Thread: Ink swatch card stock ideas?

Thanks

Default Ink swatch card stock ideas?

I would like to start putting together a swatch collection, and was thinking about what might make a cheap easy card stock for swatches.

Then a thought occurred... Inkjet printer photo paper. It's cheap and plentiful and it's designed not to feather, bleed, curl-up, or any other bad ink habits. Also, if you buy 4x6 inch photo paper, you can cut it four ways into 2x3 swatch cards without any waste...

So, I tried it. It works great, except... It's a little too flattering to the ink. I mean, the inks look really great on the photo paper. Almost too great.

Still, the color really stands out. The ink tornado swab shows lovely shading (I don't have any shimmery inks).

Has anybody else identified a suitable card stock that they like?

Mike

Thanks

Default Re: Ink swatch card stock ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by although View Post
    Also, if you buy 4x6 inch photo paper, you can cut it four ways into 2x3 swatch cards without any waste...
    Or you could cut it 6 ways into 2x2 swatch cards...50% more for free.

Thanks

I worked on the basis that I'd rather have someone else do the hard work of trying loads of different papers, which is why I now have a Col-o-Ring.

Thanks

I worked on the basis that I don't use my inks exclusively on premium, FP-friendly papers, so it's no particular use having ink swatches on them. Thus I used some A4 200gsm white card stock I picked up years ago in a clearance sale, which is kinda average in its habits. Cut 'em up into sixteen pieces, punched a hole through the corner for a binding ring, and away I go.

Thanks

Been trying to use word learning cards. Unfortunately, all that I tried so far, the paper seems to be made for pencil. It’s textured.
    The absorption made ink colour look flat and darker than the papers I used to write, and those aren’t even high quality papers.