Thread: Woes of a cracked Visconti Opera

Thanks

Default Woes of a cracked Visconti Opera

Good time o’ day, ladies and gentlemen.

Now, not being a big FP person myself, trough not at all a stranger, I come to this venerable community seeking assistance.

Here is the short of it: few days back I happened to find my late father’s Visconti Opera. Sadly, she’s in a bad shape. (See pictures) Now, scrubbing her out and gluing loose back end is not a problem. Cracked cap is, however. I can’t see any reasonable way to completely restore it, to be honest. Now, I get it, she’s just an Opera Black, no Typhoon, Divina or Homo Sapiens, but still – little acrylic girl holds some sentimental value to me. Plus, as I recall form way back – she’s a pretty smooth writer too, even with that 14k F nib on her, shame to just toss her in the drawer.

So the question is – any of you guys or someone you know happened to have a proper cap for her stowed away somewhere, maybe from damaged or lost pen? I’m pretty interested in acquiring one, money and gratitude are involved, of course. Some obscure manufacturer/supplier, may be?
    Addressing Visconti directly is sadly not an option, with all the paperwork long gone and being located where I am.

P.S. Yes, I’m aware that WTB and repair sub-forums exist, but well… I feel this is a bit unspecific somehow. Still, I submit to mod’s discretion.

With respect,
    Kirill R.

Thanks
    Thanked 10,367 Times in 3,978 Posts

Default Re: Woes of a cracked Visconti Opera

I think Visconti is a possible option. However, it will take a while and won't be free. They can still repair pens that are out of warranty.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Chrissy For This Useful Post:

spycraftexarch (April 15th, 2018)

Thanks

Default Re: Woes of a cracked Visconti Opera

Yes, I would say that if you are in the US, contact Coles of London. There's a $35 assessment fee, but they are generally pretty good about being able to repair pens if the material is still available.