Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How do YOU pick your daily pen?

Thanks

Default Re: How do YOU pick your daily pen?

My fountain pens stay at home. A cheap ballpoint that I don't mind losing would be put in my pocket when leaving the house. If leaving the house in more formal attire, it would be a refillable ballpoint. When around other people I like to have a pen that I don't mind letting them use, as chances are they won't have one of their own.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,176 Times in 698 Posts

I always have 2-3 fountain pens with me where ever I go. I do not let anyone use my fountain pens (there are a very few exceptions). I also keep a small, uncomfortable ballpoint pen with me as well, just in case I have to loan a pen.

Truthfully, I travel alot around the U.S. and also internationally. I generally carry 5-6 pens with me on a trip. On my trips, there is generally always one person who is really interested in my fountain pens. Depending upon the situation, I usually leave one of my pens with them, along with cartridges to get them started. When I was in Asia earlier this year, I left one of my Lamy Safaris with a great interpreter. She loved fountain pens but hadn't used one in years. She was thrilled to receive my gift. Late last year when I was in Africa I left a lovely Faber Castell Loom with another wonderful teacher. She fell in love with the pen and carries it with her everywhere.

You might say that I spread the word about fountain pens everywhere I go.

3. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to DrPenfection For This Useful Post:

Ahriman4891 (April 13th, 2018), carlos.q (April 12th, 2018), penwash (April 13th, 2018), ukefan (November 17th, 2018)

Thanks

Depends on whether my laziness is greater than my desire for novelty.

If laziness > desire - the same ones that are on my desk for yesterday (even if it needs filling). I never have fewer than two pens on the go at one time (different colours of ink).

If laziness = desire, I will take a pen from my box of regular users and fill it up.

If desire > laziness - I take a look at the rest of my collection and see what tickles my fancy.

I work at home, so my pens aren't going anywhere. Parker 45s and cheap Indian pens (I mean Flair and Romus, not Ranga ebonites or Deccan masterpieces) are for wandering about with.