Thread: What I've Learned So Far - A Noobs Tale

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks

Default Re: What I've Learned So Far - A Noobs Tale

Quote Originally Posted by Sailor Kenshin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Wuddus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by FredRydr View Post
    Get thee to a pen show to help find your path. Wuddus, where are you located?
    I'm in the UK. I have located a show that I could get to, but the travelling costs and entry fee would be more than I'd be willing to spend when I there. I don't think that I or the exhibitors would benefit much from my attendance at the moment

I already have two and three quarters of the three pens that I'm looking for, and want to spend some decent time with them before considering trying anything else. All I expect to get for the rest of this year, is a couple of spare 388s, maybe a couple of inks (although I already have enough to easily get me through 2018), and then possibly explore a couple of paper options.
    Wise approach, and I often wish it was the one I'd taken, rather than buying EVERYTHING. But on the other hand, it's been a fun, wild ride, and I made lots of people happy with my mistakes.
    Thank you

I have spent obscene amounts of money on other interests in the past, and ultimately the extra expense didn't equate to extra happiness. If a sub-£10 pen writes well, I don't see the benefit of spending £100. I know other people may value pens differently, but I fail to see anything beyond "writing implement".

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wuddus For This Useful Post:

ilikenails (December 23rd, 2018), Morgaine (May 16th, 2018)