Page 246 of 246 FirstFirst ... 146196236244245246
Results 4,901 to 4,906 of 4906

Thread: What is your latest pen acquisition?

Thanks

Default Re: What is your latest pen acquisition?

Not my latest pen acquisition but probably the longest acquisition - Here is my new (to me) Onoto Magna 1873

onoto_magna_1873_3.png

I picked up the original pen back in Summer last year, very good condition chasing and imprint along with good gold fittings, but it needed a new plunger rod fitted and the original no 7 nib had a long split from the breather hole towards the section , just reaching the top of 7 and was a danger to write with. So after a long while of sourcing another no 7 and then sending off for plunger repairs I've finally got back the finished pen. The replacement nib is a stub so very different from the needle fine no 7s I've come across before , very wet and incredibly smooth , similar to a modern pilot in feedback.

onoto_magna_1873_4.png

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ChrisJ For This Useful Post:

da vinci (April 8th, 2021), fountainpenkid (April 7th, 2021), Jon Szanto (April 7th, 2021)

Thanks

Beautiful

Did you keep the original #7? There's a good chance it could be repaired.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to mizgeorge For This Useful Post:

ChrisJ (April 7th, 2021)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mizgeorge View Post
    Beautiful

Thanks

Yes Iíve got the original and Ive thought about getting it fixed by a local goldsmith

Thanks

I love the look of those stubby, short-tined British nibs. And that one, with that subtle curve-in as it meets the section, is wonderfully neat--was it a way to make the nib have a broader profile without making the section diameter too large?
    Will
    If my p.m box is full, feel free to email me at dabantur@gmail.com.

Thanks

Just acquired my first S.T. Dupont. This is their D Line in Aquamarine, exclusive to the US market. I chose mine with the broad nib.

Leave it to Dupont to incorporate Urushi lacquer and all the work that entails.

The photos are stock.

Here is their description:

This new US exclusive collection combines old world Dupont glamour with an updated modern design. S.T. Dupont brings together one of their oldest and most treasured crafting techniques 'guilloche under lacquer' to the newly updated large size 'Line D'. Available in 3 vibrant colors: Ruby, Sapphire and Aquamarine, the pens combine the skills of the S.T. Dupont master goldsmith with the expertise of their master lacquerer.

Diamond 'Guilloche'

The 'Diamond Guilloche' collection features the namesake technique that is French for "engine turning." The diamond design is created by an engine turning process that engraves very precise, intricate, geometric patterns into an underlying material. For this latest launch, S.T. Dupont selected a finely detailed diamond pattern which is then overlaid with sumptuously colored Urushi lacquer, the result is simply spectacular.

Urushi Lacquer

S.T. Dupont's artisans add layers of natural lacquer to the surface of the diamond-patterned guilloche in a months-long process involving many applications and polishing to impart depth and mystery to each finish. The engraving causes the reflection of light through the overlay of natural Urushi lacquer creating a stunning display of light and color.

Line D Large

The collection is launched on the newly updated Line D Large pen; recently remodeled with a new bold blazon on the articulated clip, an enhanced Dupont 'D' in the crown of the cap and a perfectly balanced shape for exceptional writing. The pen cap closes with Dupont's iconic 'cling' and features a fluted grip section for a superb writing experience.

The Diamond Guilloche collection is presented in three precious colors:

Ruby accented in gold vermeil trim
    Aquamarine accented in palladium trim
    Sapphire accented in palladium trim

Available in fountain pen with the S.T. Dupont 14kt gold nib in EF, F, M, and B nib widths and roller-ball. The fountain pen uses cartridges or fills from a bottle of ink using the converter.
    Last edited by Bisquitlips; April 7th, 2021 at 09:07 PM.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bisquitlips For This Useful Post:

da vinci (April 8th, 2021), fountainpenkid (April 9th, 2021), Jon Szanto (April 7th, 2021)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisJ View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mizgeorge View Post
    Beautiful

Thanks

Yes Iíve got the original and Ive thought about getting it fixed by a local goldsmith
    That is a fantastic vintage Onoto!! 😊 I have 2 currently in pieces from which I hope to create a complete pen. One of my #7 nibs also has a large crack. I have used fpnibs.com for a repair on a vintage MB nib. They did a good job and I will likely use them again.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to da vinci For This Useful Post:

ChrisJ (April 8th, 2021)