Page 242 of 290 FirstFirst ... 142192232240241242243244252 ... LastLast
Results 4,821 to 4,840 of 5792

Thread: What is your latest pen acquisition?

Thanks

Default Re: What is your latest pen acquisition?

Giove.

Oh. Wow.

That is all.

Thanks
    Thanked 11,067 Times in 4,019 Posts

As documented in the "what pen are you waiting for" thread, DHL delivered my Sailor "Black Velvet" (2013 LE) Pro Gear yesterday. It is, as expected, just what I hoped for. Enjoying it with Nagasawa Kobe #27, a dark maroon/brown ink:

"When Men differ in Opinion, both Sides ought equally to have the Advantage of being heard by the Publick;
    and that when Truth and Error have fair Play, the former is always an overmatch for the latter."

~ Benjamin Franklin

3. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Jon Szanto For This Useful Post:

Blue Note (December 15th, 2020), Chrissy (December 17th, 2020), Detman101 (December 30th, 2020), Lady Onogaro (December 16th, 2020), penwash (December 17th, 2020), Ugly Old Guy (January 12th, 2021), usk15 (December 15th, 2020), Yazeh (December 27th, 2020)

Thanks

Gorgeous, Jon. Nobody does nibs better than Sailor.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Blue Note For This Useful Post:

Jon Szanto (December 15th, 2020)

Thanks

IMG_20201212_153855053.jpg

This is my most recent purchase. A Midori (green) Nakaya portable with a broad nib.

My first (and probably only Nakaya).

7. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Sandy For This Useful Post:

amk (January 10th, 2021), carlos.q (December 17th, 2020), Chrissy (December 17th, 2020), da vinci (December 20th, 2020), damfino (December 17th, 2020), Jon Szanto (December 16th, 2020), Lady Onogaro (December 16th, 2020), SlowMovingTarget (December 26th, 2020), Yazeh (December 27th, 2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 10,467 Times in 4,006 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy View Post

This is my most recent purchase. A Midori (green) Nakaya portable with a broad nib.

My first (and probably only Nakaya).
    I hope that maybe I might actually see it one day at a FP meet
    Regards, Chrissy | My Review Blog: inkyfountainpens

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Szanto View Post
    As documented in the "what pen are you waiting for" thread, DHL delivered my Sailor "Black Velvet" (2013 LE) Pro Gear yesterday. It is, as expected, just what I hoped for. Enjoying it with Nagasawa Kobe #27, a dark maroon/brown ink:

Jon - so you wanted the Black Velvet also but were on the lookout for VertOlive? I salute your generosity, and am thrilled that you both achieved the dream! It's a very beautiful pen. May you both use it with surpassing pleasure!

Thanks

Rotring Fountain Pen, Fine Nib

Thanks

December turned out to be "swirly blue pen month" for me. Got my Leonardo 75th Anniversary Grande from Casa della Stillografica and picked up a Visconti Rainforest Demo that just arrived yesterday.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,528 Times in 1,299 Posts

One of two 'latest pens' (the other was an Aurora 88P), I received this today.

Always regretted selling the three Eversharp Skylines I previously owned, so this makes up for that. In good condition, with the usual brassing to the lever where a posted cap rubs. The pencil seems to be near mint with original stickers. And the star of the show here is the nib on the pen, a soft semi-flexible italic that looks like it may be a factory original (I don't know how sure I can be on that though). Wonderful writer.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Empty_of_Clouds For This Useful Post:

usk15 (January 5th, 2021)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,426 Times in 2,518 Posts

A used TWISB ECO. I primarily deal in vintage American, European and British pens, and some modern. I wanted to see what these cheap Chinese piston-fillers were all about. It arrived, but I've yet to write with it. It even came with a plastic spanner and a sealed bottle of silicon oil to lube the piston. Interesting indeed, though old hat to many of you, I'm sure.

