Thread: Presentation for reviews - ( First Chinese FP is here ) critique me !

Thanks

Default Presentation for reviews - ( First Chinese FP is here ) critique me !

Camera is a very old Pentax K10D with an even older 50mm F2.8 A ( 1:2 ) Macro Lens ( I have better photography gear )
    But just wondering what sort of angles I should be going for and detail I should be after .

I know the NIB is important , and a better 1:1 macro lens might be in order .. ( Closer detail )

Thanks

Cool Re: Presentation for reviews - ( First Chinese FP is here ) critique me !

Looks fairly decent, some nice (even if derivative) details; nib and writing quality report, please!

Thanks
    Thanked 4,804 Times in 1,697 Posts

Default Re: Presentation for reviews - ( First Chinese FP is here ) critique me !

Your pictures are already very good, at least for me percepted on professional level.

I notice your really good lighting, how does your setup look like?

Unfortunately I‘m a novice photographer (which nevertheless tries to produce as good pictures as possible with my humble knowledge) and not qualified to give you any improving advice.

Thanks

Default Re: Presentation for reviews - ( First Chinese FP is here ) critique me !

Lighting = Drinky cup solution ...
    I am rather active or was on Pentax Forums ..
    My interest lies mainly in Macro Photography , and I dare say I am halfway decent .
    These photos were quick and dirty , I was just trying out angels and presenting the pen as well as possible .. Haven't really tried to present pens before .
    Sorry , there will be actual reviews in the future , most likely video reviews combined with some macro stills of the pens NIB .
    I am still formulating how to present the reviews ( content ) , I am kind of leaning towards 3 different types of paper simply because of the nature of the FP . ( How much ink it lays down )
    + my memories of FP's from 4 decades ago .

Drinky Cup flash = https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/...cro-flash.html

I will most likely have to filter the light to make it less harsh for PEN photography .

Sorry . was just looking for feedback on presentation , Improving it .

Spent a bit of time reading / watching reviews and I am just trying to work out how I will do it . Not quite ready to do a review just yet , I need to line up my jelly beans first .

Thanks
    Thanked 10,464 Times in 4,005 Posts

The pictures are good, there is no denying that. However, for an item being sold on an ebay or a Classified listing I prefer a plain background. The more busy the background is, the harder it is to see the item for sale.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Chrissy View Post
    The pictures are good, there is no denying that. However, for an item being sold on an ebay or a Classified listing I prefer a plain background. The more busy the background is, the harder it is to see the item for sale.
    Yes , a plain background would be good ... Something that absorbs light ( dark texture )

Thanks

Been playing , and ?? I think I got it about right the first time ... ( Can't improve on it , not with the lighting I have )
    Anyhow , pulled out my 2:1 macro rig , and took some ? ( NIB Slips ? )

Hmmmm , I think I definitely need to include NIB Slips .. ( In a review )

Thanks

I will not criticize your presentation. I found it quite interesting and informative, but I would add some color to the slides to make it more visually appealing. Here on this source https://masterbundles.com/templates/...rpoint/nature/ there are ready-made templates on various topics, they can be used when preparing a presentation. Pay attention, suddenly you find it useful for yourself.
    Last edited by Mık Joger; October 6th, 2022 at 12:11 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 10,464 Times in 4,005 Posts

This spammer is still here resurrecting old and dead threads. Reported again.
    Regards, Chrissy | My Review Blog: inkyfountainpens

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Chrissy For This Useful Post:

INeedAFinancialAdvisor (October 6th, 2022), Lloyd (October 6th, 2022), welch (October 9th, 2022)

Thanks

From personal experience, I was convinced that making a presentation is not as difficult as it might seem at first glance. Especially with templates. The main thing is to choose the right ones so that they harmoniously fit into your theme. Have a look at some of these types of templates on this source https://masterbundles.com/templates/...yber-security/ Anyway, this is a very useful resource for both web design professionals and casual fans of experimenting with presentations and looking for ways to bring them to perfection.
    Last edited by Mık Joger; November 8th, 2022 at 10:27 AM.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,852 Times in 806 Posts

Spammer's back… Reported.
    Last edited by carlos.q; November 6th, 2022 at 07:42 PM.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to carlos.q For This Useful Post:

dneal (November 6th, 2022)

Thanks

Hello to everyone! I recently also created my first brand and made a presentation for reviews. One thing I've realized is the importance of using professional tools like slidepeak.com to make flawless presentations. It saves you from unnecessary criticism and ensures your presentation looks top-notch. Give it a shot for your next presentation!
    Last edited by Mık Joger; April 3rd, 2024 at 04:03 AM.