Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Another member who cannot log on

Thanks
    Thanked 1,112 Times in 573 Posts

Default Re: Another member who cannot log on

The muppets are a fine image but I'm thinking Grumpy Old Men...Putz and Moron.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,379 Times in 586 Posts

This isn't the same thing, but I find that whenever I've been logged in for more than a few minutes and try to post something, and especially when I try to write a PM, the system seems to think I'm not logged in and I find that I have to log in again. Does this happen to anyone else? And with PMs it sometimes tell me after I try to log back in that a security token (or something -- can't remember the exact word) is missing, and it erases the entire PM I'd just written, and I have to start from scratch. It's gotten so that I now write my PM offline, then copy it, log in, and then paste it into the blank field and send it off.
    Last edited by calamus; May 18th, 2018 at 11:35 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 10,336 Times in 3,966 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by calamus View Post
    This isn't the same thing, but I find that whenever I've been logged in for more than a few minutes and try to post something, and especially when I try to write a PM, the system seems to think I'm not logged in and I find that I have to log in again. Does this happen to anyone else? And with PMs it sometimes tell me after I try to log back in that a security token (or something -- can't remember the exact word) is missing, and it erases the entire PM I'd just written, and I have to start from scratch. It's gotten so that I now write my PM offline, then copy it, log in, and then paste it into the blank field and send it off.
    This is exactly what was happening to my friend, and that was caused by her browser security settings.

Thanks

I'm another

I'm currently logged in via mozilla on my pc... but for the last two weeks or so I cant log in via safari on my iphone. I fill in all my details, it looks like its loading, then ends up at the login page again. Sometimes it looks like its logged in, but the moment I click on anything else, I'm suddenly logged out again.

Very weird!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,379 Times in 586 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Chrissy View Post
    This is exactly what was happening to my friend, and that was caused by her browser security settings.
    Did she mention what it was about her security settings that caused the problem?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Chrissy View Post
    Did she mention what it was about her security settings that caused the problem?
    I'm afraid not. I think it might have been Firefox settings though.

Thanks

My issue, which I've posted in at least two other threads in this section, is that the two-factor authentication, at least for me, seems to be broken. So, while I can still login, read & post via the Tapatalk app, I cannot login via web browser, regardless of which browser I use.

Unfortunately Tapatalk more often than not will not display pictures posted.

I've surmised that is an active admin was here, my problem could be resolved a few different ways, whether manually deactivating TFA on my account, or simply resetting/deleting my account so I could create a new login ID with my existing email.

I am unwilling to create another email account for the sole purpose of being able to login to FPGeeks, so until there is an admin who does more than just pay the bills (which is much appreciated, don't get me wrong), we're always going to have these issues cropping up and then going away rather than being resolved.

Thanks

Can you not disable TFA yourself? I assume you originally chose to activate it, and now you would prefer to deactivate it. Does reversing the steps that you took not work?

I don't know how to get rid of it because I've never chosen to have it in the first place, but if there is a box to check to get it, one would assume there should be a way of unchecking it or checking it again to lose it.

Have you emailed the administrator to ask him?

Thanks

Hello Everyone-

After several months of existing as Seney724 and being unable to complete my registration, I have reregistered using a different name and email address.
    As some of you may recall, I was never able to get someone to send me the confirmatory email required to complete one's registration. so, all I have been able to do is "lurk." I have been blocked from viewing photos, messaging, posting, etc.
    Interestingly enough, in addition to having no administrator (after seven months of a total inability to get a response from anyone, what other conclusion can I draw), it appears that you cannot deactivate a membership on this site.

Anyway, with thanks to the many of you who made suggestions and the great efforts in my behalf by FredRydr. I am now fully registered as a member under the name of 724Seney. I look forward to being able to more fully participate and hope that I will not have to undergo too much "newbie" hazing since I am not really a "newbie." Just a reborn Geek!!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to 724Seney For This Useful Post:

FredRydr (August 2nd, 2018)