Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Mystery Ink #17

Thanks

Default Mystery Ink #17

Time for another Mystery Ink!

As with any mystery ink it is open to FPG veterans, n00bs, newbies, and lurkers. You volunteer, I pick names, I send free ink, you write with it and post your thoughts and observations. Guessing is welcome, but not required. There is nothing to "win" aside from perhaps personal satisfaction that you recognized it. No guess is confirmed until the mystery ink is finally revealed. The point of the mystery ink threads is an unbiased review. Fear not about the quality of your handwriting or sketching abilities. We don't care. We are all appreciative of those with the gift of artistic ability, but how well you draw or write doesn't impact your ability to test an ink and provide your opinion on it.

Unlike the last three mystery inks I do have to restrict entry due to available volume of ink. Everyone is welcome to enter and put their name into the proverbial hat, but I will have to draw names this time. Window of opportunity is one week. As always, international participants are welcome, but due to shipping costs can expect to receive 3 or 4 samples and find themselves automatically nominated for the next few rounds of mystery inks .

2. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Scooby921 For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

azkid (April 23rd, 2018), Chrissy (April 23rd, 2018), countrydirt (April 23rd, 2018), DrPenfection (April 24th, 2018), Empty_of_Clouds (April 23rd, 2018), FredRydr (April 23rd, 2018), KKay (April 24th, 2018), Pterodactylus (April 23rd, 2018), Sailor Kenshin (April 25th, 2018), Sammyo (April 24th, 2018), suzy01 (April 24th, 2018)

Thanks

Default Re: Mystery Ink #17

I'll be watching, but not participating this month. Too much stuff at work to devote time to it.

Thanks
    Thanked 10,367 Times in 3,978 Posts

I'm willing and able, and would love to be included, if there is a space available.

However, I've done some already so if you have plenty of names I don't mind.

Thanks

I'd love to volunteer, but don't want to deny anyone who can give a better review. I'm very new to this lark, and wouldn't be anywhere near as insightful as others in my opinions, and i'm also not sure how well my photography would be able to capture it either. If you're short on names, please count me in as a willing reserve, but if the hat gets full then please count me out.

Thanks

If there's room

Sent from my SCV36 using Tapatalk
    Sam O

"A fountain pen with a bad nib is like a Ferrari with a flat tyre..." - Brian Gray, Edison pens

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Wuddus View Post
    I'd love to volunteer, but don't want to deny anyone who can give a better review. I'm very new to this lark, and wouldn't be anywhere near as insightful as others in my opinions, and i'm also not sure how well my photography would be able to capture it either. If you're short on names, please count me in as a willing reserve, but if the hat gets full then please count me out.
    You're new. You're in. There are no wrong answers in a subjective review...unless you claim that Noodler's Baystate Blue is easy to clean and doesn't stain . But this isn't Baystate Blue, so that shouldn't be an option.

Quote Originally Posted by Sammyo View Post
    If there's room

Sent from my SCV36 using Tapatalk
    We'll see how many new or different volunteers pop up for MI 17, but as I'm already shipping you a pen you will be getting a few other MI samples in the box just because it's easy.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Scooby921 For This Useful Post:

Sammyo (April 24th, 2018), Wuddus (April 25th, 2018)

Thanks

Default Mystery Ink #17

I’d love to be in it, as I’m new, too!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Crocker7; April 24th, 2018 at 01:08 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,703 Times in 822 Posts

I don't have a lot of ink experience but if you need more volunteers I would be happy to give it a go.

Thanks

Mine is practically vibrating in the cupboard waiting to come out and play from when you sent it with m15. I'm in! I really love doing the mystery ink series. It's so much fun trying out new inks even though I'm too new to guess properly.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Thanks

Scooby, count me in this time.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Scooby921 View Post
    You're new. You're in. There are no wrong answers in a subjective review...unless you claim that Noodler's Baystate Blue is easy to clean and doesn't stain . But this isn't Baystate Blue, so that shouldn't be an option.
    Thank you, Scooby

Thanks
    Thanked 1,175 Times in 698 Posts

I would enjoy doing this again, but I also do not want to exclude someone else.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,427 Times in 1,716 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Chrissy View Post
    I'm willing and able, and would love to be included, if there is a space available.

