Page 226 of 290 FirstFirst ... 126176216224225226227228236276 ... LastLast
Results 4,501 to 4,520 of 5792

Thread: What is your latest pen acquisition?

Thanks

Default Re: What is your latest pen acquisition?

Those are beautiful, Fred.

A chinese Liy Shisan

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to fountainpagan For This Useful Post:

amk (March 26th, 2019), Jerome Tarshis (April 16th, 2019), Kaputnik (April 18th, 2019), Lady Onogaro (May 18th, 2019)

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Thanked 1,386 Times in 587 Posts

I thought the package must have gotten lost on the way here from the Ukraine, but it finally made it. I found this when looking for pictures of rocketship pens to post on the "Theoretical Situation" thread. Found it in an image search, then when trying to see if one were actually available, I found a finished auction listing where one of these went for about $200. And then... I found one for a $24 Buy It Now price on eBay. Couldn't refrain from ordering it. It's from 1959, and was released to celebrate the Soviets landing the first unmanned spaceship on the moon. (SPOILER: The U.S. went on to put the first man on the moon 10 years later).

And, oh yeah, it writes beautifully and has a semi-flex nib.

Last edited by calamus; April 20th, 2019 at 07:52 PM.
    Quid rides? Mutato nomine de te fabula narratur. — Horace
    (What are you laughing at? Just change the name and the joke’s on you.)

5. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to calamus For This Useful Post:

amk (April 21st, 2019), carlos.q (April 21st, 2019), catbert (April 21st, 2019), Cob (May 21st, 2019), fountainpagan (April 25th, 2019), Jon Szanto (April 20th, 2019), Kaputnik (May 18th, 2019), Lady Onogaro (May 18th, 2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,788 Times in 1,642 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by calamus View Post
    I thought the package must have gotten lost on the way here from the Ukraine, but it finally made it. I found this when looking for pictures of rocketship pens to post on the "Theoretical Situation" thread. Found it in an image search, then when trying to see if one were actually available, I found a finished auction listing where one of these went for about $200. And then... I found one for a $24 Buy It Now price on eBay. Couldn't refrain from ordering it. It's from 1959, and was released to celebrate the Soviets landing the first unmanned spaceship on the moon. (SPOILER: The U.S. went on to put the first man on the moon 10 years later).

Epic find!
    "Nolo esse salus sine vobis ...” —St. Augustine

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to VertOlive For This Useful Post:

calamus (April 21st, 2019), Cob (May 21st, 2019), fountainpagan (April 25th, 2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,386 Times in 587 Posts

Thank you. Who'd a thunk Sum Gai had moved to the Ukraine?
    Quid rides? Mutato nomine de te fabula narratur. — Horace
    (What are you laughing at? Just change the name and the joke’s on you.)

Thanks

A very nice haul from the big vide-greniers at Autheuil-Authouillet in Normandy. Two Waterman Hemisphere rollerballs (green marbled) and a mechanical pencil (matte black), a Parker Insignia ballpoint, two lovely pink Sheaffer No Nonsense, an Edacoto in black celluloid, a blue marbled Stylomine 303 with the glass pushbutton and accordion sac, loads of Waterman Pro Graduates in mint condition, a Parker 45 which seems to be that elusive (to me, anyways) Rage red. And stuff.

Nicest surprise? A cheap but gorgeous ballpoint, the Ballograf Epoca, in black and chrome. I need to get a nicer refill for it though.

And a nice screwdriver and a Citizen watch. :-)

10. The Following User Says Thank You to amk For This Useful Post:

Lady Onogaro (May 18th, 2019)

Thanks

I just recently bought my 3rd Monte Verde, a Jewelria Executive, Black Chisel with a fine nib.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by calamus View Post

That is a great find. Congratulations!

Is it a Soyuz made pen?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,642 Times in 665 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by KBeezie View Post
    Received a Conklin Crescent Filler (probably a #20, it's 10.5cm uncapped up to the section lip, 13.5cm capped, just shy over 1cm thick on the barrel).

Unfortunately the Conklin nib on it has cracks on both sides of the breather hole from being sprung (so I'm on the lookout for a replacement semi-flex/flex nib that's 27mm x 6mm), went ahead and disassembled it to check all the insides, and sac seems to be holding good for 24 hours now (got it talc'd up), I'll seal the section again once I figure out the appropriate sac size and get it re-done new. (The seller has been rather upstanding in regards to the advertised flexible nib showing abuse)

My 'latest acquisition' is the replacement nib for the Conklin Crescent Filler.

Less tipping than the previous, but no cracks, scrapes or odd bending.

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to KBeezie For This Useful Post:

azkid (May 19th, 2019), Cob (May 21st, 2019), fountainpagan (May 27th, 2019), SchaumburgSwan (May 23rd, 2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,703 Times in 1,972 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cookedj View Post
    I just recently bought my 3rd Monte Verde, a Jewelria Executive, Black Chisel with a fine nib.
    I have the pocket version and I love the styling a lot:

- Will
    Unique and restored vintage pens: Redeem Pens

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to penwash For This Useful Post:

azkid (May 21st, 2019), fountainpagan (May 27th, 2019), Kaputnik (May 18th, 2019), Lady Onogaro (May 18th, 2019)

Thanks

Picked-up an Opus 88 Koloro, on sale, for just a little more than half the usual retail price, and also a Pilot Prera with CM nib. I rather like both pens, although the Koloro experiences more hard-starts than all my other pens combined -- it's pretty frustrating. The Prera, for a relatively inexpensive pen, is really wonderful. The CM nib is pretty amazing, really, but the pen itself is much smaller than I had been expecting. Still, it's a pleasure to use.

