Thread: WTT: Parker/Torelli "51" Flighter

Thanks
    Thanked 1,222 Times in 598 Posts

Default WTT: Parker/Torelli "51" Flighter

Hi all,

I've always thought I'd only get rid of this pen out of financial necessity, but it's not finding much use anymore and I think that's a shame. I have realized that colorful celluloids and flexible nibs are just better suited to me. Anyway, this is a really special pen that I've posted about multiple times before--in essence it is a "full" flighter: all parts except the feed, nib, collector, ink chamber and inner cap are stainless steel. The connector, hood, and cap jewel were made by Brad Torelli, who converted the pen to an eyedropper (see photo) at my request though it can be converted back to an aerometric easily if desired. The pen feels wonderfully solid in the hand (it is 37g capped, just over 30 uncapped) and is front-weighted, which gives it a nimble feel. The nib is a smooth an moderately wet medium-fine. It feels indestructible, and it probably is pretty close to it. Condition is good--some minor scratches, a dent to the end of the barrel which could be taken out...the pen has been used frequently for over a year and it bears some signs of it. No major condition issues. As with all Torelli's work, guaranteed for life.
    Pics from when I listed it a few months back out of necessity (money which turned out to not be needed)

20180122_104553.jpg
    20180122_104614.jpg
    20180122_110014.jpg

In terms of the trade: I have put about $580 into this pen ($300 of work for the stainless parts, $100 for the eyedropper conversion, $180 for the original pen). I am more interested in getting a pen I really enjoy than getting something of exactly equal value, although I could imagine some trades where money might be appropriate to make up the difference.
    Here are the pens I'd consider trading this for: (in no particular order)

Montblanc 146 celluloid with ski-slope feed (user grade)
    Waterman's 12s or 14s safety (mottled RHR preferred) with flexible nib
    Soennecken 111 Superior or Extra in either of the brown colors or the black 'hash' **
    1930's Waterman's with a flexible stubbish nib in colorful celluloid (moss agate, turquoise etc..)--particularly 94 or Lady Patricia
    1930's Chilton with clip in colorful celluloid w/flex nib
    OMAS vest-pocket pen (with clip) or 556/s in colorful celluloid
    Parker Duofold in Lapis, Orange, or Jade (only if it has flexible nib)
    Wahl-Eversharp Gold Seal with flex nib in coral, green and gold, or lapis
    Conklin Nozac in colorful celluloid w/flex nib

possible:
    high-quality Italian pen with flexible nibs in interesting celluloid (Ancora, Columbus, Williamson etc.)
    Mabie Todd Swan or Conway Stewart with flexible nib in interesting celluloid
    high-quality French pen with flexible nib in interesting celluloid

**O.K, this may be at the top of my list

If you have anything, send me a p.m!

Thanks,
    Will
    If my p.m box is full, feel free to email me at dabantur@gmail.com.

Thanks

Default Re: WTT: Parker/Torelli "51" Flighter

Although I would prefer a trade, I wouls be willing to part with it for $450 shipped.
    Will

Thanks

Default Re: WTT: Parker/Torelli "51" Flighter

Bump.
    Will