Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: What I've Learned So Far - A Noobs Tale

Thanks
    Thanked 1,703 Times in 822 Posts

Default Re: What I've Learned So Far - A Noobs Tale

I've been using my 3008 almost exclusively the last week or two. Dang that is a nice pen. It is filled with Tsuki-yo which works well with it. I wrote several pages of correspondence and barely used 1/8 of a tank of ink. At this rate it will take me half a year to use up!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to azkid For This Useful Post:

Wuddus (May 2nd, 2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,483 Times in 1,745 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by azkid View Post
    I've been using my 3008 almost exclusively the last week or two. Dang that is a nice pen. It is filled with Tsuki-yo which works well with it. I wrote several pages of correspondence and barely used 1/8 of a tank of ink. At this rate it will take me half a year to use up!
    After a couple months, I gave up on the fleabay pen and ordered from Amazon. The Extra Fine nib, silvertone trim package arrived the next day, and I immediately inked the 'goldish' one with my Who-Cares Brown Edition Ink (an ink dump).

Worked right away, no flushing, no fiddling. It writes the typical, dry finefinefine WS line, which, combined with the dark brown of the ink, makes the writing itself look antique.

The only problem is, these Amazon 3008s come packaged in a bundle so I had to order four pens. And now I want the Fine set.
    My other pen is a Montblanc.

And my other blog is a tumblr!

And my latest ebook, for spooky wintery reading:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0CM2NGSSD

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Sailor Kenshin For This Useful Post:

Wuddus (June 3rd, 2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,807 Times in 1,648 Posts

Wuddus:

I just read through this thread and think you've curated your group of pens with great care. You seemed to proceed more intentionally than most do up to where you may have completed your trajectory as a fountain pen enthusiast in a very short time and left an articulate journal of your experiences.

This thread will validate others who arrive here who need to know they are not required to buy that Visconti (or whatever) to take part in this forum or in this hobby. Nicely done.
    "Nolo esse salus sine vobis ...” —St. Augustine

6. The Following User Says Thank You to VertOlive For This Useful Post:

Wuddus (June 3rd, 2019)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by VertOlive View Post
    Wuddus:

I just read through this thread and think you've curated your group of pens with great care. You seemed to proceed more intentionally than most do up to where you may have completed your trajectory as a fountain pen enthusiast in a very short time and left an articulate journal of your experiences.

This thread will validate others who arrive here who need to know they are not required to buy that Visconti (or whatever) to take part in this forum or in this hobby. Nicely done.
    Thank you!

There are strong trends in the fountain pen realm, as to what people should do, and should own. Particularly when it comes to buying pre-owned items. If someone else gets a feeling of liberation from this thread, that enjoyment can be found without following the prescribed route laid out by others, or feeling to keep buying once you have found a pen (or three) that you are happy with, I would be very happy indeed.

I wanted to enjoy using a fountain pen, with no concern of brand, history, or heritage. I am very pleased that I was able to land somewhere that I'm happy with, not just with minimal outlay, but also with a relatively short learning curve. I did start out a little blinkered, as my initial thoughts before I tiptoed into this arena, was that I suspected the only reason I would be likely to reach for whatever fountain pen I settled on, would be for calligraphy style writing of greetings cards, or using obscure ink colours (I'm not sure I've owned up to that on here before ). However, I am very pleased to have been proved wrong, and now reach for a fountain pen as a daily writer.

I think more credit needs to go to the Far Eastern manufacturers, than anything I have done here myself. I'm just the lucky recipient of their efforts.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Wuddus For This Useful Post:

VertOlive (June 4th, 2019)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sailor Kenshin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by azkid View Post
    After a couple months, I gave up on the fleabay pen and ordered from Amazon. The Extra Fine nib, silvertone trim package arrived the next day, and I immediately inked the 'goldish' one with my Who-Cares Brown Edition Ink (an ink dump).

Worked right away, no flushing, no fiddling. It writes the typical, dry finefinefine WS line, which, combined with the dark brown of the ink, makes the writing itself look antique.

The only problem is, these Amazon 3008s come packaged in a bundle so I had to order four pens. And now I want the Fine set.
    Lucky you I had to buy all mine separately