Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 24

Thread: Started a new sketching blog

  1. #1
    Senior Member suzy01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    204
    Thanks
    412
    Thanked 260 Times in 91 Posts
    Rep Power
    2

    Default Started a new sketching blog

    https://sketchingonthetrain.wordpress.com

    Started it last week, what do you think?

    I sketch every day with my twsbi vac700 ef and a variety of black inks, I need to start geeking out and labeling the posts better with the type if pens used.

    Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

  2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to suzy01 For This Useful Post:

    countrydirt (February 20th, 2018), fountainpagan (February 20th, 2018), jacksterp (December 19th, 2018), Marsilius (December 18th, 2018), MattiasW (May 11th, 2018), naimitsu (February 21st, 2018)

  3. #2
    Senior Member Robert's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    534
    Thanks
    665
    Thanked 278 Times in 201 Posts
    Rep Power
    7

    Default Re: Started a new sketching blog

    Very nice work, Suzy.

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to Robert For This Useful Post:

    suzy01 (February 19th, 2018)

  5. #3
    Senior Member carlos.q's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    On a hill in Puerto Rico
    Posts
    1,027
    Thanks
    886
    Thanked 878 Times in 396 Posts
    Rep Power
    8

    Default Re: Started a new sketching blog

    Cool!

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to carlos.q For This Useful Post:

    suzy01 (February 19th, 2018)

  7. #4
    Senior Member NibsForScript's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    The beautiful coast of Maine
    Posts
    168
    Thanks
    474
    Thanked 124 Times in 62 Posts
    Rep Power
    2

    Default Re: Started a new sketching blog

    Keep at it. It is great!

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to NibsForScript For This Useful Post:

    suzy01 (February 19th, 2018)

  9. #5
    Senior Member fountainpagan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    france
    Posts
    540
    Thanks
    617
    Thanked 524 Times in 249 Posts
    Rep Power
    5

    Default Re: Started a new sketching blog

    Very good start, Suzy.
    There is progress to be made, but you have already a style of your own (and that is not an easy thing).
    Congratulations, and keep on.
    Yes, labeling the drawings would be nice.
    Last edited by fountainpagan; February 21st, 2018 at 01:08 AM.

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to fountainpagan For This Useful Post:

    suzy01 (February 20th, 2018)

  11. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Dallas, as in the 80's TV Series
    Posts
    2,242
    Thanks
    1,547
    Thanked 2,692 Times in 981 Posts
    Rep Power
    6

    Default Re: Started a new sketching blog

    Nice style. Keep it up!
    - Will
    A new place to shop for restored vintage pens: Redeem Pens

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to penwash For This Useful Post:

    suzy01 (February 20th, 2018)

  13. #7
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    18
    Thanks
    25
    Thanked 52 Times in 14 Posts
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Started a new sketching blog

    Some really nice work there I especially like some of the black ones. Thats impressive to sketch on the train. I've tried it, but found it hard, maybe our trains here are more shaky? lol

    I'll get my site up some day too.

  14. The Following User Says Thank You to MattiasW For This Useful Post:

    suzy01 (May 11th, 2018)

  15. #8
    Senior Member suzy01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    204
    Thanks
    412
    Thanked 260 Times in 91 Posts
    Rep Power
    2

    Default Re: Started a new sketching blog

    Quote Originally Posted by MattiasW View Post
    Some really nice work there I especially like some of the black ones. Thats impressive to sketch on the train. I've tried it, but found it hard, maybe our trains here are more shaky? lol

    I'll get my site up some day too.
    Thanks, our trains are pretty shaky but maybe I'm just used to it now lol


    Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

  16. #9
    Senior Member azkid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Colorado, USA
    Posts
    991
    Thanks
    1,728
    Thanked 858 Times in 393 Posts
    Rep Power
    2

    Default Re: Started a new sketching blog

    That's fantastic! Don't stop!

  17. The Following User Says Thank You to azkid For This Useful Post:

    suzy01 (May 11th, 2018)

  18. #10
    Senior Member suzy01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    204
    Thanks
    412
    Thanked 260 Times in 91 Posts
    Rep Power
    2

    Default Re: Started a new sketching blog

    I've stopped auto posting my Instagram now (after feedback) so the posts are better written with info on what pen & inks Ive used. I think it's looking a lot better now.

    Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

  19. #11
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    16
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Started a new sketching blog

    Impressive work and style. I like it.

  20. The Following User Says Thank You to wildprose For This Useful Post:

    suzy01 (December 9th, 2018)

  21. #12
    Senior Member calamus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    Redwoods Rainforest
    Posts
    620
    Thanks
    476
    Thanked 449 Times in 231 Posts
    Rep Power
    2

    Default Re: Started a new sketching blog

    I particularly liked the chiaroscuro drawings. Very strong.
    Quid rides? Mutato nomine de te fabula narratur. — Horace
    (What are you laughing at? Just change the name and the joke’s on you.)

