Thread: How to identify if the pen?

Thanks

Default How to identify if the pen?

Dear fountain pen lovers. I have inherited some nice fountain pens kept in good condition and I would like some help from you with the identification. I have done some research myself but there are still some pieces I am not able to identify, so any help is welcome.
    I have some stand alone pieces and some in pairs with ballpoint pens. I managed to identify Geha 722 (that was easy as it has it written on it), then I identified the Pelikan 140 green stripes (has missing part on the cap but otherwise seem ok), then I know the brown one is Waterman but I am not able to find the type. It has kind of hexagonal shape coming to round at the end of the handle. The fourth one, the green one I think is Russian pen, maybe Soyuz or what it is called but again type unknown. The last pen has letter P on the cap, I found that this is most probably MHATRE WRITER, an old indian pen? The last bit on the picture is Caran Dache pencil.
    On the second picutre I have the pairs, first pair is ballpoint montblanc, but the fountain pen does not have this flower on it, it has logo which looks like M in a square and on the right of this square are little dashes like when little kids draw sun. I did not find what this brand it. The gold looking one only has number 301 on the see through plastic part. And the last pair has a sign which looks like sign of Euro.
    If you can help me identify these pens I would be grateful. Thank you for your kind help.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks

Default Re: How to identify if the pen?

2nd picture, 2nd from top looks like a 'Pekilan' copy of some sort... at the bottom of the second picture seems to be a Caran D'Ache 844/849 in damascus steel/tarnished silver?!

Thanks
    Thanked 3,712 Times in 1,610 Posts

Look up the Waterman Concord.

Thanks

1 st photo, 2 from top:
    Soviet pen AP-17 (AP=avtoruchka).
    Made by "MЗПП им.Сакко и Ванцетти" = Московский завод пишущих принадлежностей имени Сакко и Ванцетти = Moscow Sacco and Vanzetti Writing Accessories Factory.
    It has a golden nib (14k weight 0.25 grams)
    Last edited by Andre; February 28th, 2018 at 03:08 AM.

Thanks

1 st photo, 5 from top:
    Soviet pen AP-96 (AP=avtoruchka).
    Made by "Государственный завод "Союз", Ленинград" = State plant "Soyuz",Leningrad.
    It has a golden nib (14k)

Thanks

...logo which looks like M in a square... - logo "MЗПП им.Сакко и Ванцетти" (Moscow Sacco and Vanzetti Writing Accessories Factory).