Thread: [UPDATED May 7] FPGeeks Forum now accepting Paypal donations

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,837 Times in 439 Posts

Default [UPDATED May 7] FPGeeks Forum now accepting Paypal donations

I recently changed the donation plugin to add a few new features. The first is the sidebar widget that displays the latest donations:
    Snap41.jpg

There's also the option to donate anonymously and/or choose to disclose your donation amount:
    Snap42.jpg

I've contacted all the donors who used the previous method and asked if they'd like to be anonymous and/or disclose their amount. Those amounts you see right now are from users who donated using the new donation plugin and chose to disclose their amount.

User who donate are added to a new group called FPG Donors who are allowed to see a complete contribution list but amounts will be hidden:
    Snap46.jpg

You can also view all of your contributions:
    Snap47.jpg

All users who donate will also have the option of adding 'FPG Donor ♕' under their username. It shouldn't automatically do this. If it does, please let me know. You can change or add this title in User Settings:
    Snap48.jpg

For reference, the notes about the old plugin can be revealed below:
    Spoiler: 
    At the request of some users we have added the ability to donate using Paypal. The link is under the main menu bar:
    CapturFiles-05-30-2013_05.30.38.jpg
    You can choose to donate whatever amount you wish. Once your donation has been verified you'll be add to the FPG Donor Group and will be able to change the title under your username to FPG Donor ♕, as can be seen under my name to the left.

If you have any questions just drop 'em down below.
    Last edited by dannzeman; May 7th, 2013 at 08:28 AM. Reason: Changed the plugin, new instructions

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dannzeman For This Useful Post:

Bogon07 (May 5th, 2013), caribbean_skye (May 6th, 2013)