  22. The Following User Says Thank You to calamus For This Useful Post:

    suzy01 (December 9th, 2018)

  23. #13
    Senior Member suzy01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    204
    Thanks
    412
    Thanked 260 Times in 91 Posts
    Rep Power
    2

    Default Re: Started a new sketching blog

    Thank you guys

    Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

  24. #14
    FPG Donor ♕ Chrissy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Berkshire UK
    Posts
    5,060
    Thanks
    2,297
    Thanked 4,257 Times in 1,620 Posts
    Rep Power
    12

    Default Re: Started a new sketching blog

    I've just looked through some of them and they are really good. What sketchbook did you use for your Inktober 2018 sketches? The paper looks very nice for ink drawings.
    Regards, Chrissy | My Blog: inkyfountainpens

  25. The Following User Says Thank You to Chrissy For This Useful Post:

    suzy01 (December 9th, 2018)

  26. #15
    Senior Member suzy01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    204
    Thanks
    412
    Thanked 260 Times in 91 Posts
    Rep Power
    2

    Default Re: Started a new sketching blog

    Quote Originally Posted by Chrissy View Post
    I've just looked through some of them and they are really good. What sketchbook did you use for your Inktober 2018 sketches? The paper looks very nice for ink drawings.
    Thank you. For inktober I used Seawhite of Brighton A5 ringbound Sketchbook it 150gsm and really nice to draw on with ink. I much prefer the square casebound ones they do though, it's the same paper but without the annoying ringbinding most of the white papered movember portraits are on that paper too.



    Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

  27. The Following User Says Thank You to suzy01 For This Useful Post:

    Chrissy (December 9th, 2018)

  28. #16
    FPG Donor ♕ Chrissy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Berkshire UK
    Posts
    5,060
    Thanks
    2,297
    Thanked 4,257 Times in 1,620 Posts
    Rep Power
    12

    Default Re: Started a new sketching blog

    Quote Originally Posted by suzy01 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrissy View Post
    I've just looked through some of them and they are really good. What sketchbook did you use for your Inktober 2018 sketches? The paper looks very nice for ink drawings.
    Thank you. For inktober I used Seawhite of Brighton A5 ringbound Sketchbook it 150gsm and really nice to draw on with ink. I much prefer the square casebound ones they do though, it's the same paper but without the annoying ringbinding most of the white papered movember portraits are on that paper too.

    Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk
    Thanks. I looked on Amazon and found an A5 black hard bound version but it's 140gsm not 150gsm. It might work.
    Regards, Chrissy | My Blog: inkyfountainpens

  29. The Following User Says Thank You to Chrissy For This Useful Post:

    suzy01 (December 9th, 2018)

  30. #17
    Senior Member suzy01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    204
    Thanks
    412
    Thanked 260 Times in 91 Posts
    Rep Power
    2

    Default Re: Started a new sketching blog

    Quote Originally Posted by Chrissy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by suzy01 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrissy View Post
    I've just looked through some of them and they are really good. What sketchbook did you use for your Inktober 2018 sketches? The paper looks very nice for ink drawings.
    Thank you. For inktober I used Seawhite of Brighton A5 ringbound Sketchbook it 150gsm and really nice to draw on with ink. I much prefer the square casebound ones they do though, it's the same paper but without the annoying ringbinding most of the white papered movember portraits are on that paper too.

    Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk
    Thanks. I looked on Amazon and found an A5 black hard bound version but it's 140gsm not 150gsm. It might work.
    Oh you're right, the casebound version is 140,its lovely to draw on though. I thought it was the same paper inside.

    Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

  31. The Following User Says Thank You to suzy01 For This Useful Post:

    Chrissy (December 9th, 2018)

  32. #18
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    1
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Started a new sketching blog

    I actually prefer the 140gsm after drawing on 150 for ages. I was surprised how big of a difference I felt as well.

  33. #19
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    666
    Thanks
    2,612
    Thanked 489 Times in 245 Posts
    Rep Power
    8

    Default Re: Started a new sketching blog

    Good stuff. I used to sketch on the train and cultivated a wavy squiggly line effect for those drawings. You manage just great without.
    Fortibus es in ero

  34. #20
    Junior Member IrenaRoese's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    Miami, FL
    Posts
    9
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 6 Times in 3 Posts
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Started a new sketching blog

    Good initiative. I just checked this blog but found nothing. Maybe you will add interesting stuff soon.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •