Thread: Bubbly

Thanks

Default Bubbly

Why is my Montblanc M keep doing this? Am I doing something wrong, or does it have to go back to the factory?

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G930F met Tapatalk

Thanks

Default Re: Bubbly

If your fountain pen is writing well, don't worry. I have had cartridges do the same with OMAS and Sailor pens. I believe it is caused by the type of ink. I mixed Simoni & Montblanc blacks for a very dark black. It is only with that combination that I have had similar residual bubbles, despite the pens writing perfectly.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Barry B. Gabay For This Useful Post:

BlkWhiteFilmPix (July 1st, 2018), Cleerdin (May 22nd, 2018)

Thanks

Default Re: Bubbly

Currently it's doing fine. There are however occasion where the jams and I need to give it a shake to get it flowing.
    This usually occurs when I write on a specific type of vanilla-coloured, somewhat coarsw paper.
    I also own another Montblanc M, basically the exact same one except with the matte finish. I put the blue MB ink in it -not the navy one, the lighter shade- , and it never has this problem, not even with the paper which jams this pen. So it may very well be the ink.
    Quote Originally Posted by Barry B. Gabay View Post
    If your fountain pen is writing well, don't worry. I have had cartridges do the same with OMAS and Sailor pens. I believe it is caused by the type of ink. I mixed Simoni & Montblanc blacks for a very dark black. It is only with that combination that I have had similar residual bubbles, despite the pens writing perfectly.
    Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G930F met Tapatalk