Thanks

Two very different pens; an Edacoto 'super' with a really weird indirect lever fill mechanism, a bit like a Waterman Ink Vue in its looks; and - after a long, long time saying no, I wasn't going to get one, I don't need one, I can't afford it.... a Pelikan m600 vibrant orange.

My next "I don't need it, I'm not going to get it" will probably be an Aurora Optima O Sole Mio... or a Delta Dolcevita bright orange...

Thanks

I bought a Jinhao 51A to cannibalize for parts. Not only did they send me the wrong pen, they sent me five wrong pens.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Thanked 11,042 Times in 4,011 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kulprit View Post
    I bought a Jinhao 51A to cannibalize for parts. Not only did they send me the wrong pen, they sent me five wrong pens.
    Thus confirming "Five wrongs don't make a write."
    "When Men differ in Opinion, both Sides ought equally to have the Advantage of being heard by the Publick;
    and that when Truth and Error have fair Play, the former is always an overmatch for the latter."

~ Benjamin Franklin

21. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Jon Szanto For This Useful Post:

amk (May 23rd, 2019), azkid (May 22nd, 2019), Kulprit (May 22nd, 2019), SchaumburgSwan (May 23rd, 2019), silverlifter (May 22nd, 2019), VertOlive (May 23rd, 2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 11,042 Times in 4,011 Posts

I'm about 6 months behind on my postings in this thread, but this one has to hit today. I also want to thank Jar for starting me down this road.

I don't employ the "G" word regarding my pens, but I've been on the hunt for this pen for 7 years: a rare 2003 Sheaffer Legacy 2 "Jim Gaston" Limited Edition in cobalt blue. Only 100 were made, and this one appears to be unused; the "B" marking on the back of the section is fresh. My quick photo capture barely does it justice, as the metal barrel has seven layers of blue lacquer on it, and changes look with every lighting. Very pleased with this one!

Last edited by Jon Szanto; May 23rd, 2019 at 12:13 PM.
    "When Men differ in Opinion, both Sides ought equally to have the Advantage of being heard by the Publick;
    and that when Truth and Error have fair Play, the former is always an overmatch for the latter."

~ Benjamin Franklin

23. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jon Szanto For This Useful Post:

amk (May 23rd, 2019), azkid (May 27th, 2019), Lady Onogaro (June 18th, 2019), VertOlive (May 23rd, 2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,703 Times in 822 Posts

Those look like Wing Sung 3008s and a 3001...? If so you should try them. I like mine...

Thanks

Hi there. I was given as a gift a Mont Blanc Meisterstuck Diamond ball point pen and I have absolutely no idea what value it might have. The ranges quoted appear to be very different. It is a 2010 model. It has a tiny diamond inset in the crown of the pen and it a really beautiful piece of work. I would be grateful if anyone had any ideas of the value for insurance purposes. Many thanks in advance.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by WILLNORTH View Post
    Hi there. I was given as a gift a Mont Blanc Meisterstuck Diamond ball point pen and I have absolutely no idea what value it might have. The ranges quoted appear to be very different. It is a 2010 model. It has a tiny diamond inset in the crown of the pen and it a really beautiful piece of work. I would be grateful if anyone had any ideas of the value for insurance purposes. Many thanks in advance.
    You are unlikely to receive any replies to your query. Members of this forum do not engage in the evaluation of pens for sale or insurance purposes. Enjoy the pen.

27. The Following User Says Thank You to Blue Note For This Useful Post:

carlos.q (May 28th, 2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,124 Times in 428 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by WILLNORTH View Post
    Your best bet is to go to ebay and under "advanced search" type in Montblanc diamond ball point and then select the "sold" button. That should get you a ballpark figure of what it is worth (or what someone is willing to pay for it.)

All the Best.
    Bucket list - walk the Camino de Santiago again

29. The Following User Says Thank You to junglejim For This Useful Post:

BlkWhiteFilmPix (July 9th, 2019)

Thanks

My last acquisition for a very long time...

Conid Regular flat top with ss EF Bock nib. (the Titanium F in cursive italic is on back order till August they tell me)

DSC_2055.jpg
    Last edited by jodylud; May 29th, 2019 at 06:09 AM.

31. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to jodylud For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

azkid (May 29th, 2019), da vinci (June 22nd, 2019), fountainpagan (May 29th, 2019), fountainpenkid (May 31st, 2019), Kaputnik (June 22nd, 2019), Lady Onogaro (July 30th, 2019), Lloyd (May 29th, 2019), SchaumburgSwan (May 30th, 2019), Scrawler (June 18th, 2019), silverlifter (May 29th, 2019), TAYLORPUPPY (July 14th, 2019), VertOlive (June 1st, 2019)