Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Where collections meet...

Thanks

Default Re: Where collections meet...

Quote Originally Posted by Lexaf View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by FredRydr View Post
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dinky_Toys

For my mental well-being, I think I'll steer clear (pun intended) of collecting Dinkys.
    A healthy thought, Fred. Look here what happens when it really gets out of hand....
    https://www.theguardian.com/lifeands...ction-pictures

Picture from Google search...

Attachment 37251
    If you can imagine those toys being fountain pens.... A pen show.
    We have met the enemy and he is us.
    -Pogo

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dinky_Toys

For my mental well-being, I think I'll steer clear (pun intended) of collecting Dinkys.
    A healthy thought, Fred. Look here what happens when it really gets out of hand....
    https://www.theguardian.com/lifeands...ction-pictures

Picture from Google search...
    If you can imagine those toys being fountain pens.... A pen show.
    Yes, sure a pen show. I have been at pen shows. With 20, 30 or 40 persons at tables selling and showing their pens.
    But imagine a collection that large, all owned by one person? Does anyone know a person who owns so many pens?
    I'm thinking of 5000 plus... Oh no, not me! But I must confess... I do have 600 plus penguins...
    That went just a little bit out of hand.... Some of them shown here below. See the Happy Family!

S0031165.JPG

And there are actually a few Penguin Fountain Pens among them!
    That is where collections meet. Just take a good look.

DSCF4129.jpg

Cheers, Lex

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Lexaf For This Useful Post:

Eowyn Istari (October 31st, 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,714 Times in 1,973 Posts

> I have been at pen shows. With 20, 30 or 40 persons at tables selling and showing their pens.

That is a smaller pen show. We have 120 tables at the Dallas Pen Show and although we're one of the major ones in the US, we're not the largest.
    - Will
    Unique and restored vintage pens: Redeem Pens

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by penwash View Post
    > I have been at pen shows. With 20, 30 or 40 persons at tables selling and showing their pens.

That is a smaller pen show. We have 120 tables at the Dallas Pen Show and although we're one of the major ones in the US, we're not the largest.
    Sigh... you know, Holland is just a very small country. The 'Penworld' here is little,not very organized and counts maybe just a few hundred serious collectors. The so called 'Tilburg Pen show' is the only of its kind in the Netherlands and takes place once a year every last Saturday of September. It is visited by just a few hundred interested buyers. Nevertheless I found and purchased many interesting pens there in the course of years. I've been in Köln, Germany (not too far from Holland), the yearly Penshow there has about 50 tables, but that is about the largest I know. Both shows are always a sort of cosy 'meet and greet' happening, because most visitors as well as sellers know each other. Sure I would love to see these large penshows in USA, but I'm afraid it will be too far away to travel from here. If you ever come to Holland, end of September, let me know, you're invited to go to the Tilburg show with me.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,426 Times in 2,518 Posts

Lexaf,

There is a little Peter Pan celluloid fountain pen in the shape of a black and white penguin with a prominent yellow beak. I sold one a few weeks ago. I'll try to find the photo(s) that someone else took as part of the transaction.
    Last edited by FredRydr; January 18th, 2018 at 06:20 AM.

Thanks

Lexaf that is an awesome collection and no I so do not need another collecting hobby .. My collection of pens and knives.. is already out of hand...

Thanks

Lexaf,

There is a little Peter Pan celluloid fountain pen in the shape of a black and white penguin with a prominent yellow beak. I sold one a few weeks ago. I'll try to find the photo(s) that someone else took as part of the transaction.
    Yes, please! Would love to see the pictures. Pity I did not know you were selling that Peter Penguin Pan Pen... I surely would have been interested. But it's good I know now that it exists. Who knows I might find another one. If anyone reads this and knows of such a Peter Pan Penguin Pen available: Please let me know!

Thanks
    Thanked 6,426 Times in 2,518 Posts

I took this one. Perhaps the beak is white. The barrel screws onto the bottom of the penguin cap when posted and when capped.

IMG_5155.jpg
    Last edited by FredRydr; January 18th, 2018 at 07:45 AM.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FredRydr For This Useful Post:

catbert (January 18th, 2018), matteob (January 25th, 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,714 Times in 1,973 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by penwash View Post

Sigh... you know, Holland is just a very small country. The 'Penworld' here is little,not very organized and counts maybe just a few hundred serious collectors. The so called 'Tilburg Pen show' is the only of its kind in the Netherlands and takes place once a year every last Saturday of September. It is visited by just a few hundred interested buyers. Nevertheless I found and purchased many interesting pens there in the course of years. I've been in Köln, Germany (not too far from Holland), the yearly Penshow there has about 50 tables, but that is about the largest I know. Both shows are always a sort of cosy 'meet and greet' happening, because most visitors as well as sellers know each other. Sure I would love to see these large penshows in USA, but I'm afraid it will be too far away to travel from here. If you ever come to Holland, end of September, let me know, you're invited to go to the Tilburg show with me.
    I would love to visit Holland one day. And your invitation is now an added reason.
    - Will
    Unique and restored vintage pens: Redeem Pens

Thanks

Wow you have so many and what wonderdul models with the pen link. I am a hoarder too so I can sympathize. I think most if my models are still im their boxes! That penguin pen would be good for Lexaf btw