Page 231 of 231 FirstFirst ... 131181221229230231
Results 4,601 to 4,605 of 4605

Thread: What is your latest pen acquisition?

Thanks
    Thanked 6,995 Times in 2,583 Posts

Default Re: What is your latest pen acquisition?

Quote Originally Posted by catbert View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon Szanto View Post
    temporal connection to this day...
    Frank Lloyd Wright's Ennis house (the background image) appeared in the film Blade Runner, which was set in November 2019.
    Bingo! You are the first person to perceive the connection! As of yesterday, that movie no longer takes place in the future.

Last edited by Jon Szanto; November 2nd, 2019 at 06:31 PM.
    "When Men differ in Opinion, both Sides ought equally to have the Advantage of being heard by the Publick;
    and that when Truth and Error have fair Play, the former is always an overmatch for the latter."

~ Benjamin Franklin

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Jon Szanto For This Useful Post:

azkid (November 3rd, 2019)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by catbert View Post
    temporal connection to this day...
    Frank Lloyd Wright's Ennis house (the background image) appeared in the film Blade Runner, which was set in November 2019.
    Bingo! You are the first person to perceive the connection! As of yesterday, that movie no longer takes place in the future.
    The future ain't what it used to be ...

4. The Following User Says Thank You to catbert For This Useful Post:

Jon Szanto (November 2nd, 2019)

Thanks

Arrived this morning, Jack Row's new model, the Canterbury. Cast in bronze by the lost wax method.

I am really pleased with it.
    A fitting companion to the Mirage that he made for me last year.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks

Back to back Esterbrook Dollar pens, a 1938 and this afternoon a 1934. The '38 came with a '32 flat feed that I was able unclog with one of my spare Mandolin strings.
    Attached Images Attached Images

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Chuck Naill For This Useful Post:

azkid (December 1st, 2019)

Thanks

A few recent ones:

Found a shop selling the Conklin "Mark Twain" Crescent fillers for $100 shipped. So I took the plunge because I like old-school filler systems and black chased patterns. It's a nice pen but as with so many of the new Conklins, the nib needs work when it arrives. It's not what I would call "serious work" - but it's more a careful adjustment and smoothing. Nib has more "give" to it than expected - it's not a nail (nib has more give to it than my black chased "Glider" model). This is a very substantial, old school pen. But it's not a pen for the novice - quirky filling system and may need nib tuning out of the box.

Sheaffer hard rubber flat top #34 with "Sheaffer Clip" - this turned out to be a larger pen than expected. The model number was not listed - just listed as a flat top old Sheaffer that needed a cleaning and new sac. This was a smooth hard rubber pen, so polishing cleaned up the color. Feed needed to have a wire passed through it to get old ink crud out, even after time in the ultrasonic cleaner. Nib is a fine, flexible #3. A really neat old pen. Pen is larger than either of my Waterman 52 models, and substantially larger than a 1915 Sheaffer #2 model I have.

Jade green long-model early Balance. This pen has nice color, but the barrel is crazing around the mouth. It has some small cracks, but it tightens up OK to the section. Really nice, smooth medium nib. It's a firm Lifetime nib and it's a good writer. It came with a hard rubber "Skrip" ink jar that still has a little bit of blue ink in it. The very old sticker on the bottom says it's a "permanent blue". The jar even seals up tightly. The Balance has a silicone sac in it now. Too bad about the little cracks around the barrel mouth - otherwise a great pair of Sheaffer items.
    Last edited by Ray-VIgo; December 2nd, 2019 at 03:17 PM.