Page 101 of 290 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103111151201 ... LastLast
Results 2,001 to 2,020 of 5792

Thread: What is your latest pen acquisition?

Thanks

Default Re: What is your latest pen acquisition?

A small Marvelette pen from Holland. After installed the pressure bar and a new sac. It writes very well.
    [IMG][/IMG]

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to john For This Useful Post:

amk (February 23rd, 2015), Cob (February 21st, 2015), da vinci (February 22nd, 2015), earthdawn (February 21st, 2015)

Thanks

A pen named Handyman, no idea where it's made. I have to wait for the new pressure bar to make it comes alive. Now just fill it like a bulb filler.
    [IMG][/IMG]
    The blind caps are oxidized by age. And there is a crack on the barrel near the blind cap.
    [IMG][/IMG]
    Polished the ebonite blind caps with micro mesh to bring them back in black. Used the self-made celluloid glue to fix the crack, after polish it to high gloss, not easy to find the trace of the crack.
    Last edited by john; February 21st, 2015 at 09:42 PM.

4. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to john For This Useful Post:

amk (February 23rd, 2015), Bogon07 (February 24th, 2015), Cob (February 21st, 2015), Crazyorange (February 22nd, 2015), da vinci (February 22nd, 2015), earthdawn (February 21st, 2015), farmdogfan (February 22nd, 2015), jadehawk (February 22nd, 2015), Sailor Kenshin (February 22nd, 2015)

Thanks

Arrived Yesterday, Finally got a chance to look at it and ink it..

My very first Pelican Pen.. A "Pelican M100" in white with an EF Nib.. aka " Stormtrooper"
    Very smooth and I feel a slight give to the nib it does not feel like a nail, I am very surprised and happy with how the nib feels
    Attached Images Attached Images

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to jadehawk For This Useful Post:

amk (February 23rd, 2015), Bogon07 (February 23rd, 2015), da vinci (February 22nd, 2015), fountainpenkid (February 22nd, 2015), Lady Onogaro (February 28th, 2015), TarBlue (February 25th, 2015)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bluefeathers View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon Szanto View Post
    Just got back from the LA Pen Show. I went with "ones": I bought one ink, one book, and one pen. Here's the pen*, #25 of 88 total...

It comes with one of these beautiful things in the business end...

* ... and the asterisk is because I left it with them for a nib that wasn't on-site, and I had to leave a day early, meaning that these are pics I found, not pics of my actual pen. I should have it by mid-week. This will be a sweet pen.
    I am really tempted by these, especially since orange is my favorite color. But I worry it is too big. How does it compare with a Montblanc 146 or Pelikan 400/600 size-wise?

I know its been a few days but I was planning on posting this and never got around to it. Here's some comparison pictures of one of my 146 pens and my new realo I picked up.

IMG_0627.jpgIMG_0629.jpg

Seems they turned out a bit dark but you can see what the sizes are. They are in my current rotation so that is the ink all over the nibs.
    My Pinterest Feel free to add me on Facebook as well.

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Quantum Sailor For This Useful Post:

bluefeathers (February 24th, 2015), earthdawn (February 24th, 2015), Lady Onogaro (February 28th, 2015), TarBlue (February 25th, 2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,641 Times in 665 Posts

These vacs arrived as I grabbed mail on the way out to class, so I haven't had a chance to really look at em til I got home tonight. Not sure what the grey one is exactly other than that it's an "early 1st generation", the gold-pearled one is a vac slender which has the same material for both jewels showing the brown/black stripped look on the ends.

10. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to KBeezie For This Useful Post:

Bogon07 (February 23rd, 2015), Cob (February 25th, 2015), Crazyorange (February 24th, 2015), dannzeman (February 28th, 2015), earthdawn (February 24th, 2015), farmdogfan (February 24th, 2015), fountainpenkid (February 24th, 2015), velo (February 23rd, 2015)

Thanks

Still love the look of the Vacumatics. Unfortunately the one I bought was just too slender for my hands so I had to sell it

Thanks
    Thanked 1,819 Times in 786 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by velo View Post
    Unfortunately the one I bought was just too slender for my hands so I had to sell it
    I can't quite fathom why the Majors have such diminutive grip sections. The Standards from the 30's are more useful to me. I keep thinking about a Maxima, one of the larger sort, but these are not cheap. So far I've balked.

My latest pen acquisition was a Pilot Vanishing Point "stealth", a recent model, I think, with a "black" (ruthenium, I would guess) plated Fine nib. No pics handy, sorry. I have been avoiding VPs because the clip sits directly under my index finger with my (very light) 4-fingered grip, but I decided to give it a try. I might be able to get used to it. Maybe. The capless feature is very nicely engineered. This wouldn't have been my first choice in finish, nor perhaps in nib width, but I got it for $99 shipped (new) with Amazon prime. No clue why it was marked down by this one dealer, and it was the only one they had in stock at that price. Nothing wrong with it, to be sure. I didn't even need adjust or smooth the nib.
    --
    Mike

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mhosea For This Useful Post:

fountainpenkid (February 24th, 2015), Lady Onogaro (February 28th, 2015), velo (February 24th, 2015)

Thanks

I traded for a gold tone Pilot Metropolitan with a missing nib (previous owner bent it beyond repair), and added a Recife Crystal two-tone nib to it.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,272 Times in 1,300 Posts

A Kaweco Sport 712 that looks like it has never been inked. Can't find any info on this specific model, and the piston shaft has disintegrated.

