Page 246 of 290 FirstFirst ... 146196236244245246247248256 ... LastLast
Results 4,901 to 4,920 of 5792

Thread: What is your latest pen acquisition?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,222 Times in 1,253 Posts

Default Re: What is your latest pen acquisition?

Beautiful

Did you keep the original #7? There's a good chance it could be repaired.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to mizgeorge For This Useful Post:

ChrisJ (April 7th, 2021)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mizgeorge View Post
    Beautiful

Thanks

Yes I’ve got the original and Ive thought about getting it fixed by a local goldsmith

Thanks
    Thanked 1,222 Times in 598 Posts

I love the look of those stubby, short-tined British nibs. And that one, with that subtle curve-in as it meets the section, is wonderfully neat--was it a way to make the nib have a broader profile without making the section diameter too large?
    Will
    If my p.m box is full, feel free to email me at dabantur@gmail.com.

Thanks

Just acquired my first S.T. Dupont. This is their D Line in Aquamarine, exclusive to the US market. I chose mine with the broad nib.

Leave it to Dupont to incorporate Urushi lacquer and all the work that entails.

The photos are stock.

Here is their description:

This new US exclusive collection combines old world Dupont glamour with an updated modern design. S.T. Dupont brings together one of their oldest and most treasured crafting techniques 'guilloche under lacquer' to the newly updated large size 'Line D'. Available in 3 vibrant colors: Ruby, Sapphire and Aquamarine, the pens combine the skills of the S.T. Dupont master goldsmith with the expertise of their master lacquerer.

Diamond 'Guilloche'

The 'Diamond Guilloche' collection features the namesake technique that is French for "engine turning." The diamond design is created by an engine turning process that engraves very precise, intricate, geometric patterns into an underlying material. For this latest launch, S.T. Dupont selected a finely detailed diamond pattern which is then overlaid with sumptuously colored Urushi lacquer, the result is simply spectacular.

Urushi Lacquer

S.T. Dupont's artisans add layers of natural lacquer to the surface of the diamond-patterned guilloche in a months-long process involving many applications and polishing to impart depth and mystery to each finish. The engraving causes the reflection of light through the overlay of natural Urushi lacquer creating a stunning display of light and color.

Line D Large

The collection is launched on the newly updated Line D Large pen; recently remodeled with a new bold blazon on the articulated clip, an enhanced Dupont 'D' in the crown of the cap and a perfectly balanced shape for exceptional writing. The pen cap closes with Dupont's iconic 'cling' and features a fluted grip section for a superb writing experience.

The Diamond Guilloche collection is presented in three precious colors:

Ruby accented in gold vermeil trim
    Aquamarine accented in palladium trim
    Sapphire accented in palladium trim

Available in fountain pen with the S.T. Dupont 14kt gold nib in EF, F, M, and B nib widths and roller-ball. The fountain pen uses cartridges or fills from a bottle of ink using the converter.
    Last edited by Bisquitlips; April 7th, 2021 at 09:07 PM.

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Bisquitlips For This Useful Post:

da vinci (April 8th, 2021), fountainpenkid (April 9th, 2021), Jon Szanto (April 7th, 2021), Scrawler (April 19th, 2021)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisJ View Post
    Beautiful

Thanks

Yes I’ve got the original and Ive thought about getting it fixed by a local goldsmith
    That is a fantastic vintage Onoto!! 😊 I have 2 currently in pieces from which I hope to create a complete pen. One of my #7 nibs also has a large crack. I have used fpnibs.com for a repair on a vintage MB nib. They did a good job and I will likely use them again.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to da vinci For This Useful Post:

ChrisJ (April 8th, 2021)

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to spencerwilli For This Useful Post:

amk (April 19th, 2021), BayesianPrior (April 18th, 2021), Bisquitlips (April 24th, 2021), christof (April 18th, 2021), Scrawler (April 19th, 2021), Yazeh (April 20th, 2021)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,222 Times in 1,253 Posts

Beautiful pen, but ouch on the cost. I have the old version (100N) and love it.

And a great little sketch!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to mizgeorge For This Useful Post:

spencerwilli (April 18th, 2021)

Thanks

Beautiful pen, but ouch on the cost. I have the old version (100N) and love it.

And a great little sketch!
    Thanks!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by spencerwilli View Post

That’s a horrible story, not a funny one! Weren’t you able to stop payment or do anything? I don’t know how people live with themselves, pulling scams like that. Right before Christmas, my mom got a knife shipped to her...a very beautiful and expensive buck knife. At first we thought maybe one of my brothers ordered it, and shipped it to my mother’s to hide it from his wife - or maybe one of the wives bought it as a Christmas present and shipped it to my mom’s to hide it from my brother...but it turned out someone got a hold of my mother’s debit card # and spent several thousand of her money....only when they bought the knife, they had to use PayPal, and PayPal wouldn’t let them change the shipping address, which is why my mom got it. Which I found very strange, as my mom doesn’t have a PayPal account, and I thought you had to have one to use PayPal. Anyway,we looked at her bank statement and someone had a good old time with her money. Luckily, she got all the money back, but it still makes me angry. Sorry that happened to you. I hope karma bites whoever ripped you off right in the a$$.

