Thread: Deleting PM's

Thanks

Default Deleting PM's

Is there a way to selectively delete PM's without having to delete an entire folder?

Thanks
    Thanked 10,336 Times in 3,966 Posts

Default Re: Deleting PM's

You can only delete selective new messages by using Tapatalk on a mobile phone.
    Otherwise you have to delete an entire folder. Even when you do that it doesn't delete them completely. I have deleted entire folders regularly yet still have pages of PM messages that somehow don't count but are still readable.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Chrissy For This Useful Post:

aurore (December 3rd, 2022)

Thanks

Someone deleted their PMs between us, and for a while all bar the last one disappeared from my inbox too. Even now my messages are still AWOL, although his have reappeared. It defies all logic.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,379 Times in 2,500 Posts

You can delete individual PMs in the Sent folder using FPGeeks' vBulletin. The maintenance neglect impacts the Inbox folder, but as noted above, you can still delete individual PMs in the Inbox by using Tapatalk. To confirm your success after using Tapatalk to delete messages, view your Inbox in vBulletin. Ignore the PM Threads list and instead observe the line at the bottom titled "Folder Controls" to see if the number of Inbox and Sent messages match the total of what you did not delete. This is important if you rely on receiving private messages (e.g., for selling and trading pens); if you max out at 100 messages, other geeks are blocked from sending messages to you. That is why you sometimes see posts by geeks informing other geeks that their Inbox is full. I've never tested it, but I expect if a geek had stored 100 Sent messages, he/she would be unable to receive any more messages until the total of stored messages was reduced.
    Last edited by FredRydr; January 19th, 2018 at 07:53 AM.

Thanks
    Thanked 10,336 Times in 3,966 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FredRydr View Post
    You can delete individual PMs in the Sent folder using FPGeeks' vBulletin. The maintenance neglect impacts the Inbox folder, but as noted above, you can still delete individual PMs in the Inbox by using Tapatalk. To confirm your success after using Tapatalk to delete messages, view your Inbox in vBulletin. Ignore the PM Threads list and instead observe the line at the bottom titled "Folder Controls" to see if the number of Inbox and Sent messages match the total of what you did not delete. This is important if you rely on receiving private messages (e.g., for selling and trading pens); if you max out at 100 messages, other geeks are blocked from sending messages to you. That is why you sometimes see posts by geeks informing other geeks that their Inbox is full. I've never tested it, but I expect if a geek had stored 100 Sent messages, he/she would be unable to receive any more messages until the total of stored messages was reduced.
    I don't know how to delete individual PM's in the sent folder using FPGeeks' vBulletin. How do you do that?

Thanks
    Thanked 6,379 Times in 2,500 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Chrissy View Post
    I don't know how to delete individual PM's in the sent folder using FPGeeks' vBulletin. How do you do that?
    - Click on Private Messages, which defaults to your Inbox.
    - Click on Sent Items in the box on the upper left.
    Then you'll see a list of threads or messages on the right.
    - Click on the box next to each message you wish to delete
    - Click on the button Selected Messages for a drop-down menu
    - Select Delete
    - Click on the button Proceed

No doubt vBulletin will work the same for the Inbox when FPGeeks is properly set up.
    Last edited by FredRydr; January 19th, 2018 at 05:58 PM.