Thread: Chicago Pen Club: North Branch

Thanks
    Thanked 2,593 Times in 1,021 Posts

Default Chicago Pen Club: North Branch

Good news, Chicago: we are starting a North Branch of the Chicago Pen Club, so those of us on the north side and north of the city can meet with fellow pen fans closer to home.

Our first meeting of the North Branch of the Chicago Pen Club will be Sunday, February 11 at 1 pm at Reprise Coffee Roaster, 950 Green Bay Road, Winnetka. Here is a link to their website. Reprise is a small, locally-owned coffee roaster, and the Winnetka store offers coffee drinks, gourmet teas and snacks, as well as beans to take home (a nice Valentine's present).

If you drive, there's free parking. If you prefer public transportation, the Hubbard Woods station of the Union Pacific North Line (Chicago to Milwaukee) is right across the street. If you bike, Reprise is one block west of the Green Bay Trail and probably two miles east of the Forest Preserve Trail. There is a Pace bus, but I think not on Sundays, unfortunately.

Bring pens, inks, pen cases, paper — whatever you like. Show, tell, trade, sell, or give away any pay-it-forward items. Or just get a coffee, hang out, and check out everyone else’s pens and inks. If we have enough people, I'll try to bring a giveaway or two.

Everyone is welcome. Please tell others who might not see this message. But because this is our first meeting, and it’s not a huge space, I would appreciate a heads-up if you’re coming. That way I can snag a chair for you or notify you if we have to change anything at the last minute. You can PM me on the forum, but it’s much better to email me (by any email you already have for me, or laura@fountainpenfollies.com), or DM me on Instagram (@fountainpenfollies) or Twitter (@FPfollies).

Even if you can’t make this meetup, but would like notice of subsequent meetings, send me your email and I’ll put you on the list.

The Chicago Pen Club also meets at 2 pm on the third Sunday of every month in Bartlett, if that's more convenient.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Laura N For This Useful Post:

Jon Szanto (February 1st, 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,426 Times in 2,518 Posts

Default Re: Chicago Pen Club: North Branch

Quote Originally Posted by Laura N View Post
    ...there's free parking. If you prefer public transportation, the Hubbard Woods station of the Union Pacific North Line (Chicago to Milwaukee) is right across the street. If you bike, Reprise is one block west of the Green Bay Trail and probably two miles east of the Forest Preserve Trail. There is a Pace bus....
    This sounds like transport paradise, especially for cycling! Take care not to lose your pens en route.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to FredRydr For This Useful Post:

Laura N (February 3rd, 2018)

Thanks

Just a quick post to say that I'm still planning to be there. Boots on my feet and pens in my hand. The snow is pretty light right now.

Thanks

I registered today and I JUST missed it. I asked on another forum a while back when I registered there, but there were only rumors at the time. I live in Skokie, this will be so convenient. This makes me quite happy.

How did it go? I will definitely be in attendance!

Thanks

It was super fun, and we'll be glad to have you join us starting next month.