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to FredRydr For This Useful Post:

amk (January 10th, 2021), Chrissy (January 6th, 2021), CrayonAngelss (January 5th, 2021)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,889 Times in 1,434 Posts

It's this:

LAMY cp1 1978 by C.M.Z, auf Flickr

a first generation LAMY cp1 from 1978. This model is slimmer than the current one, has a different nib and requires a different convertor.

LAMY cp1 convertor by C.M.Z, auf Flickr

The steel nib writes just excellent and the whole pen feels rather like a pencil than a fountain pen:

LAMY Cp1 Pentel Black Polymer 999 by C.M.Z, auf Flickr

I've read somewhere, that at this time it was a challenge for LAMY to design the slimmest pen possible.

Z.
    Last edited by christof; January 5th, 2021 at 10:02 PM.

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to christof For This Useful Post:

da vinci (January 10th, 2021), fountainpenkid (January 12th, 2021), Malcolm (January 10th, 2021)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by FredRydr View Post
    A used TWISB ECO. I primarily deal in vintage American, European and British pens, and some modern. I wanted to see what these cheap Chinese piston-fillers were all about. It arrived, but I've yet to write with it. It even came with a plastic spanner and a sealed bottle of silicon oil to lube the piston. Interesting indeed, though old hat to many of you, I'm sure.
    Jeepers, a spanner!

Some hints if I may.

The silicon oil is neither use nor ornament. If the piston is stiff use normal silicon grease.

The refitting of the piston is not as easy as you might think, especially if you have made the mistake of moving the piston on the rod, as I did. There are some good youtube vids on how to do this.

Be very careful if you have to remove the nib and feed, my pen was fine until I removed the nib, it blobbed after that. If you refit the nib note that the feed has a recess for the nib. My best advice is to leave the nib where it is. Some people will tell you that the pen was meant to be taken apart and therefore you can. My car engine is meant to be taken apart but it doesn' mean that I can.

My opinion is that the Eco is very good value for a piston filled pen, it has its faults but it is best left as the factory made it. I know you like your bikes, Vincents used to give similar advice to customers who asked when they should take the engine apart. Vincent said that there should be no need for the engine to be disassembled for at least 100,000 miles.

The Twsbi eco plastic spanner is not that great, other Twsbis have a metal spanner, it is easy for the spanner jaws to open on the shaft nut which (from memory) has a left hand thread, which always confuses me.

The nibs are pretty good for the price point and the quality is better than you would expect, there is some talk of the sections cracking which might be down to operator error in refitting the nib.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to RobJohnson For This Useful Post:

Sailor Kenshin (January 6th, 2021)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,426 Times in 2,518 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by RobJohnson View Post
    ...Some hints if I may....
    Thank you for all of those! Mind you, I'm not surprised, and I'll treat it accordingly.
    Last edited by FredRydr; January 6th, 2021 at 06:01 AM.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to FredRydr For This Useful Post:

RobJohnson (January 5th, 2021)

Thanks

A pair of Visconti Blizzard Homo Sapiens rollerball and fountain to go with a pair of Dark Ages

23. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to JParanee For This Useful Post:

amk (January 13th, 2021), da vinci (January 10th, 2021), Malcolm (January 10th, 2021)

Thanks

Default NEITERRe: What is your latest pen acquisition?

Zebra stainless steel MF 701 pen and mechanical pencil set
    Fisher "Raw Brass" Cap-O-Matic Space Pen
    Both with original "black" ink. (not as black as my fountain pen, but it'll have to do.)

...o.k. .... how do I upload a picture? click the tree ... "insert URL" ... Click the 35mm film strip(?) on right of tree ..."Insert video clip URL" .... neither is applicable. Photo files on this obsolete (circa 2013 Windows Surface RS) tablet ain't a URL. I got no video camera ... nor do I want one ...

Is a paid membership required to post pictures without using Imgur et-all? Photo hosting sites and this tablet, and my (allegedly) "smart" phone, don't play well together.

Thanks

Default Re: NEITERRe: What is your latest pen acquisition?

Quote Originally Posted by Ugly Old Guy View Post
    Zebra stainless steel MF 701 pen and mechanical pencil set
    Fisher "Raw Brass" Cap-O-Matic Space Pen
    Both with original "black" ink. (not as black as my fountain pen, but it'll have to do.)

