View Poll Results: Music nibs - Pilot or Sailor?

Voters
5. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sailor

2 40.00%
  • Pilot

3 60.00%

Thread: Music nibs - Pilot or Sailor?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,282 Times in 556 Posts

Default Re: Music nibs - Pilot or Sailor?

Guy says (Medieval, if you're not a guy, sorry), "Hey, after doing my due diligence, I've whittled my options down to these two specific brands and nibs types. Anyone have any feedback on these two specific brands and nibs that will help me choose between these two specific brands and nibs?"

Immediately, his due diligence is questioned.

After just over ten years of participating at fpn and in this forum (not much these past coupla years), I learned to answer the question. When someone asks for purchase options for a pen costing between $150 and $300, for instance, I don't hardsell him or her a Nakaya, even though Nakaya makes a very good and durable product and it is my favorite.

I might mention, "Hey, if you get to the $500 to $1,000 range -- as absurd as that sounds now -- you might want to consider a Nakaya, because (reasons)" after mentioning other pens in the price range requested.

I understand Medieval's frustration. If, like me, it takes a long time of considering this versus that versus the other thing and researching and comparing and then finally being able to dismiss all other options down to two -- then asking for opinions about those two options -- to have someone insist that I consider his favorite thing just because he's been on the boards for eight years, well, jesus christ. Frustrating!

The photo was helpful. Jon, you should have led with the photo.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ethernautrix For This Useful Post:

LeFreak (May 21st, 2018), Medieval (May 21st, 2018)