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to dneal For This Useful Post:

amk (February 27th, 2015), ARClemmons (February 24th, 2015), Bogon07 (February 24th, 2015), Cob (February 25th, 2015), Lady Onogaro (February 28th, 2015)

FPG Donor ♕
    Thanks

Just arrived. Little 5 inch(capped) Inoxcrom. Made in Spain I believe. I don't know much about it but bought it from a friend. I am testing it with Fuyu Gaki and resisting the urge to name it Nemo.....

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to RayCornett For This Useful Post:

ARClemmons (February 24th, 2015), Bogon07 (February 24th, 2015), Cob (February 25th, 2015), Lady Onogaro (February 28th, 2015)

Thanks

Thanks so much, Quantum Sailor! The pics really help. Interesting that it looks smaller from a distance b/c of the taper, but the grip and front look slightly wider than the 146.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Silverbreeze View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TarBlue View Post
    My fiancé is getting me a Montblanc Meisterstuck Classique XF if I get the promotion I'm expected to get as a gift.
    Good luck TarBlue
    I was offered the promotion officially today! Looks like I have a pen on the way.
    "When things fall apart, consider the possibility that life knocked it down on purpose. Not to bully you, or to punish you, but to prompt you to build something that better suits your personality and your purpose. Sometimes things fall apart so better things can fall together." - Sandra King

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TarBlue For This Useful Post:

caribbean_skye (February 24th, 2015), jadehawk (February 25th, 2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,222 Times in 598 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by KBeezie View Post
    These vacs arrived as I grabbed mail on the way out to class, so I haven't had a chance to really look at em til I got home tonight. Not sure what the grey one is exactly other than that it's an "early 1st generation", the gold-pearled one is a vac slender which has the same material for both jewels showing the brown/black stripped look on the ends.

(your p.m inbox was full)
    Let me know how your nib adjustments go! I think they both were quite mundane and 'so-so' when I had them, and I look forward to seeing them become the best they can be. You could even smooth the flipside to make them live up to the factory "two nibs in one" advertising!
    Will
    If my p.m box is full, feel free to email me at dabantur@gmail.com.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bluefeathers View Post
    Thanks so much, Quantum Sailor! The pics really help. Interesting that it looks smaller from a distance b/c of the taper, but the grip and front look slightly wider than the 146.
    You're welcome. I enjoy both pens a great deal. I think both are definitely worth it. The writing is different for each and I enjoy them in different ways.
    My Pinterest Feel free to add me on Facebook as well.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,641 Times in 665 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by fountainpenkid View Post
    (your p.m inbox was full)
    Let me know how your nib adjustments go! I think they both were quite mundane and 'so-so' when I had them, and I look forward to seeing them become the best they can be. You could even smooth the flipside to make them live up to the factory "two nibs in one" advertising!
    At the bottom (for the grey one after a little smoothing and flossing) http://imgur.com/a/8Uo95, much smoother and easy to use light handed than when I was using it in class earlier in the day. Needs a little time to start up when it's been sitting upright (ie: writes immediately but dryly until its out after first few strokes, but hold it pointing down for about 5 seconds the ink drops into the empty tines and ready to go). Haven't messed with the slender but I doubt the crimp marks near the tipping will affect writing.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to KBeezie For This Useful Post:

fountainpenkid (February 25th, 2015)

FPG Donor ♕
    Thanks

I won a PIF on here earlier this month and it arrived moments ago. A beautiful Parker Sonnet with gold nib, a Franklin Covey Freemont, and a Leuchtturm 1917 planner. I have yet to ink the pens but will sometime today but they feel really nice in the hand.

27. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to RayCornett For This Useful Post:

Crazyorange (February 25th, 2015), cwent2 (February 25th, 2015), TarBlue (February 25th, 2015)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by RayCornett View Post
    I won a PIF on here earlier this month and it arrived moments ago. A beautiful Parker Sonnet with gold nib, a Franklin Covey Freemont, and a Leuchtturm 1917 planner. I have yet to ink the pens but will sometime today but they feel really nice in the hand.
    Enjoy them Ray. That's a beautiful camera shot!
    "When things fall apart, consider the possibility that life knocked it down on purpose. Not to bully you, or to punish you, but to prompt you to build something that better suits your personality and your purpose. Sometimes things fall apart so better things can fall together." - Sandra King

Thanks
    Thanked 1,708 Times in 641 Posts

Finally settling down after a move and a dreadful cold, I managed to overhaul a pair of recent arrivals this evening. The big one is not black but dark burgundy - don't blame me, blame DIGITAL (yuk) Seven Million pixels and every one of them crap!

Cob
    SF1_Burgundy Leverless.jpg
    Last edited by Cob; February 27th, 2015 at 04:21 PM.

30. The Following User Says Thank You to Cob For This Useful Post:

fountainpenkid (February 27th, 2015)

Thanks

One Omas
    One Visconti
    I had an Expensive month

But no Regrets
    Tom
    @silverbreeze
    ---
    Forgive any ignorance on my part.
    Any stupidity is my brain not being malleable enough to understand
    ===
    Open to anyone writing me. Will do my best to reply quickly
    ====
    Tomasz S Suchecki
    77 Meadowpark Ave North
    Stamford CT 06905-2221
    United States of America

32. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Silverbreeze For This Useful Post:

earthdawn (February 27th, 2015), jadehawk (February 27th, 2015), Lady Onogaro (February 28th, 2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,016 Times in 837 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Silverbreeze View Post
    One Omas
    One Visconti
    I had an Expensive month

But no Regrets
    Nice!!!! Where's my letter? In the mail yet?

34. The Following User Says Thank You to Crazyorange For This Useful Post:

Lady Onogaro (February 28th, 2015)