...o.k. .... how do I upload a picture? click the tree ... "insert URL" ... Click the 35mm film strip(?) on right of tree ..."Insert video clip URL" .... neither is applicable. Photo files on this obsolete (circa 2013 Windows Surface RS) tablet ain't a URL. I got no video camera ... nor do I want one ...

Is a paid membership required to post pictures without using Imgur et-all? Photo hosting sites and this tablet, and my (allegedly) "smart" phone, don't play well together.
    Image posting is a bit of a pain on this site, I find that ironically using tapatalk as a third party client makes it much simpler.

Thanks

Montblanc Boheme Platinum.

After much waiting (only about 7 days) I finally received a pen I think is cool and unique enough to deserve a “latest acquisition” post. Although I buy at least a pen per week, I thought some of you would find this one interesting. The reason being is that this pen has a unique mechanism which retracts the nib into the barrel, almost like a safety pen back in the day. This pen, however, is not an eye dropper, it uses cartridges. From what I’ve read, because the barrel space is taken up by the nib when retracted, this pen does not have the option of a converter.
    This pen is considered their Larger version and sits very well in my grip with a section diameter between 11 mm and 12 mm.
    The 18K medium nib writes beau as a Montblanc should.
    There aren’t many videos or posts about the Boheme, so when I bought this pen it was with less research than I’m used to, which made me a little anxious. But upon reviewing the pen I was very pleased. The process of exposing the nib from the rear blind cap is very satisfying and the threads on the rear allow you to keep the pen posted in your pocket with the nib being protected within the pen. A very convenient feature, however, the nib does not retract into an ink reservoir and is not sealed so it does tend to dry out unless properly recapped.
    Although I do wish that the pen could accommodate a converter, or even better was an eye dropper, this pen offers a unique feature that does have real application. These pens are not made anymore so I would expect it to gain some value eventually. Regardless, I’m enjoying it as beautiful piece of artwork with some interesting mechanical features not found on any of my other pens.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Thanked 11,067 Times in 4,019 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by empliau View Post
    Jon - so you wanted the Black Velvet also but were on the lookout for VertOlive? I salute your generosity, and am thrilled that you both achieved the dream! It's a very beautiful pen. May you both use it with surpassing pleasure!
    empliau, I am sorry that I didn't notice this weeks ago. Thank you for your kind words. For a couple of years it really was tilting at windmills and I assumed that if one was found for VO, that is what it would be: One. However, this all changed when Sailor decided to do a limited reissue. Other than made in a different year I believe it to be the same pen, so as a result, (at least) two of us got to share in the fun! Above all, I'm happy VO has her BV.
    "When Men differ in Opinion, both Sides ought equally to have the Advantage of being heard by the Publick;
    and that when Truth and Error have fair Play, the former is always an overmatch for the latter."

~ Benjamin Franklin

Thanks
    Thanked 2,528 Times in 1,299 Posts

Not quite pulled the trigger yet - for all of $10 or thereabouts - but itchy fingers on ebay for a Jinhao 51a as a reasonable alternative to wasting my time on trying to get a P51. Anyone got the 51a? Pros, cons?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Empty_of_Clouds View Post
    Not quite pulled the trigger yet - for all of $10 or thereabouts - but itchy fingers on ebay for a Jinhao 51a as a reasonable alternative to wasting my time on trying to get a P51. Anyone got the 51a? Pros, cons?

https://www.purepens.co.uk/products/...en-black-white

But for me they are not an alternative to the Parker 51, just something that looks similar. But hell, they are not a lot of money, buy both if you want to try a 51a but isn't there a vacumatic filling 51 look-a-like? That is the one I would go for, if I had to.

I was washing my Parker 51 at work at the kichen sink, an older employee came up behind me to wash his coffee cup and said 'Is that a Parker 51?'

I would have been embarassed to have said 'No its a Jinhao'.
    Last edited by Fermata; January 17th, 2021 at 05:28 AM.