Thread: Esterbrook Relief No7 - Info Required.

Thanks

Question Esterbrook Relief No7 - Info Required.

Good morning,

I was given this pen and I wanted to find some more information about it (age, value etc) is not in the best condition as you can see.
    The cap has a crack and is missing the clip, main body is in ok condition although Im unsure of the internals as I'm not sure how it operates. The Nib has the r.h.s tine bend down, I suspect this could be quickly fixed however I'm not confident to do it (as I can be heavy handed ha).
    Would it be worth restoring it, if so who would I be best speaking with?
    Sorry for the questions, ignorance, I normally buy new pens this is my first vintage (although I was given a few old parkers at same time).
    Mike

Last edited by mikey_abz; May 14th, 2018 at 02:08 AM.

Thanks

Default Re: Esterbrook Relief No7 - Info Required.

Has now been restored.

3. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mikey_abz For This Useful Post:

azkid (June 9th, 2018), carlos.q (June 10th, 2018), countrydirt (June 9th, 2018), Cyril (June 25th, 2018)

Thanks

Default Re: Esterbrook Relief No7 - Info Required.

This pen looks more better great.. and I guess it is a lot of efforts and work. I started to get into vintage pens very recently, about a month and now I own 7 pens and another 6 coming to my collection. I have done a long research on how to restore the Vintage pens and planing to get the materials and few necessary tools and spare parts I need to turn my pens to a great level.
    I find the Older pen nibs are greater in writing. I have a waterman's 513 pen 14k nib never used such a nib that writs wonderfully.
    The pen is in great shape and no scratches or marks but the only down side is self-filler lever is broken and and no sac in side I feel and the seller knows nothing about the pen.
    So I need a spare lever (waterman's 513) and open the pen replace the sac and polish the nib and the whole pen will be great.
    Any idea where to find a Lever?