Page 147 of 290 FirstFirst ... 4797137145146147148149157197247 ... LastLast
Results 2,921 to 2,940 of 5792

Thread: What is your latest pen acquisition?

Thanks
    Thanked 11,078 Times in 4,024 Posts

Default Re: What is your latest pen acquisition?

Quote Originally Posted by mhosea View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by da vinci View Post
    Mike could you explain how the scales of justice come to be on this excellent pen?
    My think corporate and institutional customers could special order Targas directly from Sheaffer with company logos or whatever. Another thing they did was put stuff on the clip. See, for example:

http://www.sheaffertarga.com/Ballpen...pen%20set.html
    I thought I posted this here a couple months ago, but can't seem to find it: I picked up this salesman's example portfolio (for less than a Targa itself) and it shows many of the common ways Sheaffer could offer to logo the pen for a company. These might be big outfits, but I'm certain items like the Scales, and maybe the Caduceus for doctors, must have been common items for the pen company.

"When Men differ in Opinion, both Sides ought equally to have the Advantage of being heard by the Publick;
    and that when Truth and Error have fair Play, the former is always an overmatch for the latter."

~ Benjamin Franklin

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Jon Szanto For This Useful Post:

Crazyorange (December 26th, 2015), da vinci (December 26th, 2015), earthdawn (December 25th, 2015), mhosea (December 25th, 2015), Sailor Kenshin (December 25th, 2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,290 Times in 837 Posts

TWSBI VAC mini review in 4K. Get an up close & crispy clear view of the newest pen out there. Thank you Anderson Pens for getting my order here before Christmas. These guys are amazing....

https://youtu.be/eNxrQfnYsyE
    Attached Images Attached Images

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to earthdawn For This Useful Post:

Crazyorange (December 26th, 2015), da vinci (December 26th, 2015), Jon Szanto (December 25th, 2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,870 Times in 811 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by inklord View Post
    I love the F-C (as expected) but am slightly shocked at how much I enjoy the Imporium - it's one amazing piece of design and writing quality!
    Pictures pleeeeeeeeeease!!!!

Thanks
    Thanked 2,049 Times in 790 Posts

I got totally surprised on Christmas morning... My husband in general shops only at Amazon, if Amazon doesn't sell it, he doesn't buy it. Well I'd told him there was this one pen I'd always wanted from Nibs.com (he'd have to CALL them, he never uses the phone, barbaric!) but he sorta choked on the price. So I shrugged and moved on. Well apparently that was all an act so he could surprise me with:

(Apparently John knows my weird grind preferences so well that despite the fact that the person Tim talked to on the phone said it'd take a week to get it done and shipped it shipped that day. I suspect John saw then notes, went "oh its the crazy Oblique lady" and ground the thing on the spot from memory.) :P
    ---
    Current pen rotation: way too many!

7. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to tandaina For This Useful Post:

amk (December 27th, 2015), carlos.q (December 26th, 2015), Crazyorange (December 26th, 2015), da vinci (December 27th, 2015), jar (December 26th, 2015), Lady Onogaro (December 27th, 2015), mhosea (December 26th, 2015), Sailor Kenshin (December 26th, 2015), Sandy Fry (December 27th, 2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,712 Times in 1,610 Posts

Sometimes a cigar is more than just a smoke.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,807 Times in 1,648 Posts

The Ken Cavers Christmas Pen: I went off foraging for acrylic blanks to send to Dr. C and, after he OK'd them, requested one of his wonderful Bamboo style pens. The most amazing thing to me is how he used extra acrylic to make the pen so that the grain of the material meets seamlessly when the cap is on the barrel. It's sporting a 1.1 stub and is inked in Sailor Kingdon Note "T. japonensis" for it's maiden voyage.

"Nolo esse salus sine vobis ...” —St. Augustine

10. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to VertOlive For This Useful Post:

bluefeathers (December 26th, 2015), caribbean_skye (February 19th, 2016), Crazyorange (December 26th, 2015), da vinci (December 26th, 2015), jar (December 26th, 2015), Lady Onogaro (December 27th, 2015), penwash (December 26th, 2015), Sailor Kenshin (December 26th, 2015), Sandy Fry (December 27th, 2015), tandaina (December 26th, 2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,529 Times in 1,299 Posts

As I don't receive Xmas presents I wasn't expecting anything this year as usual. Before the holiday period though I was fortunate enough to sell my last Parker 51 and my only ever Waterman (a 94 Steel Quartz thing). The money from that sale enabled me to purchase the big orange Ranga on the left (fitted with a 1.5mm Jowo stub), and the Pilot Custom Heritage 912 FA in the middle. At least neither of these cost me anything extra, merely a transformation from one pen to another!

Then, as I was considering the possibility of getting a demonstrator for red editing ink - and vacillating between Pilot CH92, a Pelikan of some sort and so on - I heard that the TWSBI 580AL in bluewas discontinued. Not having ever seen a TWSBI in the flesh, and concerned over missing out on yet another discontinued line, I panicked and bought the pen on the right. Good decision? Time will tell.

I've got all my vintage gold dip pens up for sale on eBay, and the 4 Mabie Todds are likely to follow. That will leave me with the 3 here, an Aurora and a Parson's Essential as daily rotators.

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Empty_of_Clouds For This Useful Post:

bluefeathers (December 26th, 2015), Crazyorange (December 27th, 2015), da vinci (December 26th, 2015), Laurie (December 26th, 2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,016 Times in 837 Posts

After a very long haul, waterman inkvue with keyhole nib got repaired and arrived before Xmas.

14. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Crazyorange For This Useful Post:

Bogon07 (December 28th, 2015), caribbean_skye (February 19th, 2016), da vinci (December 27th, 2015), fountainpenkid (December 29th, 2015), Lady Onogaro (December 27th, 2015), penwash (December 27th, 2015), Sailor Kenshin (December 29th, 2015), Scrawler (December 27th, 2015), VertOlive (December 27th, 2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,731 Times in 1,976 Posts

^------- Love the placement of the ink lever, and of course the keyhole.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to penwash For This Useful Post:

Crazyorange (December 27th, 2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,254 Times in 562 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Crazyorange View Post

After a very long haul, waterman inkvue with keyhole nib got repaired and arrived before Xmas.
    Oh! Ypu are a lucky person. This was Waterman's attempt to address the Parker Vac. These are so difficult to restore. They are not only beautiful, but rare too. The #5 keyhole nib bounces open and closed just nicely to emphasize the weight of the hand. Unfortunately my own suffered a little metal fatigue on one of the lever tabs during reconstruction.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by penwash View Post
    ^------- Love the placement of the ink lever, and of course the keyhole.
    That lever is actually a pump actuator. It is a bulb filler in disguise with a complicated lever system that is pumped 10 times to fill. The designers of this pen sweated and worked to figure out how to make this work, then build it.

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Scrawler For This Useful Post:

Crazyorange (December 27th, 2015), penwash (December 27th, 2015)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Scrawler View Post

Oh! Ypu are a lucky person. This was Waterman's attempt to address the Parker Vac. These are so difficult to restore. They are not only beautiful, but rare too. The #5 keyhole nib bounces open and closed just nicely to emphasize the weight of the hand. Unfortunately my own suffered a little metal fatigue on one of the lever tabs during reconstruction.
    The pen had major restoration. Bought off eBay....it had a crack in the threads on the barrel. I sent it to Ron zorn for repair. After repairing the crack, Ron couldn't get the leaver to work....frozen shut. But after weeks of soaking, it worked. Due to his move and the slow process to weld the cracks, combined with frozen lever, it was with Ron for a year and nine months. Well worth the long wait.

Thanks

The pen had major restoration. Bought off eBay....it had a crack in the threads on the barrel. I sent it to Ron zorn for repair. After repairing the crack, Ron couldn't get the leaver to work....frozen shut. But after weeks of soaking, it worked. Due to his move and the slow process to weld the cracks, combined with frozen lever, it was with Ron for a year and nine months. Well worth the long wait.
    It took 14 months for mine. He had to make all the special tools to do the job first.

Thanks

It took 14 months for mine. He had to make all the special tools to do the job first.
    Wow. Ron is amazing.

Thanks

I think it's a pretty neat pen, just delivered today. Rotring Core Coridium

If you must break the law, do it to seize power: in all other cases observe it.
    www.postable.com/chrisoravetz

24. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Inxoy For This Useful Post:

Bogon07 (December 28th, 2015), Crazyorange (December 29th, 2015), Lady Onogaro (December 29th, 2015), Sailor Kenshin (December 29th, 2015)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Inxoy View Post

Please share your thoughts on the pen!

Thanks

Hero 901, arrived a couple of weeks ago. Cheap, Chinese, flashy, a little bit scratchy, but boy I love the design of this pen. There are two more pens wiating for me at the post office (Lamy Al-Star black and a Duke 209) and another one on its way (Picasso 916 white)!

27. The Following User Says Thank You to Claudiu For This Useful Post:

Lady Onogaro (December 29th, 2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,502 Times in 1,754 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SeminarianMike View Post

I know you didn't ask me, but I have one, love it, and regret that I didn't get another when they were still readily available.

With that in mind, I just ordered a couple of Metropolitan Retro Pops: a turquoise and an orange. Might even go for green before they vanish.
    My other pen is a Montblanc.

And my other blog is a tumblr!

And my latest ebook, for spooky wintery reading:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0CM2NGSSD

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sailor Kenshin View Post
    I think it's a pretty neat pen, just delivered today.

I know you didn't ask me, but I have one, love it, and regret that I didn't get another when they were still readily available.

With that in mind, I just ordered a couple of Metropolitan Retro Pops: a turquoise and an orange. Might even go for green before they vanish.
    I watched a youtube video a few weeks ago and I knew I needed one. I received it in the mail yesterday on my way out the door to visit family. I couldn't resist so I ran back inside long enough to open it, ink it, and jump back in the car.

It isn't too buttery and it isn't too scratchy; Goldilocks would love the nib. I never write with caps posted but if you were someone who did, you wouldn't like the weight balance of the pen when posted.

If you must break the law, do it to seize power: in all other cases observe it.
    www.postable.com/chrisoravetz

30. The Following User Says Thank You to Inxoy For This Useful Post:

Sailor Kenshin (December 29th, 2015)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sailor Kenshin View Post
    I think it's a pretty neat pen, just delivered today.

I watched a youtube video a few weeks ago and I knew I needed one. I received it in the mail yesterday on my way out the door to visit family. I couldn't resist so I ran back inside long enough to open it, ink it, and jump back in the car.

It isn't too buttery and it isn't too scratchy; Goldilocks would love the nib. I never write with caps posted but if you were someone who did, you wouldn't like the weight balance of the pen when posted.

I remember when they first came out back 11 years ago. Eleven year old me really wanted one however spending £20 on a pen seemed too much to my parents (oh how things have changed), I was thinking of buying one a year ago however I found the rotring Primus a learner pen based on the Core were available for I think £3 so I gave one ago. However I couldn't get along with the grip section so I never followed it up with a Core.