Thread: Strange match for FP & Pencil set

Thanks

Default Strange match for FP & Pencil set

Sometimes you find matches and combinations in your collection you were not specifically looking for. For instance this: The fountain pen comes from the Tilbug (NL) Penshow, september last year. The pencil came -years ago - from a street flee market in Delft, nearby where I live. When I was cleaning and polishing the pen it occurred to me that I had this pencil with the same celluloid colors and pattern.
    Brought together the resemblance in celluloid was so striking that I believe they were made from the same celluloid stock. Now the funny part:
    The FP is a French made Stylomine (no model # or name). The pencil is a Canadian made Waterman. I think both made in the early 1930's. Of course they were never meant to be a set, but they match perfectly!

DSCF8520.JPG

DSCF8522.JPG

DSCF8523.JPG

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Lexaf For This Useful Post:

Ahriman4891 (January 17th, 2018), countrydirt (January 18th, 2018), Deb (January 17th, 2018), dfo (January 17th, 2018), farmdogfan (January 18th, 2018), gbryal (January 21st, 2018), Robert (January 17th, 2018)

Thanks

Default Re: Strange match for FP & Pencil set

Amazing, I have seen the same with a blue Parker Duofold from the 30īs and a pencil whose maker I cannot recall now.