Page 276 of 290 FirstFirst ... 176226266274275276277278286 ... LastLast
Results 5,501 to 5,520 of 5792

Thread: What is your latest pen acquisition?

Thanks

Default Re: What is your latest pen acquisition?

I just won this in a live auction, when I get them home next week, I'll have a better idea, two Osmia for sure and 4-5 Pelikans...counting the BP/RB's.
    The bottom is a 400NN, what the marbled brown one is, I don't remember.
    I like Osmia, have 6 or 7.

The Geha school pen, second from top, has a broken nib, so I will see about swapping it out for a spare one.
    And the ball points didn't register in I don't collect them, but two seem to be 'very old'.
    The blue stripped BP, was such a disappointment ...when I opened it up and it was 'missing' a nib.

Last edited by BoBo Olson; September 2nd, 2022 at 10:42 AM.

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to BoBo Olson For This Useful Post:

amk (September 3rd, 2022), markiv (September 3rd, 2022), Sailor Kenshin (September 2nd, 2022), TFarnon (September 19th, 2022), usk15 (September 2nd, 2022), Yazeh (September 2nd, 2022)

Thanks

Finally got the Kafka and Verne Montblanc writers edition ballpoints I’d been looking for. Now it is a Balzac rollerball to complete my set

Thanks

True Writer Classic in Turquoise arrived today.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    Brad "Words are, of course, the most powerful drug used by mankind" - Rudyard Kipling

"None of us can have as many virtues as the fountain-pen, or half its cussedness; but we can try." - Mark Twain

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Runnin_Ute For This Useful Post:

Prettypenguin (September 3rd, 2022), TFarnon (September 19th, 2022), Yazeh (September 2nd, 2022)

Thanks

Runnin Ute, I'd best not show that fountain pen to my wife, or she'd want one in she's a turquoise freak......and I'll get to keep it for her in she's a ball point barbarian.
    Pretty enough for .....ummmm.
    Very pretty pen.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BoBo Olson View Post
    Runnin Ute, I'd best not show that fountain pen to my wife, or she'd want one in she's a turquoise freak......and I'll get to keep it for her in she's a ball point barbarian.
    Pretty enough for .....ummmm.
    Very pretty pen.
    They have rollerball and ballpoint versions too, BoBo!

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    Brad "Words are, of course, the most powerful drug used by mankind" - Rudyard Kipling

"None of us can have as many virtues as the fountain-pen, or half its cussedness; but we can try." - Mark Twain

Thanks

Karlsruhe mallorca, is a type of stonegood, that has held it's value, being rather famous in Germany.
    I got to get down to look at the museum...three quarter's of a hours drive away.
    The last time we went to other museums and a food market.......don't go hungry to one of those things.
    Indoors 70-80 different stands........of high classed foods.

The Karlsruhe palace has a smithed iron fence, made by one of the famous Iron smiths. (I go to various churches to look at such art work) The first time I drove down there, that had interest me more than what was in the Palace.

You can look the palace up, the com didn't want to show a picture of the park that makes the large palace look small.

More or less......................
    Karl was wandering far away from his wife....and in the time the study of geometry was real in. He dreamed in his coach....when he woke he had the town ( that was not yet there....that looks like a good place to plot a city...when one was a big enough ) , and palace plan in mind. To this day 1/4th of Karlsruhe (Karl's sleep) is still the (green lung) park of the city.
    Karl's wife never saw the town nor the big palace, that was where he kept his mistresses, and his government.
    The populace of his old capitol was making problems for him so he cut them off at the knees. .... The second side of the story.

Over on the other com, I showed my 36 inkwell sets and singles. I won this today.
    From 1911, modeller... Wilhelm Sues (1861-1933)

Last edited by BoBo Olson; September 3rd, 2022 at 07:16 AM.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BoBo Olson For This Useful Post:

Jon Szanto (September 20th, 2022), TFarnon (September 20th, 2022)

Thanks

My find of the sales at the weekend.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to amk For This Useful Post:

TFarnon (September 19th, 2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,427 Times in 2,519 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by amk View Post
    My find of the sales at the weekend.
    Is the fourth from the top vintage or modern?

Thanks

It's a Waterman Watermina 'night and day' which I think was a 1980s pen (someone correct me if I'm wrong) - and it's a rollerball, but I'm happy with that as I already have the FP.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,427 Times in 2,519 Posts

Okay. I suspected as much. It is the reissued (and reminiscent of) Waterman's vintage night and day pen. Nice catch!

Thanks

This is my most recent arrival, photo courtesy of the ebay vendor.

I think the gold things are bats. They look like stylized bats to me. The pen is described as Sailor x YouSTYLE professional gear slim HamaChidori. I guess they aren't bats--a quick google says they are plovers on the shore.

The most recent thing I ordered is a set of A.S. Manhattaner's Sailor Candy fountain pens, all cat-themed. I'd been looking for these for some time. Again, photo courtesy of the vendor. I should add that I am a horrible photographer, so anything anyone else does is better than what I do.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TFarnon For This Useful Post:

Jon Szanto (September 20th, 2022), Sailor Kenshin (September 20th, 2022)

Thanks

From Crazy Al's Emporium at the Commonweath Pen Show this weekend:

IMG_0028.jpg

Pilot Vanishing Point Special Edition in Marble Red (M)
    "The world will little note, nor long remember, what we say here..." -- Abraham Lincoln, 1863

18. The Following User Says Thank You to SlowMovingTarget For This Useful Post:

Jon Szanto (September 20th, 2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 11,067 Times in 4,019 Posts

I spotted a pen on auction in the last day and put a snipe on it a couple of hours before end, and managed to win. It was such a serendipitous find, syncing up with current events. These are the auction photos (it completed yesterday) and I hope to have the pen in hand when the grandson will be crowned King. Here is a 1937 Parker Duofold (Canadian) special edition:

"When Men differ in Opinion, both Sides ought equally to have the Advantage of being heard by the Publick;
    and that when Truth and Error have fair Play, the former is always an overmatch for the latter."