Thanks

Wow! Sorry to hear that both of you had to go through such terrible ordeals!

Thanks

I bought all three of these pens in this past month (Somebody STOP me!!)

Pink Lilas first, full price, broad nib. I wanted a fine but the broad was all the seller had left and there was just no delaying gratification that day. I didn’t care for the broad nib, so I bought the burgundy one for about $100 a few days later. In the meantime, I found that the broad nib wasn’t so bad...now I actually LOVE it. The fine nib is just “fine” - just what one would want in a fine nib, but my tastes are changing, and I’m finding I like the bigger nibs better than my original preference for very fine nibs. So, a week or so later, from Jetpens, I ordered the Lavende, again at full price. I have no regrets, I love them all. Though it has occurred to me that for the price of all three, I could have bought an Aurora 888. Oh well. The 3776 is very smooth and comfy to write with. I even love the blue black ink that comes in the cartridges included with the pens...though I read it’s an iron gall ink...should I be concerned about that?
    Attached Images Attached Images

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Igraine For This Useful Post:

Scrawler (April 25th, 2021)

Thanks

Beautiful pens! I have been thinking about picking up a 3776 as well. Also, funny how you are now leaning to the broads. I am the reverse in starting with the broads and now leaning towards fine! LOL. Anyway, congrats on the new beautiful pens!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Igraine View Post
    I bought all three of these pens in this past month (Somebody STOP me!!)

Pink Lilas first, full price, broad nib. I wanted a fine but the broad was all the seller had left and there was just no delaying gratification that day. I didn’t care for the broad nib, so I bought the burgundy one for about $100 a few days later. In the meantime, I found that the broad nib wasn’t so bad...now I actually LOVE it. The fine nib is just “fine” - just what one would want in a fine nib, but my tastes are changing, and I’m finding I like the bigger nibs better than my original preference for very fine nibs. So, a week or so later, from Jetpens, I ordered the Lavende, again at full price. I have no regrets, I love them all. Though it has occurred to me that for the price of all three, I could have bought an Aurora 888. Oh well. The 3776 is very smooth and comfy to write with. I even love the blue black ink that comes in the cartridges included with the pens...though I read it’s an iron gall ink...should I be concerned about that?
    I have the Chartres Blue and the Burgundy. One medium and one broad. They are fantastic writers. The 3776 might be the best bang for the buck out there. Well scored.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by whorne View Post
    Beautiful pens! I have been thinking about picking up a 3776 as well. Also, funny how you are now leaning to the broads. I am the reverse in starting with the broads and now leaning towards fine! LOL. Anyway, congrats on the new beautiful pens!
    I do like having both, or having choices in general. The medium is perfect, but it’s more like a Pilot fine, whereas the fine is like a Pilot extra fine. From what I’ve heard others say, the broad is like a western medium. Now I want to try broad nibs in other brands....ugh. And I swore to myself when I got my first pen that I’d never get carried away...Ha!

Thanks

[QUOTE=Blue Note;323235]
    I have the Chartres Blue and the Burgundy. One medium and one broad. They are fantastic writers. The 3776 might be the best bang for the buck out there. Well scored.
    I’m considering getting a second medium, maybe the Chartres. I’d like to have on I can carry around, fill with black ink, to use at work. The Nice models seem a little fragile, and for what they cost, I don’t want to ruin them. Does that sound crazy??

Thanks

Does that sound crazy??
    You're asking US?!

23. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BayesianPrior For This Useful Post:

Blue Note (April 26th, 2021), penwash (April 26th, 2021), Scrawler (April 28th, 2021)

Thanks

[QUOTE=Igraine;323309]
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Note View Post
    I’m considering getting a second medium, maybe the Chartres. I’d like to have on I can carry around, fill with black ink, to use at work. The Nice models seem a little fragile, and for what they cost, I don’t want to ruin them. Does that sound crazy??
    Craziness, in a good way, is a pre requisite for membership in this oddball club.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Blue Note For This Useful Post:

penwash (April 26th, 2021)

Thanks

My latest purchase:

Pelikan M805 Blue Dune EF:

2021-04-27 11.35.58.jpg

27. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to lonelyboy888 For This Useful Post:

BayesianPrior (April 26th, 2021), Igraine (April 26th, 2021), Yazeh (April 27th, 2021)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BayesianPrior View Post
    Does that sound crazy??
    You're asking US?!
    Really - what was I thinking? Small problem, though. Tonight I noticed on the Lavende, there is a small crack on the grip section, starting at the nib and going about halfway up towards the threads. I haven’t dropped it, I’ve been very gentle with it, it’s practically brand new. I’m going to call Jetpens in the AM, but I’m thinking they might tell me I have to contact the company, to activate the 1 year warranty. Which means that even if they (platinum) are willing to replace the pen, it will probably take months. I’m hoping Jetpens will allow me to exchange it directly with them.

Thanks

This bad boy arrived yesterday.
    Completely exceeded my expectations!

26APR21 - It is here -SODF.jpg
    "I can only improve my self, not the world."

30. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Detman101 For This Useful Post:

BayesianPrior (April 27th, 2021), Lady Onogaro (May 6th, 2021), Schaumburg_Swan (April 28th, 2021), Yazeh (April 27th, 2021)