Page 253 of 290 FirstFirst ... 153203243251252253254255263 ... LastLast
Results 5,041 to 5,060 of 5792

Thread: What is your latest pen acquisition?

Thanks
    Thanked 11,067 Times in 4,019 Posts

Default Re: What is your latest pen acquisition?

Quote Originally Posted by penwash View Post
    Y'know, part of what I like about the OS Balance model is the lever filler. Something about the construction of that lever is a notch above standard. Reminds me of what I appreciate about the Conklin ones.
    Thanks, Will. Something about the length/width ratio and they were always well-plated. I also like the LF pens because if you have the opposite side of the barrel in view, it is one unbroken line, with no separation at the vac-fill knob. An interesting side story is that one of my best pen friends, Stacy Hills, has a similar love but *for* the plunger fillers, and Teri had one of each in Rose Glow. Unbeknownst to each other, we purchase our favored setup and are now Rose Glow twins!
    "When Men differ in Opinion, both Sides ought equally to have the Advantage of being heard by the Publick;
    and that when Truth and Error have fair Play, the former is always an overmatch for the latter."

~ Benjamin Franklin

Thanks

After watching Appelboom's interview with the CEO of Kaweco who thought the Dia2 was his most underrated pen, I decided to try one. It's really quite nice.

-Scot
    Last edited by AlohaPens; September 10th, 2021 at 02:25 PM.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AlohaPens For This Useful Post:

amk (September 11th, 2021), Jon Szanto (September 11th, 2021)

Thanks

I didn't expect to be back to this thread for a while, is gifting ok?

A few days past my birthday (due to customs holdup), the mail came from afar: my dear wife had been in cahoots with a penseller from the northern reaches of Scotland (Deb Gibson at Goodwriter Pen Sales, wife of our own Eachan). Very unique to my collection now are this handsome Mabie Todd "Swan" 0160 Leverless pen (UK, late 30s?) and an earlier Todd pencil from the US branch. The chatelaine pencil has the loveliest hand engraving pattern.

I am blessed by these objects from the past, and the beautiful people who gifted me with them.

"When Men differ in Opinion, both Sides ought equally to have the Advantage of being heard by the Publick;
    and that when Truth and Error have fair Play, the former is always an overmatch for the latter."

~ Benjamin Franklin

5. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Jon Szanto For This Useful Post:

amk (September 12th, 2021), BayesianPrior (September 11th, 2021), Cyril (September 29th, 2021), eachan (September 11th, 2021), FredRydr (September 11th, 2021), guyy (September 11th, 2021), mizgeorge (September 11th, 2021), penwash (September 11th, 2021), Yazeh (October 9th, 2021)

Thanks

Just ordered the TWSBI Swipe in Prussian Blue

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    Brad "Words are, of course, the most powerful drug used by mankind" - Rudyard Kipling

"None of us can have as many virtues as the fountain-pen, or half its cussedness; but we can try." - Mark Twain

Thanks

I got a "Tiger pen" for Belgium market done by Conway Stewart ( The nib is marked CS ) I am still waiting for the pen.

Thanks

I just got two packages of pens today - 12 Jinhao 599A which I rationalized because I needed one, and getting twelve for the price of two or three seemed the way to go.

The other package is a honking huge pen - NOS - I had one of these years ago and it disappeared. This one arrived with a bent - as in Fude - nib, when the one in the picture in the add was straight and nothing said otherwise.

Yeah, I will message the Ebay seller, but I think my best bets are between trying to find a humongous matching nib elsewhere and learning how to use the tip the way it is...

Thanks

I am waiting for a Fairchild dip pen holder and
    a waterman-Paris pen case with the "Tiger pen " in it. !!

Thanks
    Thanked 7,883 Times in 1,434 Posts

I am almost about to order a Pilot with Posting nib. I have already heard so much positive about this nib that it is only a matter of (short) time before I'll buy...
    from this point of view, I am kind of waiting as well

Thanks

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to lonelyboy888 For This Useful Post:

amk (October 8th, 2021), Blue Note (October 6th, 2021), Scrawler (October 6th, 2021), Yazeh (October 10th, 2021)

Thanks

That cool grey is very cool.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by christof View Post
    I am almost about to order a Pilot with Posting nib. I have already heard so much positive about this nib that it is only a matter of (short) time before I'll buy...
    from this point of view, I am kind of waiting as well
    The Custom 912 with a PO is simply amazing. Certainly different than a UEF, and rather fun, even on cheap paper. If you tire of the body, Flexible Nib Factory makes a housing that will convert the nib and feed into a Bock 250 (#6) unit. The only catch is that you’ll have to use it on a piston filler.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Radonactionservices For This Useful Post:

Blue Note (October 7th, 2021), Jon Szanto (October 10th, 2021), Yazeh (October 9th, 2021)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,192 Times in 1,422 Posts

Actually, I recently received one of my grail pens (from a seller here): Waterman Carene (black and gold) in medium. I was not sure I was going to own one of these because prices had nearly doubled over the past few years, and I could find no flash sales, either. But then this used one popped up here, just in my affordability range, and within the week it was inked and in my hand. It's still not the big one for my retirement, but I am quite .

