Thread: Brand New OMAS Marconi Limited Edition Blue

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks

Default Brand New OMAS Marconi Limited Edition Blue

Available for sale is a brand new OMAS Marconi, limited edition #964 of 4000.

This OMAS was released in 1995 to commemorate the "Cento Anni di Radio 1885-1995", the 100th birthday since the invention of the radio, credited to Guglielmo Marconi.

The pen is made of a beautiful midnight blue resin with inlaid silver colored rings, a gold-plated cap and cap ring. It is fitted with a 18K Fine nib and intricate ornamentation.

The pen comes with all original booklets, filling instructions, suede pouch and a wooden presentation box.

Asking Price: Market Price is $750 but get it here for Only $415 shipped within the US.

IMG_9683.JPGIMG_9685.JPGomas-nib.jpgIMG_9681.JPG

Thanks

Default Re: Brand New OMAS Marconi Limited Edition Blue

whatever you do, buyers, make sure it's perfect and what you were expecting and do not use paypal friends & family. be sure to check for undisclosed cracks and breaks repaired with super glue.
    Last edited by fpnut; March 29th, 2018 at 10:38 AM.

3. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to fpnut For This Useful Post:

fpink (March 30th, 2018), InkyAccountant (March 29th, 2018), krishh88 (March 29th, 2018), LadyMay (November 29th, 2019), tadamonoron (March 29th, 2018), TheRealYossarian (March 30th, 2018)

Thanks

Wow! That really sounds like a warning of Buyer Beware?

5. The Following User Says Thank You to McKool For This Useful Post:

fpnut (March 30th, 2018)

Thanks

Hello Pamela,
    A couple of bullets for you:
    1. You purchased an Aurora pen from me on May 12, 2017, almost a full year ago.
    2. Should you have brought up any issue to my attention, within a reasonable time frame, I would have immediately refunded your money.
    3. You will agree that I have no control and thus no responsibility on how you handled the pen over the last year.
    4. 100% of my reviews both on FPN and FPG are positive (were, since now you decided to leave a negative one). I also know personally many people in the community, so any intent to smear my name is futile.

I am very sorry you are now experiencing issues with the pen, but you will have to reason logically.

Regards,

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Aurora For This Useful Post:

fpnut (March 30th, 2018), s_t_e_v_e (March 30th, 2018)

Thanks

take a look at the sale photos. they speak for themselves and you knew. you did not disclose. period. by wanting friends and family you violated rules. you wanted it because you knew. you had to know. you owned and sold the pen. it was presale.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by fpnut View Post
    take a look at the sale photos. they speak for themselves and you knew. you did not disclose. period. by wanting friends and family you violated rules. you wanted it because you knew. you had to know. you owned and sold the pen. it was presale.
    My experience was quite the opposite. I examined the pen as soon as I received it, under a bright light and it was flawless. It wrote perfectly too.
    I have seen a few threads here and there about cracks developing specifically on Aurora pens. So yes, I believe that this can happen with Aurora pens.

The question remains, when did you notice the issue? And why did you not inspect the pen as soon as you received it and report it to the seller if you were dissatisfied?
    I have been on both ends of the table (not with this seller but others) and things were sorted out amicably. I have no reason to believe this seller (Rani aka Aurora) would let a problem go unresolved.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to s_t_e_v_e For This Useful Post:

Aurora (April 1st, 2018), fpnut (March 30th, 2018)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by s_t_e_v_e View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by fpnut View Post
    My experience was quite the opposite. I examined the pen as soon as I received it, under a bright light and it was flawless. It wrote perfectly too.
    I have seen a few threads here and there about cracks developing specifically on Aurora pens. So yes, I believe that this can happen with Aurora pens.

The question remains, when did you notice the issue? And why did you not inspect the pen as soon as you received it and report it to the seller if you were dissatisfied?
    I have been on both ends of the table (not with this seller but others) and things were sorted out amicably. I have no reason to believe this seller (Rani aka Aurora) would let a problem go unresolved.
    thank you, Steve. I appreciate your perspective and input. very much not my experience. kind of tacky using my real name since I'm a very private person, however, now I feel no compunction not to answer questions. I now feel free and I have the seller to thank.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to fpnut For This Useful Post:

LadyMay (November 29th, 2019)

Thanks

oh and check your review score again. I was one of your 3 100% ratings.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by McKool View Post
    Wow! That really sounds like a warning of Buyer Beware?
    since the seller has gone fully public, and has attacked me privately and demeaned me, even going so far as to mock and laugh at me, I will answer this.

