Thread: Question about Pen's I bought

Thanks

Default Question about Pen's I bought

Hi! I bought a box of old pens today and was wondering how to test them as it seems none of them have good ink? Also any information on them would be awesome! I am attached some photos
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks

Default Re: Question about Pen's I bought

You have some nice esterbrooks and nibs, there are a few Parker pens that are either some models of a 51,but hard to tell from the pictures. There is a Koh-i-noor Rapidograph as well. Richard Binder's website has some great information on some of these pens. More than likely the Esterbrooks and Parkers will need to have new ink sacs or at least thoroughly cleaned. Let me know if you are willing to sell the Parkers. Good luck in your search.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Thanked 6,731 Times in 1,976 Posts

The Parker 51 fountain pen and pencil is pretty nice. Based on the clip, that is the aeromatic version, which may just need a good flush then you can fill it up with ink and write with it.

The Esterbrooks most likely need a new ink sac. One of the Esterbrook, the one with metal cap, may be the cartridge version, in which case you can just clean up the cartridge using a blunt syringe and fill it with ink.

The all metal Parker looks like a Parker 75 flighter (?), that one also is a cartridge filler, in which you can use modern Parker cartridges you can buy at the Office Depot or other office supply stores.
    - Will
    Unique and restored vintage pens: Redeem Pens

Thanks

Those Esterbrook nibs are wonderful things. They will also fit old style piston filling Rotrings, so if you don't want them, put them up on the for sale board here and they will find a buyer, I'm sure. Particularly the fine stub.