Thread: Just Paper

Thanks
    Thanked 1,927 Times in 842 Posts

Default Just Paper

I love paper. I remember the creamy lined paper in school jotters and the large, unlined hardback notebooks we used for science and geography, in which we had to do drawings as well as text.

Nowadays my needs are different. I use 100 GSM cream-coloured paper in the printer and I like to write on that when seated at my desk. Usually, however, I write with my notebook on my knee and for that I need hard-covered, spiral-back books. I write a tremendous amount most days and I can't afford to buy the quantity of expensive paper that requires. I use Tiger A5 80 GSM notebooks, the pages light blue in colour and unlined. They are inexpensive and come from Amazon. Amazon is totally untrustworthy and drops things from their range for no evident reason. I will be aggrieved if they discontinue those lovely Tiger books.

I prefer unlined paper. It does not constrict or restrict me. I am not told where and how to write nor am I reminded of school! Of course a person should be able to write on any reasonable paper and I can. There was a while there that I bought vintage writing sets from eBay because I love that old paper and the smaller envelopes that people used in times gone by. I use up that paper in correspondence. Some of it is lined but I carefully ignore the restrictions of the lines. I am a rebel at heart.
    Regards,
    Deb
    My Blog

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Deb For This Useful Post:

Chrissy (March 18th, 2018), JPCPTx (March 24th, 2018), Lady Onogaro (March 18th, 2018), writingrav (March 18th, 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 10,361 Times in 3,977 Posts

Default Re: Just Paper

I love paper too. I have a ridiculous number of different notebooks, envelopes and writing paper, and I love to try and use them all. Sadly, since the end of InCoWriMo, there has been a lull in my correspondence. I've had to start making envelopes to occupy my time with paper.

I received a wonderful envelope from one of my regular correspondents, lined with a thicker tissue paper than I've ever seen here in the UK. I've had to very carefully remove it from the used envelope so that I can repurpose it as a liner. Then I copied the envelope, so that I could be sure to have one that it would fit into. I don't have anyone particular in mind for it yet, but hope to use it very soon.

Thanks

That sounds like an exceptional envelope, Chrissy. Glad to hear that there's another paper fanatic!
    Regards,
    Deb
    My Blog

Thanks
    Thanked 6,390 Times in 2,505 Posts

Except for vintage airmail envelopes, I've had to stop buying paper so that correspondence catches up. (Imagine taking that stance in regard to ink.)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by FredRydr View Post
    Except for vintage airmail envelopes, I've had to stop buying paper so that correspondence catches up. (Imagine taking that stance in regard to ink.)
    Yes, it comes to that point. I have an entire cabinet filled with paper and envelopes. I may get through it all if I'm quite long-lived.
    Regards,
    Deb
    My Blog

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Deb View Post
    That sounds like an exceptional envelope, Chrissy. Glad to hear that there's another paper fanatic!
    Yes, it comes to that point. I have an entire cabinet filled with paper and envelopes. I may get through it all if I'm quite long-lived.
    I'm not going to get through all of my ink, that's for certain. Whether I'll need to buy more paper or not remains to be seen. Whenever I visit Florida, I can't keep away from Hobby Lobby.

Deb, if you would like to receive a note in this envelope that contains thick green tissue, sent to me by Fred, I just need you to PM me your address.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,390 Times in 2,505 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Chrissy View Post
    ...envelope that contains thick green tissue, sent to me by Fred....
    Oh, that's G. Lalo.

Thanks

...envelope that contains thick green tissue, sent to me by Fred....
    Oh, that's G. Lalo.
    Thank you. That's worth knowing.

Thanks

I'm not going to get through all of my ink, that's for certain. Whether I'll need to buy more paper or not remains to be seen. Whenever I visit Florida, I can't keep away from Hobby Lobby.

Deb, if you would like to receive a note in this envelope that contains thick green tissue, sent to me by Fred, I just need you to PM me your address.
    That's very kind of you, Chrissy. I've sent a PM.
    Regards,
    Deb
    My Blog