it is what it seems, a warning of sorts. I couldn't, in good conscious, not report what happened, though I did try to do it gently. simply by suggesting these things for potential buyers after the seller tried to put it on me. several well-known pen people who repair pens have reviewed this issue for me and advised me that not only was it pre-sale, but even how it likely broke and that the fix done by the seller or his friend wasn't a good one. there was ZERO disclosure about a feed holder crack that I found within days that he also denied, but ultimately provided a replacement once I proved with his own photos as proof it was there pre-sale and not my fault, and then to my horror, a botched pre-sale crack repair that didn't last beyond one inking and cleaning. the pen also leaked everywhere, including behind the feed after the inking. the ink that wouldn't come off of the section gave it away visually until it came apart in my hands and I could see the crack and bad, bad repair even better.

my fault was being relatively new on this forum, and using f&f, and being too sick after two surgeries to do anything with the pen until recently. I have purchased several other lovely pens without issue here. the real problem here, beyond the cost and inconvenience of any repair I might seek, is the NON-DISCLOSURE of the crack in the feed holder, and the break in the section that was glued very poorly. the seller also tried to say that's how Aurora makes these pens, they glue them together. also untrue according to my sources who know, repair, and own the model. ymmv

I originally sought only to caution others based on my experience about the non-disclosure. image and original purchase attached.

https://fpgeeks.com/forum/showthread...448#post208448

finally, my apologies for no caps. my hands are arthritic and I have carpal tunnel. need to preserve what I have for my work. your understanding please with any grammatical, spelling, or punctuation errors.

image.png

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fpnut For This Useful Post:

katherine (March 30th, 2018), LadyMay (November 29th, 2019)

Thanks

That surely looks like a glued crack to me and it's not disclosed. I've never heard of Aurora or any pen maker who glue two threads into one...... On the other hand, even if you used the "pay for goods" option in Paypal, I suspect the buyer's protection will cover this long after purchase. Since this has gone fully public, you may consider posting in the "market watch" section, which I think is a better place to sort things out and for future reference.

17. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mmd For This Useful Post:

fpnut (March 30th, 2018), katherine (March 30th, 2018), LadyMay (November 29th, 2019), TheOracle (March 30th, 2018)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mmd View Post
    That surely looks like a glued crack to me and it's not disclosed. I've never heard of Aurora or any pen maker who glue two threads into one...... On the other hand, even if you used the "pay for goods" option in Paypal, I suspect the buyer's protection will cover this long after purchase. Since this has gone fully public, you may consider posting in the "market watch" section, which I think is a better place to sort things out and for future reference.
    thank you for your tips. I had no idea what to do. this is very helpful and I will do so.

Thanks

First, my apologies to all forum members for bringing this post at the top of the list one last time. Sorry to all buyers, however, I do feel the need to address the multiple inaccuracies of this frivolous claim. I will address them one by one and will close the thread:

1. I am very sorry that you are having issues with your Aurora pen, and sorry for using your name instead of “fpnut”. It was an oversight on my part as that is how I addressed you through our recent correspondence. However, most will agree that your privacy and anonymity are still safe, with probably several millions of Pamelas in the world …
    2. Regarding your “attacked and demeaned” comment: I would be completely comfortable if the entirety of our communication was made public. Yes, someone was trying to remain amicable, while the other was furiously attacking and threatening. It seems that you got the two mixed up.

3. The option selected for the Paypal payment has no effect on my side. I am always receiving the same amount. You, instead, were given the choice to cover the paypal fees, or save a few dollars using the family and friends option. You decided to pick the latter, never forced.

4. You mentioned sending your pen to multiple “famous” repair people. Not one, but several of them. If this is true, I doubt that the opinions you received were from professionals. Because, yes, Aurora does use 2 part epoxy to glue the section to the thread. Some cracking issues have been reported on multiple forums. It is unfortunately an issue that can happen with Aurora pens. However, if no "glued crack" were disclosed in the listing, that is because there were no repair intent of any kind made on this pen. The pen you received was in perfect working condition when it left my hands.

5. If you and your expert friends can clearly see a defect from the listing images, wouldn’t the issue be even more glaring in person? Why not contact me upon reception and inspection of the pen? I would have happily refunded you and paid return shipping for the pen ….Why wait 11 months ? 11 months …
    6. Because you chose to bring this issue to light almost a full year later, how can I not suspect that the issues you mention arose through mishandling and inadequate care of the pen.

Ps: Steve, thank you very much for the kind words. I am glad you are enjoying your Optima. Our pleasant exchange is far more typical, thankfully.

The post will be marked as "sold" to put an end to the disruption of the sales section. Apologies again.