Thread: Just Be Aware It Happened to Me

Thanks

Default Just Be Aware It Happened to Me

note - original post on thread below. slight modifications to this one for clarity and placing here.

since the seller has gone fully public, revealed my real name on a thread, and has attacked me privately and demeaned me, even going so far as to mock and laugh at me, I will put this here, as advised by one respondent to my post.

https://fpgeeks.com/forum/showthread...464#post235464

I couldn't, in good conscious, not report what happened, though I did try to do it gently. simply by suggesting these things for potential buyers after the seller tried to put it on me. several well-known pen people who repair pens have reviewed this issue for me and advised me that not only was it pre-sale, but even how it likely broke and that the fix done by the seller or his friend wasn't a good one. there was ZERO disclosure about a feed holder crack that I found within days that he also denied, but ultimately provided a replacement once I proved with his own photos as proof it was there pre-sale and not my fault, and then to my horror, a botched pre-sale crack repair that didn't last beyond one inking and cleaning. the pen also leaked everywhere, including behind the feed after the inking. the ink that wouldn't come off of the section gave it away visually until it came apart in my hands and I could see the crack and bad, bad repair even better.

my fault was being relatively new on this forum, and using f&f, and being too sick after two surgeries to do anything with the pen until recently. I have purchased several other lovely pens without issue here. the real problem here, beyond the cost and inconvenience of any repair I might seek, is the NON-DISCLOSURE of the crack in the feed holder, and the break in the section that was glued very poorly. the seller also tried to say that's how Aurora makes these pens, they glue them together. also untrue according to my sources who know, repair, and own the model. ymmv

I originally sought only to caution others based on my experience about the non-disclosure. image and original purchase attached.

https://fpgeeks.com/forum/showthread...448#post208448

finally, my apologies for no caps. my hands are arthritic and I have carpal tunnel. need to preserve what I have for my work. your understanding please with any grammatical, spelling, or punctuation errors. if this violates any rules, I am happy to edit or remove.
    Attachment 38884

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fpnut For This Useful Post:

TheOracle (March 30th, 2018), titrisol (August 20th, 2018)

Thanks

Default Re: Just Be Aware It Happened to Me

this seller has shown up on fpgeeks again. please be very careful if you deal with him. do not use friends and family with him unless you inspect the pen before purchase and payment.
    Quote Originally Posted by fpnut View Post
    note - original post on thread below. slight modifications to this one for clarity and placing here.

since the seller has gone fully public, revealed my real name on a thread, and has attacked me privately and demeaned me, even going so far as to mock and laugh at me, I will put this here, as advised by one respondent to my post.

https://fpgeeks.com/forum/showthread...464#post235464

I couldn't, in good conscious, not report what happened, though I did try to do it gently. simply by suggesting these things for potential buyers after the seller tried to put it on me. several well-known pen people who repair pens have reviewed this issue for me and advised me that not only was it pre-sale, but even how it likely broke and that the fix done by the seller or his friend wasn't a good one. there was ZERO disclosure about a feed holder crack that I found within days that he also denied, but ultimately provided a replacement once I proved with his own photos as proof it was there pre-sale and not my fault, and then to my horror, a botched pre-sale crack repair that didn't last beyond one inking and cleaning. the pen also leaked everywhere, including behind the feed after the inking. the ink that wouldn't come off of the section gave it away visually until it came apart in my hands and I could see the crack and bad, bad repair even better.

my fault was being relatively new on this forum, and using f&f, and being too sick after two surgeries to do anything with the pen until recently. I have purchased several other lovely pens without issue here. the real problem here, beyond the cost and inconvenience of any repair I might seek, is the NON-DISCLOSURE of the crack in the feed holder, and the break in the section that was glued very poorly. the seller also tried to say that's how Aurora makes these pens, they glue them together. also untrue according to my sources who know, repair, and own the model. ymmv

I originally sought only to caution others based on my experience about the non-disclosure. image and original purchase attached.

https://fpgeeks.com/forum/showthread...448#post208448

finally, my apologies for no caps. my hands are arthritic and I have carpal tunnel. need to preserve what I have for my work. your understanding please with any grammatical, spelling, or punctuation errors. if this violates any rules, I am happy to edit or remove.
    Attachment 38884

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fpnut For This Useful Post:

LadyMay (November 29th, 2019), stub (August 19th, 2018)

Thanks

Default Re: Just Be Aware It Happened to Me

Now, I'm not taking sides in this particular arguement, it seems very much in need of more proof on the part of both parties; however, when one is a buyer, one must be very prepared to say 'no' and just walk away - and sellers should do their best not to be unreasonable with buyers e.g. give options for payment that allow objective scrutiny.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SIR For This Useful Post:

Chemyst (September 15th, 2018), dfo (August 21st, 2018), NibsForScript (August 22nd, 2018)