Page 152 of 290 FirstFirst ... 52102142150151152153154162202252 ... LastLast
Results 3,021 to 3,040 of 5792

Thread: What is your latest pen acquisition?

Thanks

Default Re: What is your latest pen acquisition?

Quote Originally Posted by Bogon07 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Morgaine View Post
    neon coral Lamy safari.
    Did you buy the matching ink for it too ?
    Sadly no, they didn't have any. However, I do have "ordinary" lamy coral pink ink cartridges, and I've also still got gallons (OK, maybe a pint?) of Diamine inks!

Thanks
    Thanked 2,290 Times in 837 Posts

Well I got this a couple of days ago and have not posted pics yet.

Hakase Jade celluloid with water buffalo inserts. It has a super extra fine #10 pilot nib that it is smooth as silk. While it is a tad to small to write with unposted, posting it does not upset the balance at all as it was made to be posted. It is just one of those pens in life you cherish and hold forever.
    Attached Images Attached Images

3. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to earthdawn For This Useful Post:

amk (February 11th, 2016), bluesea (February 7th, 2016), Haefennasiel (February 19th, 2016), Lady Onogaro (February 12th, 2016), penwash (February 8th, 2016), rgperedo (February 10th, 2016), rpsyed (February 7th, 2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,528 Times in 1,299 Posts

On their way in the post:

A Parker 45 all in red, boxed and including the original carts - may even be new in box?
    A Parker 45 green with gold arrow cap, gold nib.

(not sure why I bought these, as I gave away the other 3 I had - impulse I expect)

A Matador Express 813 with an italic nib
    A Parker Duofold in burgundy
    A Conway Stewart 388 (in my current country of residence - makes a huge difference in shipping)

And from the repair bench of Mr Fudge, my Wahl Equipoise ring top thingy.

This is all just exploratory stuff. My head is in a better place to buy and sell without feeling guilty now.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Empty_of_Clouds For This Useful Post:

Lady Onogaro (February 12th, 2016)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Empty_of_Clouds View Post
    On their way in the post:

A Parker 45 all in red, boxed and including the original carts - may even be new in box?
    A Parker 45 green with gold arrow cap, gold nib.

(not sure why I bought these, as I gave away the other 3 I had - impulse I expect)

A Matador Express 813 with an italic nib
    A Parker Duofold in burgundy
    A Conway Stewart 388 (in my current country of residence - makes a huge difference in shipping)

And from the repair bench of Mr Fudge, my Wahl Equipoise ring top thingy.

This is all just exploratory stuff. My head is in a better place to buy and sell without feeling guilty now.
    Are you still looking at getting the "grail" type purchase you were wanting to get a few months ago?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,528 Times in 1,299 Posts

I am, but I want to at least sample some of the other makes too. Unfortunately I cannot stretch this to include any of the proper luxury brands - Omas, Visconti, Aurora, MB, Pelikan and so on. That would be too expensive to experiment with. I suspect that I will gift the Parker 45s - that's probably why my subconscious made me buy them. The Duofold I am attracted to, if it is suitable I may seek out a better example or have a custom made replica. Not sure yet. The others... well, I'll see what they are like and flip them without qualm if they don't suit.

Grail pen for me isn't a specific make or model as such. It's more something that I like to write with and which I can develop a connection with. I'm a bit like that. Same with my sword play. My main sword is an extension of me, not a separate thing.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Empty_of_Clouds View Post
    Grail pen for me isn't a specific make or model as such. It's more something that I like to write with and which I can develop a connection with. I'm a bit like that. Same with my sword play. My main sword is an extension of me, not a separate thing.
    I have to agree I take a similar view. I may even have "that" pen however I'm just not quite ready to give up the search yet.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by earthdawn View Post
    Well I got this a couple of days ago and have not posted pics yet.

Hakase Jade celluloid with water buffalo inserts. It has a super extra fine #10 pilot nib that it is smooth as silk. While it is a tad to small to write with unposted, posting it does not upset the balance at all as it was made to be posted. It is just one of those pens in life you cherish and hold forever.
    That is just absolutely gorgeous!!! Those buffalo horn inlays are so well integrated into the design. I hope it brings you many years of enjoyment =] Ryo's nib tuning and grinding skills seem to have universally glowing praise in every Hakase review I've read.

I can't wait until my own jade celluloid Hakase arrives.
    Last edited by rpsyed; February 7th, 2016 at 08:37 PM.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to rpsyed For This Useful Post:

earthdawn (February 7th, 2016)

Thanks

I recently ordered two more pens: a Pilot Penmanship that only comes with an extra fine nib, and a Pilot 78G with a fine nib. After buying a bunch of pens last year, I want to slow down and use what I've got, so I'm not planning to order many more pens in the near future. However, I also wanted to expand my range of available nib sizes into the finer range, because I thought they'd be more useful than my usual medium nibs in at least some situations. Although these two pens aren't especially fancy (and they're certainly not expensive), for what I wanted to do, I thought these would work well. I'm looking forward to trying them out when I receive them.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Dronak For This Useful Post:

rpsyed (February 9th, 2016)

Thanks

Earth dawn I am jealous. I would love an Hakase. I have a friend with the Tortoise shell. I fell in love immediately. The jade is absolutely stunning.

My recent purchase was a Waterman Hemisphere in Lapis Blue. I found the pen in a small shop in Prague. Not seen this color anyplace before

But while in Japan I got several Sailor and Platinum pens.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nusiax For This Useful Post:

Lady Onogaro (February 12th, 2016), rpsyed (February 9th, 2016)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nusiax View Post
    Earth dawn I am jealous. I would love an Hakase. I have a friend with the Tortoise shell. I fell in love immediately. The jade is absolutely stunning.

