with a q-tip, or dripped / poured onto a page with a spoon. That's not representative of how the ink looks coming out of a nib.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by migo984 View Post

Check out Colorverse Season 3. The small bottle will be a complementary/contrasting ink.

Personally I think the small bottles are a brilliant idea. I often use brushes and dip pens with inks and the small bottles are perfect for that. They are also great for when away from home, and for sharing. Can also be topped up from the larger bottle too.
    And to be honest, I just love them because they are a fabulous design, well-made and very cute! So much easier on the eye than other refill bottles.

Currently testing the inks and they are indeed saturated, but the degree of saturation varies. Season 1 inks tend to be more muted and shading. And Colorverse are nowhere near as saturated and sheeny as many others on the market, and nothing like the latest Organic Studio inks. They are ridiculous, and nearly unusable.

I think new ink ranges are exciting. I like to explore new colours. Only time will tell if these new inks are successful, but they seem to be proving very popular so far.

Always like new products, looking forward to the results.

No issues with 65/15 split, the smaller bottle could be swapped with someone else or you might even want to blend in some other colors and see how that works. Sounds innovative.

Thanks

Some of these definitely look interesting but shipping to the US is prohibitively expensive. I'll have to live vicariously through other users until a US distributor is found.

Thanks

Hippo Noto is going to be carrying them. They still won't be cheap, $40 a set, but order two or more and get free shipping.

21. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sgtstretch For This Useful Post:

KKay (January 11th, 2018), Lady Onogaro (January 10th, 2018), Rossler (January 20th, 2018)

Thanks

there seems to be such a fixation on it these days people seem to be pouring ink onto paper with a spoon to achieve it, I may well have been mislead as to the degree.
    Hello Anderson Pens.

DOES ANYONE KNOW IF THIS INK WILL SHEEN IF TIP OVER THE WHOLE BOTTLE?

Thanks

This is why I eagerly await migo's reviews. I'm hoping to see what the inks look like out of a pen. I really don't care what they look like when wiped around with a q-tip, or dripped / poured onto a page with a spoon. That's not representative of how the ink looks coming out of a nib.
    Me too, I completely agree with this comment.

Thanks for sharing Migo, I can't wait to see what you think of them... I wonder if shipping to Japan is cheaper??? now I have to go check
    Sam O

"A fountain pen with a bad nib is like a Ferrari with a flat tyre..." - Brian Gray, Edison pens

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sammyo View Post
    Me too, I completely agree with this comment.

Thanks for sharing Migo, I can't wait to see what you think of them... I wonder if shipping to Japan is cheaper??? now I have to go check
    Here’s my review of Colorverse Andromeda, in this forum, including normal writing from normal pens :-)
    https://fpgeeks.com/forum/showthread...dromeda-16-ink

Vortex Motion up next - and it’s a very unusual ink..........

25. The Following User Says Thank You to migo984 For This Useful Post:

Rossler (January 18th, 2018)

Thanks

According to Colorverse on Instagram, their inks are to be sold in the U.K. by Bureau Direct soon.

27. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to migo984 For This Useful Post:

Annie (January 27th, 2018), Rossler (January 18th, 2018)