Thread: Franklin-Christoph Takes care of its customers

Thanks

Thumbs up Franklin-Christoph Takes care of its customers

I just want to say everything that F-C says on their site is true (in my experience, limited as it is). They back their stuff to the hilt. Their warranty is noteworthy. See: http://www.franklin-christoph.com/warranty.html

I recently had a warranty issue on an older pen with a rare finish. They took care of it in record time (despite warning me that it would take a while). They not only fixed the problem, they fixed a nib issue that was not a manufacturing issue and they helpfully hung on to the pen and tested it throughly for several days before sending it back (7000 miles). Further, they sent it express & at their expense.

The F-C folks took a lot of care to make sure I was happy. They were kind and courteous and pleasant to deal with every step of the way and generally exceeded all my expectations.

I am so used to being treated shabbily by pretty much everyone after they get your scratch. It is nice to see a company that doesn't make you fight for every little thing and is willing to make such an effort long after they made the sale. I have 3 Franklin-Christoph pens so far (I am mostly a vintage nerd) and three pen cases. But I can see more in my future. I too, once was dismissive of (seemingly) swirly acrylic pens with Jowo nib units but I would argue that F-C designs are unusual and forward looking beyond the pretty plastic (distal block threads, huge range of nib options, quality machining and finishing, etc) and they tune all the nibs they fix to their pens. I have stubs, S.I.G. grinds, round nibs, and now an epic cursive italic nib. It is clear that both Mike Masuyama and Jim Rouse know a lot about nib geometry and tuning and the nib you get is much more than a mass produced generic nib unit slapped into swirly plastic. You get the impression these folks really love pens and deigning them. Now I know they also really care about their customers too.

Sample size one. But somehow I feel this is indicative of how much they care and try. Easily the best after-service experience I have had from a pen company and this nib grind is just miraculous and a pleasure to use.

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to stub For This Useful Post:

aj_ay (May 8th, 2018), Dragonmaster Lou (May 4th, 2018), fpnut (May 10th, 2018), InkyAccountant (May 22nd, 2018), jodylud (May 26th, 2018), manoeuver (May 27th, 2018), NibsForScript (May 4th, 2018)

Thanks

Default Re: Franklin-Christoph Takes care of its customers

.wrong thread. haha

Thanks

Though I love my Model 20 so much, and was so impressed with my F-C experience, that yesterday I got an 03. I was on the list for the Italian ICE.

trigger pulled.

Thanks

Since I accidentally bumped this thread, I might as well add a picture. Here is my repaired F-C Model 20 in Antique Glass and the Model 03 that came yesterday in Italian Ice. This pen looks entirely like a clear demonstrator in artificial light but in sunlight glows purple.

Both are about the same size and similar in the hand. The 20 has a slip cap the 03 has a screw cap with Sheaffer-esque distal threads.

Sorry for the errant bump. I meant to post in another window that was open. heh.

20180525_150322.jpg

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to stub For This Useful Post:

manoeuver (May 27th, 2018), NibsForScript (May 26th, 2018)