However, I've done some already so if you have plenty of names I don't mind.
    What Chrissy says....
    My other pen is a Montblanc.

And my other blog is a tumblr!

And my latest ebook, for spooky wintery reading:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0CM2NGSSD

Thanks

I know I'm not exactly a regular visitor here, but I do try to pop in now and then. When I checked out this thread and saw this part in particular:
    Unlike the last three mystery inks I do have to restrict entry due to available volume of ink.
    I got curious. I'm wondering what ink would be in such limited supply as to necessitate restricting entry. Unfortunately, I have little experience doing ink reviews -- only a few casual ones and no real formal ones -- and the vast majority of inks I've used are blues or bluish, so I'm probably not the best person to be commenting on some mystery ink that could be in some color range I never use. However, if you're still looking for people, have spots open, and are OK with the above points, I could give this a try. I just have to write up something, then photograph or scan it to post here, right? I should be able to do that, though it could end up being a stream of consciousness type of thing as I write with the ink, which tends to be what I do when I'm just trying out a new ink on my own. Thanks!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dronak View Post
    I know I'm not exactly a regular visitor here, but I do try to pop in now and then. When I checked out this thread and saw this part in particular:
    Unlike the last three mystery inks I do have to restrict entry due to available volume of ink.
    I got curious. I'm wondering what ink would be in such limited supply as to necessitate restricting entry. Unfortunately, I have little experience doing ink reviews -- only a few casual ones and no real formal ones -- and the vast majority of inks I've used are blues or bluish, so I'm probably not the best person to be commenting on some mystery ink that could be in some color range I never use. However, if you're still looking for people, have spots open, and are OK with the above points, I could give this a try. I just have to write up something, then photograph or scan it to post here, right? I should be able to do that, though it could end up being a stream of consciousness type of thing as I write with the ink, which tends to be what I do when I'm just trying out a new ink on my own. Thanks!
    To clarify, this ink is in limited supply in my personal ink cabinet. That comment was not intended to describe global availability, though I still won't say whether this is a readily available ink or something more unique and rare. I will only say that the bottle I own isn't full.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,124 Times in 428 Posts

I'll sit this one out and let some of the new people here participate this round. Thanks for all the hard work, Scooby!

All the Best.

Thanks

Selection time! I was able to pull 5 more sample vials of ink from this bottle. We've had a good number of new volunteers. With prior participants being so polite and generous I'd like to favor the n00bs on this round. So welcome to the realm of Mystery Ink reviews to the following users. Expect a PM from me requesting your shipping address.

Wuddus
    Crocker7
    KKay
    Dronak
    azkid

Due to my habit of shipping multiple vials to international participants the following 3 already have the ink. If you choose to contribute again your participation is appreciated.

suzy01
    Empty_of_Clouds
    Pterodactylus

With the Mystery Ink series finally growing in interest and participation I suspect MI #18 will finally require me to use a random name picker of some sort to see who the lucky winners are. I'm depressed that I don't have enough ink for everyone, but excited to see so many people enjoying the fun and occasional suspense.
    Last edited by Scooby921; April 30th, 2018 at 06:53 PM.

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Scooby921 For This Useful Post:

Dronak (April 30th, 2018), KKay (April 30th, 2018), suzy01 (April 30th, 2018), Wuddus (April 30th, 2018)

Thanks

Woohoo!

Thank you for this Scooby. I'll get you my details over straight away.

Thanks

To clarify, this ink is in limited supply in my personal ink cabinet. That comment was not intended to describe global availability, though I still won't say whether this is a readily available ink or something more unique and rare. I will only say that the bottle I own isn't full.
    Ah, that makes sense, and I probably should have guessed that you were talking about the amount of ink on hand rather than what might be purchasable now. And fair enough on the ink's actual availability -- it is supposed to be a mystery, after all. Thanks for including me in this round. It should be fun!

Thanks
    Thanked 2,528 Times in 1,299 Posts

Waiting on the start date (i.e. when others get their samples).

Thanks, Scooby, for sending the additional samples.