My recent purchase was a Waterman Hemisphere in Lapis Blue. I found the pen in a small shop in Prague. Not seen this color anyplace before

But while in Japan I got several Sailor and Platinum pens.
    Waterman Hemisphere in Lapis Blue.... nice choice. I always liked the longer section on it. Plus the blue is not too bright and not too dark. Just enough to say "I'm blue" and stay classy ... if you know what i mean.

My dream vacation is to goto Japan. I don't think I would sleep the entire trip.

Thanks

Earthdawn. Yes it is the most beautiful blue. Very elegant.

Japan is wonderful. Spent three weeks last year. Going again this year. Japan is absolutely magical.

I bought a Sailor Pro from Mr Morita. It is a light blue only available from his store in Osaka. Got several Platinum3776. One with gold maki lions. In orange.

Almost bought a Nakaya but did not find one I really liked.

I also went to Minhoncho. They have all the papers. Will cut to any size. I got some of the most wonderful handmade rice paper in size B5. Got 500 sheets.

This coming year want to take a Japanese calligraphy course as well as a Bonsai course.

I have two friends that have Hakase pens. I feel in love. One has one made from Horn. Stunning. But I pant at my other friends. Hers is Tortoise shell. Which we can not have here in the west and I would be afraid of losing a €3,000 pen at customs

But Japan as a whole is simply amazing. You have to be so patient. The people are so friendly.

I would recommend to anyone a Japan trip

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nusiax For This Useful Post:

bluesea (February 9th, 2016), earthdawn (February 10th, 2016), rpsyed (February 9th, 2016)

Thanks

A few days ago I received my Franklin-Christoph Intrinsic Emerald & Ice. I new which day it would be delivered however I was at work that day. I was pretty excited to open the box when I got home. So I noticed as I'm opening the box it had been crush, almost looked like some idiot stepped on it at the post office. Luckily whoever stepped on it must not have weighed much. The pen appeared to have no damage done to it and it was writing beautifully. I went with just a fine nib, but I think I will order a couple more.
    I do not suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ripperg9 For This Useful Post:

Lady Onogaro (February 12th, 2016), rpsyed (February 11th, 2016)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ripperg9 View Post
    A few days ago I received my Franklin-Christoph Intrinsic Emerald & Ice. I new which day it would be delivered however I was at work that day. I was pretty excited to open the box when I got home. So I noticed as I'm opening the box it had been crush, almost looked like some idiot stepped on it at the post office. Luckily whoever stepped on it must not have weighed much. The pen appeared to have no damage done to it and it was writing beautifully. I went with just a fine nib, but I think I will order a couple more.
    Whew... thats nerve wracking to open.

Shawn Newton ships his pens in a coffee thermos like you use in the car .... take a look at what the post office did to it... The pen ,,. was just fine.

Crazy
    Attached Images Attached Images

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to earthdawn For This Useful Post:

Crazyorange (February 14th, 2016), Lady Onogaro (February 12th, 2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,714 Times in 1,973 Posts

That is why this is how I send the vintage pens that I restore to my buyers:

I stomped on the PVC pipe with a pen in it and all it did was hurt my feet.

I haven't found a good solution for multiple pens though...
    - Will
    Unique and restored vintage pens: Redeem Pens

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to penwash For This Useful Post:

Lady Onogaro (February 12th, 2016), rpsyed (February 11th, 2016)

Thanks

I recently inherited an MB149 and a Waterman Man100, both from the early '90s and a pair of Sheaffer school pens, both from the '70s.

These belonged to my brother-in-law who passed, sadly, far too soon, but at least his pens found a good home. Great writers - all four. Even the school pens!

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Pentode For This Useful Post:

rpsyed (February 11th, 2016)

Thanks

Shawn Newton ships his pens in a coffee thermos like you use in the car .... take a look at what the post office did to it... The pen ,,. was just fine.

Crazy
    Wow it's a good thing it was in the cup. How do you like the pen? I have had my eye on one of his Shinobis.
    I do not suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by penwash View Post
    That is why this is how I send the vintage pens that I restore to my buyers:

I stomped on the PVC pipe with a pen in it and all it did was hurt my feet.

I haven't found a good solution for multiple pens though...
    Thank You so much for using these! I don't know why more people don't. I have only had one Ebay seller so far use them and when I got it I thought it was the weirdest thing. I know better now that they actually cared about what they were selling
    I ordered a part from Five Star Pens and they used PVC too.
    I use them myself now if I have to mail a pen out for work.

Multiple pens? How would a larger PVC work? You could still wrap them with bubble wrap inside.
    Last edited by Anne; February 10th, 2016 at 10:11 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 11,067 Times in 4,019 Posts

Pre-LA Pen show pickup, snagged on eBay: 1st Gen Parker Vacumatic in Green Pearl, nice condition. I hate to see what's going to happen to me, and my bank account, over the next three days...

"When Men differ in Opinion, both Sides ought equally to have the Advantage of being heard by the Publick;
    and that when Truth and Error have fair Play, the former is always an overmatch for the latter."

~ Benjamin Franklin

29. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Jon Szanto For This Useful Post:

Crazyorange (February 14th, 2016), earthdawn (February 10th, 2016), Lady Onogaro (February 12th, 2016), rgperedo (February 10th, 2016), rpsyed (February 11th, 2016)

Thanks

Wow, beautiful. ^

Thanks

Crazy
    Wow it's a good thing it was in the cup. How do you like the pen? I have had my eye on one of his Shinobis.
    LOVE IT !!!

Did a review a little while back

32. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to earthdawn For This Useful Post:

bluesea (February 11th, 2016), Haefennasiel (February 19th, 2016), Lady Onogaro (February 12th, 2016), rgperedo (February 11th, 2016), rpsyed (February 11th, 2016), wangminze (February 10th, 2016)