Thread: Ducks on the pond... pond too big

Thanks

Default Ducks on the pond... pond too big

Anyone ever place an order for a pen in another continent that will take a month to arrive... and while still in transit place another order and another in foreign continents? In the base case, waiting a month for a pen is disturbing, but things are worse with multiple pens, especially when purchasing subsequent pens based on the (alleged) benefit of the first pen that still has not arrived.

Any stories about multiple pens in transit that did not end well?

Thanks

Default Re: Ducks on the pond... pond too big

Worrying is one of my favorite hobbies, and I'm not the only one, it seems. On the other hand, worrying about whether something will come in the mail has never been a big thing with me, perhaps because I've been a writer all my adult life and have lived on the postal service, envelopes and boxes whizzing around, pictures, books, pens arriving and departing.

I live in California and have expected pens from England, France, Belgium, and Germany, all of which have arrived. The only pen that didn't arrive was from a seller in the United States.

Anyone who stops worrying about pens arriving in the mail can get upset about other pen problems. As with falling in love, there is lots of excitement available, some happy, some not.

Thanks

Amen.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,570 Times in 695 Posts

I live in the U.S. From memory, I have had pens on order from the Netherlands, Germany, China, and Japan, although not all at once. As I recall, the one from the Netherlands got here faster than some from U.S. Dealers, and none of the others took long enough to make me seriously nervous. No real problems, partly a matter of luck, no doubt.

In many cases, I've taken the risk because I could get a lower price from overseas dealers.
    "If a thing is worth doing, it is worth doing badly."
    G.K. Chesterton

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tseg View Post
    Anyone ever place an order for a pen in another continent that will take a month to arrive... and while still in transit place another order and another in foreign continents? In the base case, waiting a month for a pen is disturbing, but things are worse with multiple pens, especially when purchasing subsequent pens based on the (alleged) benefit of the first pen that still has not arrived.

Any stories about multiple pens in transit that did not end well?

Has happened....and....Yes.....

Hmm..no one has a bead on me...therefore..'tis Christmas......

Currently have pens arriving from Spain..Italy..India..United States of America......

As my friend use to say....."What, me worry?" Hell No.....

Fred

Thanks

OK, so one of my pens from Japan is now in the US as of 3 days ago but still not to me, it looks like another has not yet left Japan, and now I have a 3rd somewhere in the US en route to me from France, to be delivered tomorrow. Looking forward to going from a Metropolitan & TWSBI to adding a Pilot Custom 823 Smoke fine, Sailor King of Pen Pro Gear black/rhodium bold and Waterman Carene Black Sea/Gold fine. Call me crazy or boring, but I much prefer black pens to colored ones. I'm also hopeful when these pens arrive I still won't have a 'next up' idea floating in my head.

Thanks

I live in California and a seller shipped a pen to me from Israel (Ebay seller). He shipped last Sunday and it arrived Wednesday (3 days)! I was impressed.

Thanks

Only 1 pen left to arrive from Japan. Unfortunately I'm already thinking about should next up be the Pelikan M800 or M1000... not even "should I get a Pelikan?"

Thanks
    Thanked 1,254 Times in 562 Posts

I bought a pen from Japan, and despite my living in the middle of nowhere, in Canada, it took just 3 days to arrive. I have received items from The Netherlands which only took 5 days. Other than these freak incidents it generally takes 3-5 weeks from most places. The US is generally the slowest, with the last one taking 5 weeks.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,175 Times in 698 Posts

I bought several pens from Germany. I eventually got the pens, but it took several weeks.