Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anybody buying the Wancher Dream Pen?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,929 Times in 716 Posts

Default Re: Anybody buying the Wancher Dream Pen?

Quote Originally Posted by Sammyo View Post
    At the Japanese price you can get a Platinum Izumo Urushi... which is not a steel Jowo nib.
    It is one of Platinum's flagship pens and comes with a Platinum 18K nib and is a much more interesting pen in general.
    Apparently I wasn't paying enough attention, I thought the Wancher Urushi comes with gold nib at least.

Not that I care in particular, if I get one, I'll replace it with a nice vintage 14K anyways
    - Will
    Sketches with restored vintage fountain pens: Redeem Pens

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by penwash View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sammyo View Post
    At the Japanese price you can get a Platinum Izumo Urushi... which is not a steel Jowo nib.
    It is one of Platinum's flagship pens and comes with a Platinum 18K nib and is a much more interesting pen in general.
    Apparently I wasn't paying enough attention, I thought the Wancher Urushi comes with gold nib at least.

Not that I care in particular, if I get one, I'll replace it with a nice vintage 14K anyways
    everything other than the base model (less expensive than the urushi ones) come standard with gold nibs... for the base model, its an option that adds about $100 to the price. For what its worth, i bought the base model with a gold nib. I dont want urushi... have a ton of urushi stuff at home, but it means that instead of being a pen i can use the hell out of every day, it has to be another thing i have to be careful with and care for.

On a side note, i happen to think the feeds for this pen are interesting too.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jbroida View Post
    but it means that instead of being a pen i can use the hell out of every day, it has to be another thing i have to be careful with and care for.
    i know, i understand, and i am the same; but ironically that is contrary to the original purpose of urushi, which is lasting protection for regular use.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SIR View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jbroida View Post
    but it means that instead of being a pen i can use the hell out of every day, it has to be another thing i have to be careful with and care for.
    i know, i understand, and i am the same; but ironically that is contrary to the original purpose of urushi, which is lasting protection for regular use.
    Yeah... I have a ton of urushi products at home that get everyday use... but in a pen, the scratches just look bad to me. Iíve got bowls, plates, cups, spoons, and even Knife handles in hon-urushi, but I canít wrap my head around an urushi pen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk