Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: rubendh SCAM.. Two Sides to Every Story

Thanks

Default rubendh SCAM.. Two Sides to Every Story

Buyer(rubendh) provided false/incorrect shipping address on international shipment - item in question (Stipula Etruria - Mint condition) was shipped and delivered to the address in September 2017 within standard international shipping times (10days) after receiving payment.

https://gyazo.com/fbeb0a102bb8c51d9aeb206b33a9ddf5

https://gyazo.com/faf1cd0617c9db996bfffd9221d14626

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have tried to locate package over the course of 6 months with a new USPS search request every month since package was sent to rubendh's incorrect address and ultimately lost in transit..
    As such rubendh requested refund and has not received one because the item in question has never been returned to my possession since delivery at/to the incorrect address.

https://gyazo.com/f7fc48a9d3da5ffdd39ac7da13762cdb
    ---tracking number is same as one in first picture link;proof of same package----

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have conducted dozens and dozens of problem free transactions over the years without incident.
    Examples of recent transactions:

https://gyazo.com/e39830e758d292005a2105a5bfb31256
    https://gyazo.com/4d6671fc323d11db765ff091e80b4cb9
    https://gyazo.com/cf4bf76669f0efd91fbce44e06cf697c
    https://gyazo.com/58e2d6a798ca5c747cfe44c3f5f2d585
    https://gyazo.com/644a62af3b8bf5a388a3c0b95609b402
    https://gyazo.com/10f64b3c2d8ebbeffcfe4581af3cc064

Many of those transactions are pens posted and sold from the same listing rubendh purchased his Stipula from..

Unfortunately because the item was lost after attempted delivery to rubendh's falsely provided shipping address I was not willing to refund ruben.
    I am in no position to refund payment for the Stipula Etruria after losing said pen to international shipping due to being provided incorrect and false address to ship and deliver to. Had I made a mistake or error in my duties to package and send the pen I would have no issue offering a refund as I have told ruben before. In this case shipment and delivery of the pen/package were well documented; as such I believe I fulfilled my duties as a seller. However, resulting problems that arose due being provided an incorrect and false address to ship and deliver to I cannot take responsibility for. As a result of ruben's incorrect shipping/delivery address the package was lost after delivery to said address - now he seeks refunds and payment for his own mistakes while attempting to harass me with PM threats and scam alert posts.
    Not only did I maintain constant communication with ruben for almost half a year while this went on. I also spent hours on the phone waiting for a chance to speak to a USPS representatives countless times. Took numerous trips to the post office to check and ask for any information/news on the package. And filled monthly USPS missing package claims. I spent a ton of my time trying to help ruben get his pen that he had sent to the wrong address. If I had the pen back in my hands ruben would have his refund no problem.
    Last edited by jjm5812; April 18th, 2018 at 12:11 AM.

Thanks
    Thanked 10,361 Times in 3,977 Posts

Default Re: rubendh SCAM.. Two Sides to Every Story

Please remove those links of your successful sales as they show your buyers names and addresses plus their PayPal account email addresses. They do on the other thread too.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chrissy For This Useful Post:

fpnut (April 18th, 2018), jjm5812 (April 18th, 2018)

Thanks

my fault - updated

Thanks

As I don't think this is the place to continue the discussion, I marked my post as sold. This results in that comments can not be made and it won't bump anymore.

This discussion probably bothers people so I suggest you to do the same.
    If not, I highly suggest you to stop lying.

In this post you say that you don't have pen the back back from being returned. And try to prove that with screenshots, right?
    However, is this true?

Please read the last paragraph of your message:
    https://image.ibb.co/m6F9e7/Screensh...418_073151.jpg

The goal of my post is to warn people that this situation with you happened. Why? Because after numerous messages you just flatanly ignored me for months on FPN.

The goal is reached as you finaly contacted me again via PMs. I suggest further contact will be aswell as PMs.
    Thanks

Thanks

@rubendh In marking your thread Sold, it closed the thread and jjm5812 can't edit his post to remove all of the personal information that needs to be removed in there. Can you maybe mark it Unsold for a short time in order that he can just edit his post?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Chrissy View Post
    @rubendh In marking your thread Sold, it closed the thread and jjm5812 can't edit his post to remove all of the personal information that needs to be removed in there. Can you maybe mark it Unsold for a short time in order that he can just edit his post?
    Will do, please ping me when the info has been removed so I could close it again

Thanks

Yes I did tell you that when tracking had said the package was at my local post for delivery after 4 months of waiting. However the package was in the end, never returned. You saw the tracking at that time, that it was in my area, so you did not pursue the subject under the same impression as I: that I would receive the package back soon. In the end it never came, it was the week of Christmas. If you had bothered to use the tracking number I provided to you over and over you would have seen that, in fact any calls you place to USPS customer service with the tracking number can confirm that after reaching my area that package was marked and sent to MRC Atlanta. There is no delivery receipt or tracking afterwords because the package was never delivered or scanned outgoing again. Feel free to use the tracking number and check the facts with USPS.

By now I am aware that you will probably never come to face the reality that: had you provided a correct and legitimate address for shipping to on your PayPal - you would have received your pen in September when you purchased it. You were not scammed by the person who shipped the package the day after payment was received, who sent the package to your false PayPal address, who worked with you from September - January, over 5 months, in constant contact and communication to try and rectify your mistake while you pursued me to fix it doing nothing yourself. I spent more time waiting at the post office and on the phone waiting to get a chance to talk to USPS customer service than you care to accept or realize.

Seems to me that you scammed yourself by providing a false address for me to ship to. Unfortunately for me resulted in spending the numerous hours waiting at the post office, and on the phone with USPS customer service, trying to help you fix the situation and mistake you created. I did not scam you when I shipped the package with your pen. I did not scam you when it was delivered to the false PayPal address you provided, and I certainly did not scam you by spending half a year trying to help you with it. In the end the reality that you scammed yourself by providing a false international shipping address is simple to understand. The tracking information has all the facts. Hopefully you will understand that had you given a legitimate address on your PayPal for me to ship to - the pen would have been delivered 10 days after you paid for it. On the same day as the delivery confirmation posted on the tracking to your false address.

By having the pen delivered to a false address and ultimately lost while being shipped across the globe, during Christmas holiday season no less is your self created scam. There is no one to blame but yourself in this situation. I did everything I could and should have done to help you. Trying to label me as a scammer because you cannot accept the facts or reality of the situation is petty. While you "reached your goal" of having me reply to your threats and harassment PM's finally makes no difference. This is already in the past for me and I have moved on. Your time is your own and while you can continue to link addresses you think are mine with threats in your PM's; I would suggest you find a better use of your time. You're only embarrassing yourself. Take the time, check the facts, and realize the reality of your so called scam. Providing a legitimate address on your PayPal for an international shipment would probably have changed the outcome just a little bit.

Thanks

There are indeed two sides to every story, and maybe we have the general gist of what happened now. It seems like there may have been problems with the address and the delivery, that could have been different.

However, when it comes down to the "nitty gritty" it is up to the seller to ensure that the buyer receives the item or gets his money back. That is the basis of the contract. The seller is the only person who can claim through whatever courier or postal service was used for delivery.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,390 Times in 2,505 Posts

But Jason, since you acknowledged that his Stipula was in your house in January of this year, why are you writing all this stuff about lost packages and a buyer using false addresses? I have contacted both of you by PM with a suggested resolution so the matter can be closed.
    Last edited by FredRydr; April 18th, 2018 at 06:08 AM.

11. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to FredRydr For This Useful Post:

carlos.q (April 18th, 2018), fpnut (April 18th, 2018), penwash (April 18th, 2018), taylorwfu (April 18th, 2018)

Thanks

It is already mentioned in Rubens thread that the Stipula was not actually in my possession. As I have mentioned in my thread as well the Stipula was shown to be in the local post office on the tracking when I told Ruben that. He acknowledged it was indeed finally back to my city and so the PayPal claim timer was let to run out a few hours later. In the end it was never delivered and instead routed from local post office to USPS MRC (mail recovery center) in Atlanta where it has not been located since January when it was last scanned into the MRC. All it takes to confirm this with USPS is for ruben to call them with the provided tracking number from half a year ago. I called them last month while filing the USPS Missing Mail Claim/Search and they were able to give me a full-rundown of the tracking from the day it was shipped to the day it was scanned into the MRC. They even give you the reason that it was re-routed from local post office to MRC instead of my house which was the fact that there was no longer a legible label on the package to deliver to. In any case the reason for the screenshot USPS Claim is to show that indeed the package is listed as missing and has been filed to be searched for, as recently as last month. Currently I still do not have the pen and the truth of the matter is I have never seen the pen again since shipping it last September - USPS tracking can also confirm that.

