Thread: Long Island Pen Show - 21 & 22 April 2018 at Hofstra University campus

Thanks
    Thanked 6,443 Times in 2,523 Posts

Default Long Island Pen Show - 21 & 22 April 2018 at Hofstra University campus

http://www.lipenshow.com

I plan to be there with a vendor table. Rick is planning to bring some nice vintage pen cabinets, too.

Fred
    Last edited by FredRydr; March 28th, 2018 at 01:12 PM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to FredRydr For This Useful Post:

Frank (April 11th, 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,290 Times in 837 Posts

Default Re: Long Island Pen Show - 21 & 22 April 2018 at Hofstra University campus

SOON !!!!

Can't wait for the hometown show.... No having to fly in lol

Thanks

Default Re: Long Island Pen Show - 21 & 22 April 2018 at Hofstra University campus

One week to go!

Look for my tables!
    New Brands! New Products!

Stay Tuned!

Frank
    Fed Pens
    "When, in the course of writing events, it becomes self-evident that not all pens are created equal" (Federalist Frank)

Owner-
    http://federalistpensonline.com (Online Pen Store)
    (5% Discount for FPG Members! Use Code "FPG" at checkout!)

Follow store/forum at
    Linked-In!
    Like Us on
    Facebook !

Thanks
    Thanked 3,496 Times in 1,753 Posts

Who attended? How was it? Reports, anyone?
    My other pen is a Montblanc.

And my other blog is a tumblr!

And my latest ebook, for spooky wintery reading:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0CM2NGSSD

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sailor Kenshin View Post
    I didn't see you this year! I had a table on Saturday (only), and it was busy with crowded aisles. Alas, I didn't have a multitude of sales. Despite its smaller size, usually the LI show is the most lucrative of the year, but not 2018. Behind us, the Bungubox ink people who came all the way from Japan had a display of their wares. Wile E Coyote showed me a bottle of their ink he was happy to snag without having to order from across the globe. Ron Zorn had a lever box for my DeLaRue; what a find! I met one of my pen pals, and that was cool. There's a big black Sheaffer black top with a wonderful EF flex nib that I wanted, but I restrained myself. There was a crowd around the Kennedy's tables waiting for pen repairs and nib grinding. I forgot to buy more No. 18 sacs. Finally, I wanted to be on the other end of the Verazzano bridge by 5:00 for a Sri Lankan dinner on Staten Island with other FPGeeks, so I packed up and left at 3:30. Bad news: someone opted for a five-finger discount of an Esterbrook from my table. Last year it was my packet of N.O.S. Montblanc celluloid-era ebonite feeds that disappeared. I have more trouble with theft at that show. Nonetheless, I'll be back next year.
    Last edited by FredRydr; April 24th, 2018 at 06:56 AM.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,496 Times in 1,753 Posts

Thanks for the report; we couldn't attend this year due to last-minute surprise guests from out of town.

It sounds like it was fun, and I would have loved the Bungubox table, but yikes. Theft? Very sorry to hear that.
    My other pen is a Montblanc.

And my other blog is a tumblr!

And my latest ebook, for spooky wintery reading:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0CM2NGSSD

Thanks
    Thanked 6,731 Times in 1,976 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FredRydr View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sailor Kenshin View Post
    I didn't see you this year! I had a table on Saturday (only), and it was busy with crowded aisles. Alas, I didn't have a multitude of sales. Despite its smaller size, usually the LI show is the most lucrative of the year, but not 2018. Behind us, the Bungubox ink people who came all the way from Japan had a display of their wares. Wile E Coyote showed me a bottle of their ink he was happy to snag without having to order from across the globe. Ron Zorn had a lever box for my DeLaRue; what a find! I met one of my pen pals, and that was cool. There's a big black Sheaffer black top with a wonderful EF flex nib that I wanted, but I restrained myself. There was a crowd around the Kennedy's tables waiting for pen repairs and nib grinding. I forgot to buy more No. 18 sacs. Finally, I wanted to be on the other end of the Verazzano bridge by 5:00 for a Sri Lankan dinner on Staten Island with other FPGeeks, so I packed up and left at 3:30. Bad news: someone opted for a five-finger discount of an Esterbrook from my table. Last year it was my packet of N.O.S. Montblanc celluloid-era ebonite feeds that disappeared. I have more trouble with theft at that show. Nonetheless, I'll be back next year.
    Thanks for the report, Fred. I always enjoy reports from pen shows, wish I live close to more than just one.

Do you see the rise in numbers of younger attendees this year?

And sorry for your Esterbrook loss.
    - Will
    Unique and restored vintage pens: Redeem Pens

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by penwash View Post
    Do you see the rise in numbers of younger attendees this year?

And sorry for your Esterbrook loss.
    I don't know if there was an increase of young attendees, but hands down, Long Island has more young people than any show. Of course, it is held in the student union building of a university, with dining areas in the same building, so it's not surprising.

Sadly, the swiped Esterbrook wasn't even my pen, but a friend's pen who asked to put his half-dozen pens on my table. It was a pretty pen, but certainly not the most valuable item on display.