~ Benjamin Franklin

20. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Jon Szanto For This Useful Post:

ArchiMark (September 20th, 2022), Chrissy (September 19th, 2022), christof (September 20th, 2022), Deb (September 20th, 2022), markiv (September 27th, 2022), moonamongus (September 20th, 2022), rkesey (September 21st, 2022), SlowMovingTarget (September 20th, 2022), TFarnon (September 19th, 2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 10,473 Times in 4,007 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Szanto View Post
    I spotted a pen on auction in the last day and put a snipe on it a couple of hours before end, and managed to win. It was such a serendipitous find, syncing up with current events. These are the auction photos (it completed yesterday) and I hope to have the pen in hand when the grandson will be crowned King. Here is a 1937 Parker Duofold (Canadian) special edition:
    Excellent.
    Edit: No news on a coronation date yet but my guess is that it will be next summer. 70 years after the last one. That should be plenty of time to get the pen for his grandfather's coronation in your hand.
    Last edited by Chrissy; September 20th, 2022 at 01:55 AM.
    Regards, Chrissy | My Review Blog: inkyfountainpens

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Chrissy For This Useful Post:

Jon Szanto (September 20th, 2022), Sailor Kenshin (October 9th, 2022), TFarnon (September 20th, 2022)

Thanks

[/CENTER]
    Really on time! A very nice remembrance.

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to manolo For This Useful Post:

Jon Szanto (September 20th, 2022), TFarnon (September 20th, 2022)

Thanks

Welp. I fell right down the Karlsruhe Majolica rabbit hole. I haven't bought anything yet, but it definitely captured my interest.

Thanks

"""""I fell right down the Karlsruhe Majolica rabbit hole."""""" Just be glad you did that now....my wife keeps telling me how much more expensive that stuff was, a decade or two ago. We watch a daily 5 dealers bidding on someone antique or jewelry pieces.
    That is one of the largest rabbit holes one can fall into...All sorts of top designers that worked for the various Karlsruhe companies. It was a German center.

German Dukes/Graffs treid to make exclusive area of manufacture.
    Eberbach had the ivory carving (150 years until last year), Ider-Oberstein, semi-precious stones and jewel grinding, Pfortzheim, the gold and silver & Jewelry manufactures. Other trades were centered by nobles also, silk one place, something else somewhere else.
    It kept the wars down to religion.

Of the pens I showed before in this thread, this one....is someone else's picture in I didn't get box or paper. What I did get was a green tortoise pen.
    Pelikan had a version like this called 'seaweed' by some, that I don't have nor am I likely to ever get one.

UHU Primus with serial number so this is probably a school pen.
    UHU is a glue maker here in Germany.

I'd 'known' very vaguely that others had said they made pens. But last year when I got a Senator and bottle of ink for a pound of coffee did it become real that Uhu made pens and the fact they made inks was then new to me.
    I had expected a lower quality pen. The steel nib is marked just UHU. There is no size marking on it nor the pen. UHU is marked on the plain clip band.

Last edited by BoBo Olson; September 20th, 2022 at 01:57 PM.

27. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BoBo Olson For This Useful Post:

markiv (September 27th, 2022), Sailor Kenshin (October 9th, 2022), SlowMovingTarget (September 20th, 2022)

Thanks

I remember seeing that on eBay recently. Being a republican (not the US type), I couldn't bring myself to bid on it. Lovely looking pen, though. Congratulations.

29. The Following User Says Thank You to nomis For This Useful Post:

Jon Szanto (September 20th, 2022)

Thanks

Post Re: What is your latest pen acquisition?

Claudio Mazzi, whose custom airbrushed Zippo lighters often sell for hundreds of dollars (or $1000+ in some cases) also did a couple collaborations with Visconti. The Visconti "The Dragon" pen was a limited edition of 888 pens, all unique since he hand-"painted" them, and modeled after the old style Visconti Van Gogh. This is pretty over the top, but its uniqueness is hard to deny...and it's definitely uncommon to find custom airbrushed pens (or maybe it's not, but I haven't seen others besides the Mazzi Visconti Homo Sapiens). It's never been inked, but I will probably fix that sooner rather than later!

James
    Attached Images Attached Images

31. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to moonamongus For This Useful Post:

amk (October 10th, 2022), Chrissy (September 20th, 2022), Jon Szanto (September 20th, 2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 11,067 Times in 4,019 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by nomis View Post
    I remember seeing that on eBay recently. Being a republican (not the US type), I couldn't bring myself to bid on it. Lovely looking pen, though. Congratulations.
    Thanks, and I certainly understand the sentiment. Yes, I'm a US citizen and don't have the depth of knowledge of the history of the isles, especially in more modern politics, that I would appreciate having. That said, my interest in this was somewhat historical, not so much for the larger issues surrounding the passing of Elizabeth, but merely marking the moment in time, just as the original owner likely did. The rest... we'll have to sort out later.
    "When Men differ in Opinion, both Sides ought equally to have the Advantage of being heard by the Publick;
    and that when Truth and Error have fair Play, the former is always an overmatch for the latter."

~ Benjamin Franklin

33. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jon Szanto For This Useful Post:

dneal (October 8th, 2022), INeedAFinancialAdvisor (October 8th, 2022)