Thread: Pics from Central Ohio Pen Club Meeting - Part 1 of 2

Thanks

Default Pics from Central Ohio Pen Club Meeting - Part 1 of 2

The Central Ohio Pen Club held our regular monthly meeting Sunday when we celebrated our first anniversary by holding “Black Pen Day”. We had planned to FaceTime part of our meeting with the new Chicago North Branch Club, but unfortunately our venue’s technology failed us and we were not able to establish a connection. Our apologies to the Chicago crew. We hope they can at least enjoy sharing in our meeting vicariously via some pictures.

Our meeting started with a terrific surprise. Len Provisor kindly sent a large stack of vintage and contemporary blotters for our members so everyone went home with a gift.

And what’s a birthday/anniversary without cake?

It’s on to “Black Pen Day”. Go big or go home!

Here’s an interesting Pelikan Twist. This seems to be the love child of an Omas 360 and a Nakaya Decapod Twist, but it is apparently a rather inexpensive pen in Germany. Note the Lamy-like nib.

Hey! That’s not a black pen! Well, what do you expect when the owner’s name is Blue. She pointed out that her Esterbrook DOES have black in it, so all is good.

Pilot Falcon

More food! Donuts, a peace offering from a member who arrived late. Note that half were gone before I could even get there to take a picture!

Karas Custom Barstock K. The cap is aluminum while the barrel is Delryn (plastic)

WTF? Hey, we don’t judge! All pens are welcome!

Montblanc 146

Two Black Birds. Pelikan 805’s in Black and Stresemann

Please continue to Part 2 just below
    Last edited by whichwatch; March 12th, 2018 at 05:49 PM.

Thanks

Default Re: Pics from Central Ohio Pen Club Meeting - Part 1 of 2

Part 2 of 2

Shark! Made in China and complete with eyes, mouth, and gills.

If you’ve read this far, a member needs help. Her black Montblanc was originally her mother’s, and she’d like to know what model it is, and perhaps the approximate age.

One of the new Conklin DuraFlex pens that sold out in three hours at Goulet

Lest we be accused of being unidimensional, here is a non-black pen that is really different. This pen featured a double helix inside! If I wrote this down correctly, the material is by Carolina Pen, the body including the double helix was 3D printed by Addictive Pens, and the cap and grip section turned by Fisher Pens.

Our next meeting will be Sunday April 8 when our theme will be European Pens. Bring your pens from UK, Germany, and Italy for Show & Tell. And if you have any from Andorra, Lichtenstein, or other European countries, bring those too! I have two from Spain I’ll be bringing!

Sunday April 8, 2 to 4 PM
    Columbus Metro Library – Northern Lights Branch
    4093 Cleveland Ave
    Columbus

Guests, prospective members, and interested parties are all welcome! Come join the fun!

Visit our Facebook page (Central Ohio Pens)

Add your email to our list at www.ohiopens.org to receive notice of future meetings
    Last edited by whichwatch; March 12th, 2018 at 05:54 PM.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to whichwatch For This Useful Post:

Robert (March 12th, 2018)

Thanks

Default Re: Pics from Central Ohio Pen Club Meeting - Part 1 of 2

That Montblanc looks like a Noblesse Oblige. I inherited a blue one from my father.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk