Thread: Paper at work.

Thanks

Default Paper at work.

I'm know I'm probably not using my pens /inks to their full potential but I uses the paper that my company has in their supply closet. I mainly uses Stenographer notebooks. I figured why use nice paper when I would have to buy it and as we all know it's not cheap. So if it's going to be free why not use it.

I'm curious to know if anyone else uses the paper your job provides or bring nice paper in to use.

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk

Thanks

Default Re: Paper at work.

I do both. For scratch work, I use the office paper. For more permanent notes, I tend to use Rhodia pads and notebooks.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Thanked 1,818 Times in 797 Posts

Since I never know what kind of paper I'll encounter I usually carry two pens:
    One with an F nib and an ink that will work well on cheap paper.
    One with a M or B nib with the ink I would like to use if I find good paper.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,788 Times in 1,642 Posts

When I worked in labs, it wasn't an ideal environment for fountain pens. The paper we had was too crummy for them anyway, regardless of nib. So no.

I journal and write letters on the Tomoe River paper I buy for myself.
    "Nolo esse salus sine vobis ...” —St. Augustine

Thanks
    Thanked 1,578 Times in 943 Posts

My work (I am a teacher at a university) doesn't provide paper except for the copier (and even then, we have to pay for any copies we make over a certain amount).

I bring my own paper (Rhodia).
    Lady Onogaro

"Be yourself--everybody else is already taken." --Oscar Wilde

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Spideysgirl View Post
    I'm know I'm probably not using my pens /inks to their full potential but I uses the paper that my company has in their supply closet. I mainly uses Stenographer notebooks. I figured why use nice paper when I would have to buy it and as we all know it's not cheap. So if it's going to be free why not use it.

I'm curious to know if anyone else uses the paper your job provides or bring nice paper in to use.

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk
    I use a Stalogy notebook the larger A4 size now and have used Tomoe Rivder notebooks and Claire Fontaine or Rhodia notebooks and notepads at work. Sadly none of this is paid for by work. We have standing offers to buy the least expensive paper that is horrible even with a ballpoint or rollerball. There are some folks who use the little enviro recycled pads which is the back pages of other documents that allow for transient note taking. The drift really is towards electronic documents and its easier to save typed notes than it is to save scanned handwritten ones.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Mags or Rob Maguire MB 149, 147, 146,144, Mozart, Boehme, Sailor Realo, Aurora Optima, Churchmen Prescriptor and Parson's Essential, Parker 51 1.3 mm stub, Parker Vacumatic 1939 OB Can, TWSBI's (540,580, Mini and Vac 700), Pelikan M 1000/800 Demonstrator 600/200 demoM/200 OBB, Visconti Rembrandts (2), Lamy, Cross, Watermans, Pilots, Sheaffer's, Omas 360 LE 84/360, GvFC, Esterbrooks J and SJ, Bexley Jitterbug, Taccia, Eversharp 1952 flex, Edison Herald, Franklin Christoph Piper.

Thanks

I buy and use my own notebooks. I enjoy my fountain pens. They work better on nice paper than the office garbage. Considering the money spent on the pens themselves, I don't flinch at spending $6-12 on a notepad in order to better enjoy them in the office.

I've tried a lot of different pads, but my favorite right now is Black n' Red. Their soft cover (plastic) wire bound notebooks are $8. The paper is thick and coated. No feathering, no show through, cheap. They are also perforated pages should I need to jot something down and pass it off to someone else. It's a great replacement for the top-bound Rhodia pads. I do spend a little more to get Rhodia's meeting books. Each page is setup for one meeting, so you have front and back to take notes. The right margin is setup for action items or to keep notes or status as you work on things. I've been using them for my once-per-week customer meeting. 80 pages, 80 meetings, 80 weeks...nearly two years per notebook.
    Last edited by Scooby921; February 28th, 2018 at 07:39 AM.

Thanks

I mainly bring my own...but I’m able to expense it. I’m very VERY lucky. My bulletin journal that keeps track of my life is a Leuchtturm1917. For meeting notes/research: I’m experimenting between an A5 Rhodia and a 8X10 softcover Rhodia. I used to use XL moleskine before I got into fountain pens, but I went through that so fast because I like using broader, juicier nibs.

The “experimental” notebooks/paper I buy on my own dime that don’t hold up, i use for scratch paper (scribbles, mind mapping/brainstorming). I refuse (am trying) not to be a paper hoarder.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk