Thread: You Get What You Pay For

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks

Default Re: You Get What You Pay For

In some cases you do get what you pay for. I really don't count most pens in that bunch, since most are very over priced for what you get. There is a certain kind of dog collar that I use for my dogs that seems to be a high price, to me. Before I found this type, I'd buy a new dog collar once a year. That ended up costing me much more in the long run. I could buy the quality collar for the price of two of the cheaper ones. Cat litter, same thing. I buy a brand that has a higher price tag, but lasts much longer than the other name brand litter.
    As far as fountain pens, once you get over a certain price, I don't think the quality is worth the price jump. Some pens are just plain junk from the start. Some pens are good workhorse pens that just keep on ticking and taking a licking. I'd say once you spend 150 or 200 dollars, your quality really isn't going to increase too much. I say that but of course there are much higher pens than that price range, that have caught my eye. Just do what makes you happy. If it is a 50 dollar pen, go for it. If a 300 dollar pen is something you must have, go for it. I've seen pens 400 or 500 bucks, that I'd love to have. Not everyone has the same income bracket, nor the desire to have the status symbol of certain pens. I think I've gone for the quantity, and I don't need more. But I bet my pen family grows a little larger regardless of that fact.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to KKay For This Useful Post:

gbryal (March 11th, 2018)