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TSherbs For This Useful Post:

amk (October 8th, 2021), Jon Szanto (October 7th, 2021), Yazeh (October 9th, 2021)

Thanks

Just done restoring: a Parker Duofold Sr., 1931-32 in Burgundy and Black. I've always thought this was a handsome, subtle material, used near the end of the Duofold line, and when an example came along in fairly good condition, I bid on it. Cleaned up well, interesting pressure bar was in good order so new sac and it has found its forever home.

~ Benjamin Franklin

19. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Jon Szanto For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

amk (October 10th, 2021), Cyril (November 9th, 2021), da vinci (October 15th, 2021), eachan (October 10th, 2021), fountainpenkid (October 10th, 2021), mizgeorge (October 10th, 2021), penwash (October 10th, 2021), Scrawler (October 13th, 2021), silverlifter (October 10th, 2021), TSherbs (October 10th, 2021), usk15 (October 10th, 2021), Yazeh (October 10th, 2021)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,714 Times in 1,973 Posts

^^Gorgeous, Jon!
    What a pristine condition.
    - Will
    Unique and restored vintage pens: Redeem Pens

Thanks

^^Gorgeous, Jon!
    Thanks, Will. It was weird: the body was... rough-feeling, and I could not convince myself if there was some junk on it or it it had been at the bottom a a box with some dirt or something. I really bit the bullet and used a little micromesh on it (protecting the faint-ish imprint), onlly the finer grits, and finished with some Micro-gloss. It did turn out very handsomely and a good lesson for me. I now am deciding if this is the pen I try using heat on the blind cap (ebonite) to pull out a few teeth marks.

~ Benjamin Franklin

Thanks
    Thanked 6,426 Times in 2,518 Posts

Awesome pen. Congrats!

23. The Following User Says Thank You to FredRydr For This Useful Post:

Jon Szanto (October 10th, 2021)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Szanto View Post
    ^^Gorgeous, Jon!
    Thanks, Will. It was weird: the body was... rough-feeling, and I could not convince myself if there was some junk on it or it it had been at the bottom a a box with some dirt or something. I really bit the bullet and used a little micromesh on it (protecting the faint-ish imprint), onlly the finer grits, and finished with some Micro-gloss. It did turn out very handsomely and a good lesson for me. I now am deciding if this is the pen I try using heat on the blind cap (ebonite) to pull out a few teeth marks.
    You can try heating or bide your time and wait until you can get to Richard Lott's famous parts table at a pen show (LA maybe). He would probably a few pristine blind caps for you to pick from.
    - Will

25. The Following User Says Thank You to penwash For This Useful Post:

Jon Szanto (October 10th, 2021)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,426 Times in 2,518 Posts

Yesterday, I plucked from a fellow collector's pen case a vintage Conway Stewart, made of my favorite stuff! It has a stub nib! I haven't polished it yet. The sac was new some years ago, so I'll just have to see about that.

IMG_4139.jpeg

I took the photo after dark under an LED lamp.
    Last edited by FredRydr; October 10th, 2021 at 06:35 PM.

27. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to FredRydr For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

amk (October 11th, 2021), christof (October 11th, 2021), CrayonAngelss (October 11th, 2021), Cyril (November 9th, 2021), da vinci (October 15th, 2021), fountainpenkid (October 10th, 2021), Jon Szanto (October 10th, 2021), junglejim (October 11th, 2021), mizgeorge (October 10th, 2021), penwash (October 10th, 2021), Scrawler (October 13th, 2021), TSherbs (October 10th, 2021), Yazeh (October 10th, 2021)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by FredRydr View Post
    Yesterday, I plucked from a fellow collector's pen case a vintage Conway Stewart, made of my favorite stuff! It has a stub nib! I haven't polished it yet. The sac was new some years ago, so I'll just have to see about that.

IMG_4139.jpeg

I took the photo after dark under an LED lamp.
    EBONITE!
    Woodgrain EBONITE!!
    *That* pattern of Woodgrain EBONITE!!!

Woah!
    - Will

Thanks

EBONITE!
    Woodgrain EBONITE!!
    *That* pattern of Woodgrain EBONITE!!!

Woah!
    Yeah, it's like ebonite burl. Really something. You know, I don't own a *single* example of woodgrain or red (mottled or otherwise) ebonite. Next lifetime?

~ Benjamin Franklin