Thanks

I don't think that this is generally true if the seller sent an item to the address provided since the item was delivered to the address provided. The issue here is that item looks like it was rejected... so the ultimate question from a third party is where is the pen now?

Thanks

As I pointed - the truth of the entire situation can be found with the USPS tracking should ruben or anyone else decide to take advantage of the feature. It requires calling USPS customer service line and speaking to a representative, or a USPS employee at a local branch for the information to be pulled up. Since the tracking is so old it is no longer in service but the tracking number is still in use as the Missing Mail claim for it has never been closed. A physical system search by a USPS employee can reveal the dated tracking information including when it was shipped, delivered, delivery refused, etc.

Thanks

According to my experience, if a USPS package is returned to your local sorting center, the possibility that it eventually gets lost is very slim. I'm not judging if you have truly received it or not but I believe there are ways you can get it back. Just go to your local sorting center and ask the people there. It's very likely that the package is just sitting at the corner and no one bothers to respond to the USPS search you initiated online. Probably the label got ripped off or something.

However, you have to do this immediately when you didn't get it. Otherwise, it will get collected as a missing package and send to the missing package center. If there's no address indicator inside the package, there's no hope to get it back at that phase.

Thanks

A long time ago, in a Galaxy far, far away, I sold an item via ebay to someone in the US. I couldn't work out why an expensively mailed, fully tracked and insured parcel, disappeared off of the face of the Earth, and had not been delivered by USPS or signed-for in the US. Following much trial and error, and many emails later, I managed to track down someone who assisted and helped me to trace it. Then got it safely delivered. This is the email address of that person: lisa.a.saunders@usps.gov
    Last edited by Chrissy; April 18th, 2018 at 07:04 AM.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chrissy For This Useful Post:

AzJon (April 18th, 2018), penwash (April 18th, 2018)

Thanks

The package was received to my local post office back in January exactly during the time I had said I had it in my possession. I had believe I would have it within the next day or so however - upon arrival to the post office the package "was declared dead mail because it was damaged" and sent to the Mail Recovery Center in Atlanta. "Damaged" I was told meant that there was no longer a return address on the box anymore most likely from the label missing.

This is information given to me only 20-30minutes ago from the 1 (800) 275-8777 USPS Customer Service Menu Extensions 3 3 8 to talk to a live employee after waiting on the phone for 40minutes. Asking for extensive tracking for the original tracking number CX328804417US will give you all the details regarding the item. It cannot be found online anymore as they do not keep tracking information online for after 120days

Thanks

The package was sent to the Mail Recovery Center after being declared "damaged" and missing a return label upon receipt at post office when it arrived back in the USA from Belgium custom - after 4 months in customs. As a result the only thing I could do was file a USPS Missing Mail/Search Claim which screenshot is attached to the original post. The package was never found and still not found - at this point USPS employees tell me it is unlikely I will receive it back after 90 days at Mail Recovery Center in Atlanta.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,804 Times in 1,697 Posts

At least in Europe the legal situation is really clear.

The seller(company) is responsible that the consumer get the ordered goods.
    If the goods got lost or damaged it’s the problem of the seller not the consumer.
    The consumer is only responsible from that point in time when he received and signed for the goods.

So imo it does not matter if it got lost on transport (back to you or not) the consumer did not received his item, clearly your problem Jjm.

Don´t know if the regulations outside Europe are much different, here I would also claim my money back and most likely will receive it (if paid with PayPal or credit card).

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pterodactylus For This Useful Post:

fpnut (April 18th, 2018), rubendh (April 18th, 2018)

Thanks

If the buyer paid for an item and has not received it, then he gets his money back. It's quite straightforward. Wherever the parcel is now or where it has been and when doesn't matter. It's the responsibility of the seller to get the item to the buyer.

23. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Chrissy For This Useful Post:

fpnut (April 18th, 2018), rubendh (April 18th, 2018), SIR (April 19th, 2018)

Thanks

If the buyer paid for an item and has not received it, then he gets his money back. It's quite straightforward. Wherever the parcel is now or where it has been and when doesn't matter. It's the responsibility of the seller to get the item to the buyer.
    Also when the buyer buys something expensive (in my case sth of 350 usd) and the seller decides to not insure the package. And then sth happens (in this case in the returning of the package) and then he tries to say it's the buyers fault...??

Thanks

Frankly I don't think it's as straightforward as that. If the buyer gives wrong address and the package gets delivered to that address and signed by someone at that address, I think it's still buyer's responsibility. Of course, it doesn't apply in this situation because the package was not signed.